Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Internet Advertising/Marketing People in Geneva?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Internet Advertising/Marketing People in Geneva?
Wanted to know who here are in the Advertising/Marketing area as often there are events around the region and in the US that I have to attend and wanted to know if others are going and to let those within the business know to see if they want to come.

If you are in the business PM or reply back and I will be sure to let you know of events and things that are going on within the English side of the business, sorry I don't follow the French/German side of the business.

The events that I am off to over the next few months are:

SMX Advanced in Seattle, WA, USA - June 2 & 3

It might be a far away but this is the best Internet advertising event that happens, in terms of knowledge shared and being around the people that really understand advertising on the Internet.  I can say this as I have attended all the other major advertising events, ad:tech, SES, WW and other SMX's and while the other events are get for networking this is great for learning.

WW Pubcon London, UK - July4

Ok its not a full on conference, but more of a networking event but still worth going to simply due to the low cost, sharing in ideas and its the perfect place to send your junior team members as they will love it, love the company for sending them and will cost you less then 500 CHF per person all in.

Also if you want any feedback on the events that happen, especially those in the US please PM me as I can give you an idea on what to expect and the types of people that attend, but here is a brief overview:

ad:tech - Huge networking event for the traditional agencies to pretend they also provide Internet advertising options.  Great food, great locations, high pricing to attend and full of typical sales speeches.

SES (Search Engine Strategies) - While holding rights to being the largest in terms of people the event itself is a mix between sales speeches and networking.  A couple tracks will produce some gem advice but mostly recycled information you would read from any blog.  Great place to meet all the Internet advertising agencies as 99% of them attend due to the shear number of customers/clients attending this event.

SMX (Search Marketing Expo) - The newest event to hit the industry, came out of the sale of SES and Danny not clicking with the new management.  Still developing its roots and focus, but offers specialty shows and the holy grail of events SMX Advanced.  SMX is often small but can often allow for better networking in terms of learning from the people and often doesn't get clients/customers attending.

WW (WebmasterWorld/Pubcon) - One word, Vegas, can sum up this event.  Its all fun and by the end of the event you'll have a big smile, be broke and have some great stories to share.  The Vegas event is once a year and brings out all the mid to low-end players in the industry.  You won't find any of the major agencies nor will you see anyone in a suit, the average age is probably early 20's and just like Vegas you need to go to WW once in your life.

The text you are quoting:
Wanted to know who here are in the Advertising/Marketing area as often there are events around the region and in the US that I have to attend and wanted to know if others are going and to let those within the business know to see if they want to come.

If you are in the business PM or reply back and I will be sure to let you know of events and things that are going on within the English side of the business, sorry I don't follow the French/German side of the business.

The events that I am off to over the next few months are:

SMX Advanced in Seattle, WA, USA - June 2 & 3

It might be a far away but this is the best Internet advertising event that happens, in terms of knowledge shared and being around the people that really understand advertising on the Internet.  I can say this as I have attended all the other major advertising events, ad:tech, SES, WW and other SMX's and while the other events are get for networking this is great for learning.

WW Pubcon London, UK - July4

Ok its not a full on conference, but more of a networking event but still worth going to simply due to the low cost, sharing in ideas and its the perfect place to send your junior team members as they will love it, love the company for sending them and will cost you less then 500 CHF per person all in.

Also if you want any feedback on the events that happen, especially those in the US please PM me as I can give you an idea on what to expect and the types of people that attend, but here is a brief overview:

ad:tech - Huge networking event for the traditional agencies to pretend they also provide Internet advertising options.  Great food, great locations, high pricing to attend and full of typical sales speeches.

SES (Search Engine Strategies) - While holding rights to being the largest in terms of people the event itself is a mix between sales speeches and networking.  A couple tracks will produce some gem advice but mostly recycled information you would read from any blog.  Great place to meet all the Internet advertising agencies as 99% of them attend due to the shear number of customers/clients attending this event.

SMX (Search Marketing Expo) - The newest event to hit the industry, came out of the sale of SES and Danny not clicking with the new management.  Still developing its roots and focus, but offers specialty shows and the holy grail of events SMX Advanced.  SMX is often small but can often allow for better networking in terms of learning from the people and often doesn't get clients/customers attending.

WW (WebmasterWorld/Pubcon) - One word, Vegas, can sum up this event.  Its all fun and by the end of the event you'll have a big smile, be broke and have some great stories to share.  The Vegas event is once a year and brings out all the mid to low-end players in the industry.  You won't find any of the major agencies nor will you see anyone in a suit, the average age is probably early 20's and just like Vegas you need to go to WW once in your life.
CanadianMay 3, 2009 @ 16:25

Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

0 Replies | 653 Views      |  Send to friend

No replies posted yet.
0 Replies | 653 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form