Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > International Schools/Private Schools in neighboring France

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
International Schools/Private Schools in neighboring France
 Hi,
Can anyone give me a list of schools in neighboring France that are with a French and English curriculum? Thank you so much for your help.
Holly
The text you are quoting:
 Hi,
Can anyone give me a list of schools in neighboring France that are with a French and English curriculum? Thank you so much for your help.
Holly
alexandreOct 10, 2009 @ 21:14
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 2734 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: International Schools/Private Schools in neighboring France
Post 1
 Hey Holly,

I can't give you a list, but I know that the International School of Geneva (La Grande Boissiere campus) is pretty close to France. Their address is :

62, route de Chêne

CH - 1208 Genève

They have a pretty good repuatation and offer the French and English International Baccalaureat programs which are recognized around the world. They start from pre-school and go all the way to secondary school. Hope this helps!
 Hey Holly,

I can't give you a list, but I know that the International School of Geneva (La Grande Boissiere campus) is pretty close to France. Their address is :

62, route de Chêne

CH - 1208 Genève

They have a pretty good repuatation and offer the French and English International Baccalaureat programs which are recognized around the world. They start from pre-school and go all the way to secondary school. Hope this helps!

Julia S, Oct 12, 2009 @ 09:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
 Thanks for your help. I will look into it.
 Thanks for your help. I will look into it.
alexandre, Oct 14, 2009 @ 11:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
In Ferney there is an international section, with many languages, including English
The children do most of their schooling in the normal French school, but also have full English tuition, according to the educational standards in the UK. In primary school, they are excused from their normal local school, in order to go to Ferney, as of college, they go full time in ferney, even if it is not their local school.

You also have Jeanne d'Arc in Gex, a Catholic private school, with a similar English Education. They have just started the English bit, but we moved our kids there last year, since we think it is slightly more humane than the standard French school. We do not regret it. you do not have to be religious to go there, the Catholic part is volontary.
In Ferney there is an international section, with many languages, including English
The children do most of their schooling in the normal French school, but also have full English tuition, according to the educational standards in the UK. In primary school, they are excused from their normal local school, in order to go to Ferney, as of college, they go full time in ferney, even if it is not their local school.

You also have Jeanne d'Arc in Gex, a Catholic private school, with a similar English Education. They have just started the English bit, but we moved our kids there last year, since we think it is slightly more humane than the standard French school. We do not regret it. you do not have to be religious to go there, the Catholic part is volontary.

tawb, Oct 14, 2009 @ 21:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

tawb, do you mind telling the the age of your child/children? Are they attending Jeanne d'arc for their regular school, or just for the English day on Wednesdays?

Our son is in CE1 at a local French school, and he is going to Jeanne d'arc for the Wednesday English school. We have had a problem this year at his French school with a teacher who yells a lot (not at our child, but at the whole class) and we are wondering if we should look into a more "humane" option. What do you think of Jeanne d'arc? That is an option we are considering.

Thanks
Camille

tawb, do you mind telling the the age of your child/children? Are they attending Jeanne d'arc for their regular school, or just for the English day on Wednesdays?

Our son is in CE1 at a local French school, and he is going to Jeanne d'arc for the Wednesday English school. We have had a problem this year at his French school with a teacher who yells a lot (not at our child, but at the whole class) and we are wondering if we should look into a more "humane" option. What do you think of Jeanne d'arc? That is an option we are considering.

Thanks
Camille

CamilleRond, Feb 11, 2010 @ 15:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Camille,

my kids are 12 and 16, attending Jeanne d'Arc as their normal school, one in collège, the other in lycée.  (I didn't even know that they did a special English day once a week, I suppose like the ENP in Ferney.)

French schools are very authoritarian. That's one of the reasons we chose Jeanne d'Arc. You have the same kind of teachers as everywhere else, but the establishement at least pretends to think more about the kids. Personally I think they are better, and my son who moved from Ferney to Jeanne d'Arc thinks the same.

Cheers,

tor

Camille,

my kids are 12 and 16, attending Jeanne d'Arc as their normal school, one in collège, the other in lycée.  (I didn't even know that they did a special English day once a week, I suppose like the ENP in Ferney.)

French schools are very authoritarian. That's one of the reasons we chose Jeanne d'Arc. You have the same kind of teachers as everywhere else, but the establishement at least pretends to think more about the kids. Personally I think they are better, and my son who moved from Ferney to Jeanne d'Arc thinks the same.

Cheers,

tor

tawb, Feb 14, 2010 @ 00:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
 Hi,
Holly
Oct 10, 09 21:14

Hi Alexandre,

So any feedback, your choice goes to... ?

Regards.

Hi Alexandre,

So any feedback, your choice goes to... ?

Regards.

Medicis, Feb 25, 2011 @ 14:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 2734 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form