Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Language school for learning German - any recommendation?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Language school for learning German - any recommendation?

Dear all,

I would like to restart doing German classes after a long break and I was searching for a language school.

The best offers I found for B1 classes were at école Migros and Ifage. 

Have anyone tried any of these two (or other school) and could tell me how was the experience? Was it good to learn? How many people in the class?

Thank you very much.

The text you are quoting:

Dear all,

I would like to restart doing German classes after a long break and I was searching for a language school.

The best offers I found for B1 classes were at école Migros and Ifage. 

Have anyone tried any of these two (or other school) and could tell me how was the experience? Was it good to learn? How many people in the class?

Thank you very much.

Rosana DJun 2, 2017 @ 11:02
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 380 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Language school for learning German - any recommendation?
Post 1

I did my French classes at Ifage and I loved it.

I did my French classes at Ifage and I loved it.

Marcy S, Jun 2, 2017 @ 15:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi ROmana, I have the same question as you have..What did you choose finally? Ifage or Migros? I also hesitate...Thanks

Hi ROmana, I have the same question as you have..What did you choose finally? Ifage or Migros? I also hesitate...Thanks

bdevimal, Sep 22, 2017 @ 09:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hello,

I took www.easy-languages.com, it is a personal teaching via skype and I was very satisfied about it.

The prices are correct and it was very flexible to schedule the courses.

Arnaud

Hello,

I took www.easy-languages.com, it is a personal teaching via skype and I was very satisfied about it.

The prices are correct and it was very flexible to schedule the courses.

Arnaud

Arnaud S, Sep 22, 2017 @ 10:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi. Ifage seemed better, but unfortunately they didn't open evening classes for my level. For Migros, I found a lot of bad reviews (not exactly for German, but for the school itself) and I was not so sure.

After seeing the post of Arnaud (thank you), I started considering the option of having a private teacher via skype.

Hi. Ifage seemed better, but unfortunately they didn't open evening classes for my level. For Migros, I found a lot of bad reviews (not exactly for German, but for the school itself) and I was not so sure.

After seeing the post of Arnaud (thank you), I started considering the option of having a private teacher via skype.

Rosana D, Sep 25, 2017 @ 13:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi, I took german classes at IFAGE, Migros, the Ecole Varadi and with private teachers as well as in a school in Germany.

I benefitted from all of them. Migros might sound unglamorous but I thought they offered good quality teaching. Ifage seems to efficiently train a great number of people, taking them to the varying certification levels.

You can be lucky or unlucky with the teacher of course. As to the number of people in a class, it would depend but there should be some classes advertised as given in small groups.

The Varadi school offers tailored teaching and is naturally more expensive, as are private teachers.

My former german and swiss german teacher who was very good  has opened an online school. http://www.ivalingua.ch/myway/en_about_us.php.There are surely others just as good out there.

Hi, I took german classes at IFAGE, Migros, the Ecole Varadi and with private teachers as well as in a school in Germany.

I benefitted from all of them. Migros might sound unglamorous but I thought they offered good quality teaching. Ifage seems to efficiently train a great number of people, taking them to the varying certification levels.

You can be lucky or unlucky with the teacher of course. As to the number of people in a class, it would depend but there should be some classes advertised as given in small groups.

The Varadi school offers tailored teaching and is naturally more expensive, as are private teachers.

My former german and swiss german teacher who was very good  has opened an online school. http://www.ivalingua.ch/myway/en_about_us.php.There are surely others just as good out there.

Anne P, Sep 25, 2017 @ 15:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

I did my French lesson in Ifage and I loved it! I had a few different courses there (oral, writing, exam preparation) with different teachers, it was fantastic! The teachers are very professional and friendly, the price is reasonable. I highly recommend it.

All the best.

I did my French lesson in Ifage and I loved it! I had a few different courses there (oral, writing, exam preparation) with different teachers, it was fantastic! The teachers are very professional and friendly, the price is reasonable. I highly recommend it.

All the best.

Jessica G, Oct 11, 2017 @ 21:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 380 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form