Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > International Schools in Geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
International Schools in Geneva

We're going to be moving to Geneva in a few months and are wondering which school to put our two daughters, ages 7 and 11.  We are considering the International School at La Grande Boissière, or Collège du Léman (assuming we can get in).  My older daughter is shy and would do better in a smaller or more welcoming environment.  My younger one is very social.  Does anyone have any experience with either school - academic programs, social activities, teachers, facilities, etc.?  I welcome any comments/recommendation -(pro or con, both are useful. 

Thank you in advance for your help. 

Regards,

Jean

The text you are quoting:

We're going to be moving to Geneva in a few months and are wondering which school to put our two daughters, ages 7 and 11.  We are considering the International School at La Grande Boissière, or Collège du Léman (assuming we can get in).  My older daughter is shy and would do better in a smaller or more welcoming environment.  My younger one is very social.  Does anyone have any experience with either school - academic programs, social activities, teachers, facilities, etc.?  I welcome any comments/recommendation -(pro or con, both are useful. 

Thank you in advance for your help. 

Regards,

Jean

Jean WMar 27, 2017 @ 14:49
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

9 Replies | 1787 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: International Schools in Geneva
Post 1

You are welcome to send me a private message. I run the International School Parent Magazine.

You are welcome to send me a private message. I run the International School Parent Magazine.

nickg_44, Mar 28, 2017 @ 11:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I may be biased but try IIL....http://www.iil.ch/en/

My son attended there and were very happy with all facets.

I may be biased but try IIL....http://www.iil.ch/en/

My son attended there and were very happy with all facets.

Jeffery S, Apr 8, 2017 @ 06:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Mar 28, 17 11:51

Hi Nick,

We are in a similar situation, having moved recently to Geneva with our two children aged 8 and 11. They are currently going to a public school, learning French from scratch. While the language poses its own challenges, which I am confident can be overcome with time, we felt that the school / teachers have shown very little support for the kids' integration into their new environment. We are now considering to move them back into an international school and would welcome any recommendations re Swiss private / international schools. Many thanks in advance for your help!

Hi Nick,

We are in a similar situation, having moved recently to Geneva with our two children aged 8 and 11. They are currently going to a public school, learning French from scratch. While the language poses its own challenges, which I am confident can be overcome with time, we felt that the school / teachers have shown very little support for the kids' integration into their new environment. We are now considering to move them back into an international school and would welcome any recommendations re Swiss private / international schools. Many thanks in advance for your help!

Gabriela W, Sep 29, 2017 @ 14:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Check ''Ecole Mosaic'' in Champel, bilingual school from 3 - 12 years old; Or 'Ecole Moser'.

Check ''Ecole Mosaic'' in Champel, bilingual school from 3 - 12 years old; Or 'Ecole Moser'.

Jessica G, Oct 6, 2017 @ 10:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Oct 6, 17 10:58

I second Jessica G, ecole Moser is very good.

I second Jessica G, ecole Moser is very good.

hay_, Oct 6, 2017 @ 13:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

I confirm, Ecole Moser is biligual in french and german and it is one of the best middle/high school with a very hig BAC sucess rate. I give private one on one english classes to students there.

I confirm, Ecole Moser is biligual in french and german and it is one of the best middle/high school with a very hig BAC sucess rate. I give private one on one english classes to students there.

Rachelle P, Oct 6, 2017 @ 19:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

We are happy with Geneva English school near to college leman in genthod. Very small and friendly and family - like. It is not bilingual but both of our boys do French 4 times a week so they are learning fine.. . . 

We are happy with Geneva English school near to college leman in genthod. Very small and friendly and family - like. It is not bilingual but both of our boys do French 4 times a week so they are learning fine.. . . 

eloise t, Oct 7, 2017 @ 09:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

The British School in Geneva is another possibility.

However, a school’s location and its cost can also be decisive factors.

Best weishes, R.

The British School in Geneva is another possibility.

However, a school’s location and its cost can also be decisive factors.

Best weishes, R.

Ritchie, Oct 7, 2017 @ 10:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

I can be of advice too (friend of Nick's). Send me a private message.

I can be of advice too (friend of Nick's). Send me a private message.

Christopher G, Oct 7, 2017 @ 12:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
9 Replies | 1787 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form