Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Internet Service Providers - Witikon

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Internet Service Providers - Witikon
Hi everyone!

My fiance and I are moving to Witikon and have not sorted out Internet access until now.

We would only need Internet connection, we have asdl i believe.

Does anyone belong to a referral programme with cablecom etc...

Any comments about Internet Service Providers, good and bad would be really appreciated.

Thanking you in advance :)

Shame to have missed the Spring Party :( next time!

L
The text you are quoting:
Hi everyone!

My fiance and I are moving to Witikon and have not sorted out Internet access until now.

We would only need Internet connection, we have asdl i believe.

Does anyone belong to a referral programme with cablecom etc...

Any comments about Internet Service Providers, good and bad would be really appreciated.

Thanking you in advance :)

Shame to have missed the Spring Party :( next time!

L
BethanianApr 22, 2009 @ 13:01
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 933 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Internet Service Providers - Witikon
Post 1
Hi

I have a similar situation for my own IT needs in Switzerland-

I find that it is well worthwhile using Bluewin for quality not only of product but also service

1) They speak good English and are willing to spend the time fixing any problems

2) They deliver modems promptly-unlike Cablecom who can take a month to inspect your flat and then another 2 weeks to order it. And of course you can collect from a shop.

3) Sunrise are very bad at communicating in your favor as opposed to their advantage-they are often referred to the federal authorities

4) You can wangle a loyalty deal out of Swisscom at renewal date.

You will have to pay the 25 francs for a fixnet line rental way.

5)Best mobile deals change monthly -I use a freeTele2 sim card in my throwaway non- locked Samsung U6oo bought on a special from carphone warehouse in the UK

6)-Bluewin TV has many more English channels plus their High speed internet gives you unlimited fixnet calls in Switzerland .

7)There is a site in the UK which you can subscribe to use the BBC iplayer to get progammes for 30 days after transmission-it costs £ 5-00 on paypal

8)If you have bluewinTV you can get your flat's TV line disconnected from your local cable supplier and save about CHF29 a month rental-usually with your electricity bill.

9)Cheapest Voip is for www.Voipcheap .com-for €10.00 you get unlimited fixnet calls for free for 3 months- much cheaper than Skype

10) All in deals with a’ free' laptop-usually a cheap netbook aren't good value as they work out more expensive than a good Intel core 2 laptop( or a cheap desktop system) and their performance is slower.

11) Internet anywhere dongles suffer from bad reception black spots-like mobile phones-.They are slower and often limited in amount you can download-I had experience of 2 of them in my UK flat and eventually had a simple wire internet line installed.'

I f you have any other questions please call me on 077 207 0631-I can speak faster than I type!

Cheers

Malcolm

Hi

I have a similar situation for my own IT needs in Switzerland-

I find that it is well worthwhile using Bluewin for quality not only of product but also service

1) They speak good English and are willing to spend the time fixing any problems

2) They deliver modems promptly-unlike Cablecom who can take a month to inspect your flat and then another 2 weeks to order it. And of course you can collect from a shop.

3) Sunrise are very bad at communicating in your favor as opposed to their advantage-they are often referred to the federal authorities

4) You can wangle a loyalty deal out of Swisscom at renewal date.

You will have to pay the 25 francs for a fixnet line rental way.

5)Best mobile deals change monthly -I use a freeTele2 sim card in my throwaway non- locked Samsung U6oo bought on a special from carphone warehouse in the UK

6)-Bluewin TV has many more English channels plus their High speed internet gives you unlimited fixnet calls in Switzerland .

7)There is a site in the UK which you can subscribe to use the BBC iplayer to get progammes for 30 days after transmission-it costs £ 5-00 on paypal

8)If you have bluewinTV you can get your flat's TV line disconnected from your local cable supplier and save about CHF29 a month rental-usually with your electricity bill.

9)Cheapest Voip is for www.Voipcheap .com-for €10.00 you get unlimited fixnet calls for free for 3 months- much cheaper than Skype

10) All in deals with a’ free' laptop-usually a cheap netbook aren't good value as they work out more expensive than a good Intel core 2 laptop( or a cheap desktop system) and their performance is slower.

11) Internet anywhere dongles suffer from bad reception black spots-like mobile phones-.They are slower and often limited in amount you can download-I had experience of 2 of them in my UK flat and eventually had a simple wire internet line installed.'

I f you have any other questions please call me on 077 207 0631-I can speak faster than I type!

Cheers

Malcolm

Malcolm W, Apr 22, 2009 @ 15:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Internet Service Providers - Witikon
Post 2
Hi Malcolm,

Thanks so much for all this info - it was very useful indeed!

Although, I had to choose between Cablecom and Bluewin in the end...

I found Bluewin customer service was not up to scratch at all on several phone calls to then.

Cablecom were excellent and cheaper so went with Cablecom, there gadgets arrived 2 days after my phone call and working well... great to have english comedy and dramas back when we feel like watching TV...

That was just my experience, but really appreciate the time you spent writing back...

Good luck...

Best wishes
Hi Malcolm,

Thanks so much for all this info - it was very useful indeed!

Although, I had to choose between Cablecom and Bluewin in the end...

I found Bluewin customer service was not up to scratch at all on several phone calls to then.

Cablecom were excellent and cheaper so went with Cablecom, there gadgets arrived 2 days after my phone call and working well... great to have english comedy and dramas back when we feel like watching TV...

That was just my experience, but really appreciate the time you spent writing back...

Good luck...

Best wishes
Bethanian, May 3, 2009 @ 17:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 933 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form