Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > International Health Insurance

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
International Health Insurance

Hi,

I am Leow from Malaysia will be going to Geneva in December for 7 month for working and learning purpose.

Health insurace are not cover by my employer in Swiss.

I am just wondering is it alright if I get my own international insurance from Malaysia itself before I fly to Geneva ? The insurance is  International Health Plan by AXA . 

Will I face any problem when apply for working/residence permit ?

Is there any ruling in Geneva that health insurance plan must buy in Swiss only ?

Thank you

Leow

The text you are quoting:

Hi,

I am Leow from Malaysia will be going to Geneva in December for 7 month for working and learning purpose.

Health insurace are not cover by my employer in Swiss.

I am just wondering is it alright if I get my own international insurance from Malaysia itself before I fly to Geneva ? The insurance is  International Health Plan by AXA . 

Will I face any problem when apply for working/residence permit ?

Is there any ruling in Geneva that health insurance plan must buy in Swiss only ?

Thank you

Leow

Leow chinOct 22, 2017 @ 11:55
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 993 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: International Health Insurance
Post 1

Hi Leow,

Unless you will be working for a U.N. or other recognised International Organisation that runs their own insurance plan - you will need Swiss health insurance.  You should check with your employer.

https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/themen/versicherungen/krankenversicherung/krankenversicherung-versicherte-mit-wohnsitz-im-ausland/versicherungspflicht/kurzarbeitende-ch.html

All the best.

Niall.

The text you are quoting:

Hi Leow,

Unless you will be working for a U.N. or other recognised International Organisation that runs their own insurance plan - you will need Swiss health insurance.  You should check with your employer.

https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/themen/versicherungen/krankenversicherung/krankenversicherung-versicherte-mit-wohnsitz-im-ausland/versicherungspflicht/kurzarbeitende-ch.html

All the best.

Niall.

nmcp, Oct 23, 2017 @ 19:50
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 993 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form