Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Interest in setting up a men's group for expat spouses?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Interest in setting up a men's group for expat spouses?

Hi all, 

I am trying to see if there is any interest in setting up a men's group here for English-speaking expats. Together with two other expat spouses we're just testing the waters. All three of us are counsellors and we know from our own experience that the expat life has it's quirks and peculiarities.

It could be worthwhile meeting up once a month or so. Currently we are in the brain-strom phase so any ideas or suggestions?

This page might give you some ideas of what could be worked on...  

The text you are quoting:

Hi all, 

I am trying to see if there is any interest in setting up a men's group here for English-speaking expats. Together with two other expat spouses we're just testing the waters. All three of us are counsellors and we know from our own experience that the expat life has it's quirks and peculiarities.

It could be worthwhile meeting up once a month or so. Currently we are in the brain-strom phase so any ideas or suggestions?

Aernout ZMar 17, 2017 @ 10:56
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 1452 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Interest in setting up a men's group for expat spouses?
Post 1

Hi all, 

Mar 17, 17 10:56

I have received a few responses through messages, and through my site. I am a male counsellor, and open to receive clients. However, this post here above was and is intended more generally to see if we can create a group big enough to do interesting stuff, like organise hikes or other get-togethers.

I have received a few responses through messages, and through my site. I am a male counsellor, and open to receive clients. However, this post here above was and is intended more generally to see if we can create a group big enough to do interesting stuff, like organise hikes or other get-togethers.

Aernout Z, Apr 8, 2017 @ 18:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi,

Sounds like a great idea. I'm interested in a men's group along the lines of http://www.malejourney.org.uk/local-men-s-groups

I'm also open to hiking, camping, etc, but would be more interested in something with a personal growth/spiritual aspect. Please let me know if you're doing or would like to do something like that.

Sam

Hi,

Sounds like a great idea. I'm interested in a men's group along the lines of http://www.malejourney.org.uk/local-men-s-groups

I'm also open to hiking, camping, etc, but would be more interested in something with a personal growth/spiritual aspect. Please let me know if you're doing or would like to do something like that.

Sam

SMacDuff, Aug 10, 2017 @ 16:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Count me in. Sounds very interesting. Cool website by the way. 

Count me in. Sounds very interesting. Cool website by the way. 

xaviero, Aug 11, 2017 @ 12:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi,

Would be cool. Let me know.

Hi,

Would be cool. Let me know.

lee E, Aug 11, 2017 @ 17:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies!

Would you mind if I take a bit of time to come up with a suggestion? It was nearly six months ago when I posted the original idea, and it was quiet for quite some time with hardly any responses. With some more interest now the idea has become more viable. 

So: watch this space, and I'll email you all in the next ten days or so.

Best for now,

Aernout

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies!

Would you mind if I take a bit of time to come up with a suggestion? It was nearly six months ago when I posted the original idea, and it was quiet for quite some time with hardly any responses. With some more interest now the idea has become more viable. 

So: watch this space, and I'll email you all in the next ten days or so.

Best for now,

Aernout

Aernout Z, Aug 16, 2017 @ 10:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hello all,

I would be interested in this group as well if it comes together. Please add me to the list.

-Kris

Hello all,

I would be interested in this group as well if it comes together. Please add me to the list.

-Kris

Kris Holliday, Aug 22, 2017 @ 07:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 1452 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form