Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Laptop with US keyboard

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Laptop with US keyboard

Hello all,

I'm in desparate need to get a new laptop with US keyboard (QWERTY).

Do you know if there is a place I can get it or order it around Geneva?

Thanks!

The text you are quoting:

Hello all,

I'm in desparate need to get a new laptop with US keyboard (QWERTY).

Do you know if there is a place I can get it or order it around Geneva?

Thanks!

Naama LJan 21, 2016 @ 16:45
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 3158 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Laptop with US keyboard
Post 1

Its really *really* difficult to find a laptop here with a qwerty keyboard... as Yan said anything apple you can select the qwerty keyboard so thats really easy.  Just have a look on apple's swiss website and when you come to order you can pick your keyboard.  But if you dont want apple its an uphill struggle, even trying to find it online... For any other manufacturer probably your best bet will be just to order it on amazon and have it shipped here.  Amazon.co.uk is normally pretty good because (when you can find one they are happy to ship to Switzerland) they will remove the 20% of UK Vat so even paying a high shipping price leaves you saving money.  They even sort out the customs duty in advance so you dont get a nasty customs shock. 

Its really *really* difficult to find a laptop here with a qwerty keyboard... as Yan said anything apple you can select the qwerty keyboard so thats really easy.  Just have a look on apple's swiss website and when you come to order you can pick your keyboard.  But if you dont want apple its an uphill struggle, even trying to find it online... For any other manufacturer probably your best bet will be just to order it on amazon and have it shipped here.  Amazon.co.uk is normally pretty good because (when you can find one they are happy to ship to Switzerland) they will remove the 20% of UK Vat so even paying a high shipping price leaves you saving money.  They even sort out the customs duty in advance so you dont get a nasty customs shock. 

hucklewoo, Jan 21, 2016 @ 18:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

You can buy stickers e.g.

You can buy stickers e.g.

Kris R, Jan 21, 2016 @ 19:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Oh the other one I know of where you can find laptops with qwerty keyboards is dell.ch...

Oh the other one I know of where you can find laptops with qwerty keyboards is dell.ch...

hucklewoo, Jan 21, 2016 @ 19:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Thank you all for your recommendations. I prefer a regular laptopo and not a mac at this point. i will check out amazon and dell and see what they've got.

Thank you all for your recommendations. I prefer a regular laptopo and not a mac at this point. i will check out amazon and dell and see what they've got.

Naama L, Jan 21, 2016 @ 19:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

personally, I find the swiss layout to be not to different to the us.   For writing text in french and english I prefere the swiss as only the y and z are transposed.  However, for programming, the us (or uk which has better european keys) is essential.  My laptops have swiss keyboards and I have a US keyboard that I use for programming work.

There are also companies like aramex that will accept delivey from US mail order houses and ship them to switzerland.  At times, this can be cost effective and you can get any us computer you want.

Good Luck

personally, I find the swiss layout to be not to different to the us.   For writing text in french and english I prefere the swiss as only the y and z are transposed.  However, for programming, the us (or uk which has better european keys) is essential.  My laptops have swiss keyboards and I have a US keyboard that I use for programming work.

There are also companies like aramex that will accept delivey from US mail order houses and ship them to switzerland.  At times, this can be cost effective and you can get any us computer you want.

Good Luck

m petersen, Jan 21, 2016 @ 21:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

There's one at Cash Converters, rue de Carouge. I just sold one there Saturday. It's an HP running Windows 10. 

But, if you can touch type, you can also just switch any keyboard to a QWERTY, as long as you know where the keys are. 

There's one at Cash Converters, rue de Carouge. I just sold one there Saturday. It's an HP running Windows 10. 

But, if you can touch type, you can also just switch any keyboard to a QWERTY, as long as you know where the keys are. 

misskate, Jan 22, 2016 @ 20:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Try prodimex.ch. they are the best computer shop in geneva since ages.

Try prodimex.ch. they are the best computer shop in geneva since ages.

Kirill_GE, Jan 28, 2016 @ 12:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 3158 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form