Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Iyengar yoga, capoeira, hula hoops, lindy hop!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Iyengar yoga, capoeira, hula hoops, lindy hop!

Hi there,

I've recently moved to Geneva and would love to find groups who do the following (in English for now...);

- Iyengar yoga - I see adverts for yoga everywhere but I don't seem to see Iyengar... can someone please help me? It's my favourite style and does me the world of good!

- Capoeira- I would love to start doing this but can't yet see any classes in English... I have emailed a guy from some website but heard nothing... help appreciated!

- Hula Hooping - is a great way to keep fit / tone core muscles / dance / have fun! Anyone interested?

- Lindy Hop - I can see that there is a group at the uni but it seems one needs a partner and women are highly over subscribed.. are there any others? If not, would anyone fancy starting one somewhere, if we managed to get a teacher. I'm interested in a group where you don't need a fixed partner and there is some social element to it... Lindy is so much fun!

Advice on any of the above is appreciated. Also, if anyone is interesting in trying to get some alternative Lindy night going or starting a hula get together, let me know.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

C

The text you are quoting:

Hi there,

I've recently moved to Geneva and would love to find groups who do the following (in English for now...);

- Iyengar yoga - I see adverts for yoga everywhere but I don't seem to see Iyengar... can someone please help me? It's my favourite style and does me the world of good!

- Capoeira- I would love to start doing this but can't yet see any classes in English... I have emailed a guy from some website but heard nothing... help appreciated!

- Hula Hooping - is a great way to keep fit / tone core muscles / dance / have fun! Anyone interested?

- Lindy Hop - I can see that there is a group at the uni but it seems one needs a partner and women are highly over subscribed.. are there any others? If not, would anyone fancy starting one somewhere, if we managed to get a teacher. I'm interested in a group where you don't need a fixed partner and there is some social element to it... Lindy is so much fun!

Advice on any of the above is appreciated. Also, if anyone is interesting in trying to get some alternative Lindy night going or starting a hula get together, let me know.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

C

claire_rodge RSep 30, 2013 @ 21:32
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

16 Replies | 2256 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Iyengar yoga, capoeira, hula hoops, lindy hop!
Post 1

Hi Claire,

Welcome to Geneva. Try these links for yoga:

http://www.yogalac.ch/

Www.iyengaryogageneva.ch

The Iyengar training structure is very systematic. So if you go to their main site there are usually listings of all their qualified teachers.

Might be up for a hula party, sounds funny! Let me know..

Amy

Hi Claire,

Welcome to Geneva. Try these links for yoga:

http://www.yogalac.ch/

Www.iyengaryogageneva.ch

The Iyengar training structure is very systematic. So if you go to their main site there are usually listings of all their qualified teachers.

Might be up for a hula party, sounds funny! Let me know..

Amy

Amy Soska, Oct 1, 2013 @ 08:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I could be up for hola hooping too :) I had a hoop myself but left it in Finland when I moved.

Lindy hop looks like fun but very difficult!

I could be up for hola hooping too :) I had a hoop myself but left it in Finland when I moved.

Lindy hop looks like fun but very difficult!

Marianne O, Oct 1, 2013 @ 10:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

You could go and try capoeira classes at Senzala Group with Contra Mestre Timbalada, I think he speaks a bit English too, and if not he has friendly students who will help you. Smile Other teachers to try, if their style/timetables/location suits you better: Monitor Malhado (Ginga Mundo), Mestre Braga capoeira angola.

You could go and try capoeira classes at Senzala Group with Contra Mestre Timbalada, I think he speaks a bit English too, and if not he has friendly students who will help you. Smile Other teachers to try, if their style/timetables/location suits you better: Monitor Malhado (Ginga Mundo), Mestre Braga capoeira angola.

Heidi H, Oct 5, 2013 @ 12:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi,

Thanks for all of your helpful responses. I'm sure I'll get there in the end with yoga and capoeria!

Marianne - my hoop is also not with me but thinking of buying a new one. Would you fancy hooping sometime if so?

Amy, hooping is indeed fun! It's a shame the weather is getting cooler but on dry days, it cn be a way of keeping heat in! Have you got a hoop?

Cheers,

Claire

Hi,

Thanks for all of your helpful responses. I'm sure I'll get there in the end with yoga and capoeria!

Marianne - my hoop is also not with me but thinking of buying a new one. Would you fancy hooping sometime if so?

Amy, hooping is indeed fun! It's a shame the weather is getting cooler but on dry days, it cn be a way of keeping heat in! Have you got a hoop?

Cheers,

Claire

claire_rodge R, Oct 13, 2013 @ 18:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

If others have more to contribute to this thread, please do also!

