Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Jura and Saleve by cable car

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Jura and Saleve by cable car

Hi Glocals I think I have been here long enough to feel ashamed of not being on top of the Jura or the Saleve! I understand there are cable cars for both. While on google the Saleve is pretty easy to reach (basically bus 8) I was a bit lost with the Jura. I would appreciate if someone can explain the easiest way for both by public transportation from Geneva (yes not hiking). Also confirm if they operate on Sunday's. Furthermore which one would you recommend? Thank you.Smile

The text you are quoting:

Hi Glocals I think I have been here long enough to feel ashamed of not being on top of the Jura or the Saleve! I understand there are cable cars for both. While on google the Saleve is pretty easy to reach (basically bus 8) I was a bit lost with the Jura. I would appreciate if someone can explain the easiest way for both by public transportation from Geneva (yes not hiking). Also confirm if they operate on Sunday's. Furthermore which one would you recommend? Thank you.Smile

Nahed ZMar 27, 2017 @ 21:00
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 1308 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Jura and Saleve by cable car
Post 1

You're right about the Salève. End of bus line 8, make sure you take the one to Veyrier-Douane, the other 8 takes you only to the vollage.

I don't thnk there are any easy ways of getting on the French Jura with public transport.

You can try looking at http://www.monts-jura.com/en/practical-info-summer/transports.html

However, I think you need to hitch a ride with someone who has a car. (Who could perhaps pick you up at the end of the F or the 18 lines.) I could perhaps take you once, from Gex.

However, you can easily get to the Swiss Jura, by taking the train from Nyon to St Cerque or la Givrine.  E.g. for a nice hike up to the Dole, very nice hike.

There might also be public transport to lac de Joux or col de Marchairuz, but I haven't checked them out.

Finally, you can check out the hiking clubs, e.g the International Ski Club,, or glocals, or internations.

You're right about the Salève. End of bus line 8, make sure you take the one to Veyrier-Douane, the other 8 takes you only to the vollage.

I don't thnk there are any easy ways of getting on the French Jura with public transport.

You can try looking at http://www.monts-jura.com/en/practical-info-summer/transports.html

However, I think you need to hitch a ride with someone who has a car. (Who could perhaps pick you up at the end of the F or the 18 lines.) I could perhaps take you once, from Gex.

However, you can easily get to the Swiss Jura, by taking the train from Nyon to St Cerque or la Givrine.  E.g. for a nice hike up to the Dole, very nice hike.

There might also be public transport to lac de Joux or col de Marchairuz, but I haven't checked them out.

Finally, you can check out the hiking clubs, e.g the International Ski Club,, or glocals, or internations.

tawb, Mar 29, 2017 @ 00:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Jura and Saleve by cable car
Post 2

Thanks Tawab for the useful information. I will try the Saleve first as it is closer. I enjoy the walks and simple hikes with Bert and the glocals group. However I was not successful with real hikes, need more exercise

Thanks Tawab for the useful information. I will try the Saleve first as it is closer. I enjoy the walks and simple hikes with Bert and the glocals group. However I was not successful with real hikes, need more exercise
Nahed Z, Mar 30, 2017 @ 00:05

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 1308 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form