Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Is it worth switching from Swisscom to Cablecom where Cablecom is the service provider ?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Is it worth switching from Swisscom to Cablecom where Cablecom is the service provider ?

I ask because I am moving where the service provider in the building is Cablecom.  I have always used Swisscom and am happy with it, and have not heard much positive reviews about Cablecom at all.  Is it worth keeping Swisscom and do the transfer to a Cablecom-serviced building or will it involve horrendous costs to "create" a Swisscom line ? Or better to switch to Cablecom as it is already there and apparently cheaper (and also included in my "telereseau" charges in my rent) ?

Most of the reviews I found here (except one) date back to a couple of years ago and I wonder if anyone has positive reviews about Cablecom now.

Thank you !

The text you are quoting:

I ask because I am moving where the service provider in the building is Cablecom.  I have always used Swisscom and am happy with it, and have not heard much positive reviews about Cablecom at all.  Is it worth keeping Swisscom and do the transfer to a Cablecom-serviced building or will it involve horrendous costs to "create" a Swisscom line ? Or better to switch to Cablecom as it is already there and apparently cheaper (and also included in my "telereseau" charges in my rent) ?

Most of the reviews I found here (except one) date back to a couple of years ago and I wonder if anyone has positive reviews about Cablecom now.

Thank you !

Marsa TJul 7, 2017 @ 10:25
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 818 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Is it worth switching from Swisscom to Cablecom where Cablecom is the service provider ?
Post 1

I have been with cablecom for 3 years now and I like it. I was with Swisscom before and changed for this same reason. The building I moved to was with cablecom

I have been with cablecom for 3 years now and I like it. I was with Swisscom before and changed for this same reason. The building I moved to was with cablecom

Marcy S, Jul 7, 2017 @ 10:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Is it worth switching from Swisscom to Cablecom where Cablecom is the service provider ?
Post 2

Thanks Marcy !  Good to know you have a positive experience with Cablecom Smile

Thanks Marcy !  Good to know you have a positive experience with Cablecom Smile

Marsa T, Jul 7, 2017 @ 12:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I have the opposite situation going from cablecom which i have been happy with to Swisscom , but i have no idea what package to get? Any advise ? Are the Sky channels in English ? 

I have the opposite situation going from cablecom which i have been happy with to Swisscom , but i have no idea what package to get? Any advise ? Are the Sky channels in English ? 

Sonia123, Jul 9, 2017 @ 15:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

I have just moved from Cablecom to Swisscom. The possibilities offered by Swisscom TV are so much more flexible and extensive that there really is no comparison. Night and day. Swisscom is a little more expensive but worth it, in my view.

You should speak to Swisscom to see what deal they can give you (eg. concerning the installation of the optic fibre connection in your flat), then decide.

I have just moved from Cablecom to Swisscom. The possibilities offered by Swisscom TV are so much more flexible and extensive that there really is no comparison. Night and day. Swisscom is a little more expensive but worth it, in my view.

You should speak to Swisscom to see what deal they can give you (eg. concerning the installation of the optic fibre connection in your flat), then decide.

MattGV, Jul 13, 2017 @ 09:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Thanks for your feedback MattGV. I'm thinking of staying with Swisscom and they said they will instal Fiber Optic for free :-)  

Thanks for your feedback MattGV. I'm thinking of staying with Swisscom and they said they will instal Fiber Optic for free :-)  

Marsa T, Jul 13, 2017 @ 14:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 818 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form