If others have more to contribute to this thread, please do also!

claire_rodge R, Oct 13, 2013 @ 18:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

There is a Geneva swing group:-

https://www.facebook.com/groups/GenevaSwing/?hc_location=stream

They have regular meetings and it's fair to that the Lindy Hop is the most popular dance. I am keen to learn but have not yet plucked up the courage to go and make a fool of myself!

Have fun!

There is a Geneva swing group:-

https://www.facebook.com/groups/GenevaSwing/?hc_location=stream

They have regular meetings and it's fair to that the Lindy Hop is the most popular dance. I am keen to learn but have not yet plucked up the courage to go and make a fool of myself!

Have fun!

David Lloyd, Oct 14, 2013 @ 09:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Claire: why not if the weather still permits!

Claire: why not if the weather still permits!

Marianne O, Oct 14, 2013 @ 19:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hi Claire, 

I was just looking for some hooping activities in Geneva and came across your thread! I make my own hoops and would love to get together to practice (I've only just recently started!) I suppose the weather isn't the greatest now but I live in a loft so maybe we could still practice during winter :) 

Cheers, M 

Hi Claire, 

I was just looking for some hooping activities in Geneva and came across your thread! I make my own hoops and would love to get together to practice (I've only just recently started!) I suppose the weather isn't the greatest now but I live in a loft so maybe we could still practice during winter :) 

Cheers, M 

mia r, Nov 29, 2013 @ 16:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Hi,

Sounds good! I'll send you a private message,

Claire

Hi,

Sounds good! I'll send you a private message,

Claire

claire_rodge R, Dec 1, 2013 @ 09:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Hi girls,

I just started to look for a hula hoop class in Geneva and I find your conversation... If you start a little group, I would love to join in from January. Please let me know. Im clompletly a beginner, but have a hoop. ;-)

Happy holidays!

Szilvia

Hi girls,

I just started to look for a hula hoop class in Geneva and I find your conversation... If you start a little group, I would love to join in from January. Please let me know. Im clompletly a beginner, but have a hoop. ;-)

Happy holidays!

Szilvia

Szilvia D, Dec 18, 2013 @ 12:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Hey girls,

I was also trying to find a Hula hoop class in Geneva when I come across your discussion. I have a hoop and I'm just begining. I would love to meet to hoop with you. Don't hesitate to contact me.

Happy spring,

Jenn

Hey girls,

I was also trying to find a Hula hoop class in Geneva when I come across your discussion. I have a hoop and I'm just begining. I would love to meet to hoop with you. Don't hesitate to contact me.

Happy spring,

Jenn

Jennifer G, May 2, 2015 @ 19:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Dear Jenn,

How are you? I am surprised to read your msg about hooping, but also happy, as I completely forget that I posted on glocals. Embarassed I am a begginner too, but love to hoop. I also purchased a learning DVD, and watched it only two times...I am so bad!!!

I would be happy to meet somewhere, when the weather will be finally good and hoop, laugh, talk. I live in a studio apartment so its too small for two (or more) hoops... I live in Champel.

My email is: [email protected]

Have a good evening!

Dear Jenn,

How are you? I am surprised to read your msg about hooping, but also happy, as I completely forget that I posted on glocals. Embarassed I am a begginner too, but love to hoop. I also purchased a learning DVD, and watched it only two times...I am so bad!!!

I would be happy to meet somewhere, when the weather will be finally good and hoop, laugh, talk. I live in a studio apartment so its too small for two (or more) hoops... I live in Champel.

My email is: [email protected]

Have a good evening!

Szilvia D, May 5, 2015 @ 20:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

If you ladies are willing to accept kids too, i know my boy would love to hulahoop!

If you ladies are willing to accept kids too, i know my boy would love to hulahoop!

Nir Ofek, May 5, 2015 @ 23:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Hi Nir,

I was thinking that we could meet up at Parc Alfred Bertrand next weekend if the weather is good. I will be away for this long weekend.

How old is your son? The more we are, hooping is more fun.

Have a good week.

Hi Nir,

I was thinking that we could meet up at Parc Alfred Bertrand next weekend if the weather is good. I will be away for this long weekend.

How old is your son? The more we are, hooping is more fun.

Have a good week.

Szilvia D, May 11, 2015 @ 16:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

Sounds good! My kid is 7

Sounds good! My kid is 7

Nir Ofek, May 11, 2015 @ 16:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

Dear Nil,

we are planning to meet at the parc next Monday (25th). Would that be ok for you?

could you send me your mobile number to my email, please.

thank you

Dear Nil,

we are planning to meet at the parc next Monday (25th). Would that be ok for you?

could you send me your mobile number to my email, please.

thank you

Szilvia D, May 21, 2015 @ 18:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
16 Replies | 2256 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form