Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Lawyer for legal advice - Car problem

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Lawyer for legal advice - Car problem

Hello, everyone

Can anybody recommend a good lawer in France (preferably someone who speaks English)around Geneva border area? I have a car with a low mileage which has a recurring problem. 

Within 6 months, it brokedown 3 times for the same problem. Everytime I brought a car to xxx dealer, a mechanic refuses to cover repairs under 1 year warrenty insisting a cause is different from the previous time therefore can't be covered under the warrenty plus presents replacement of an expensive part as a right course of action to solve the problem.

I also have a proof that this mechanic did damage my car during last repairs. 

I would like to avoid a legal action as much as possible but it is getting rather critical.

Thank you very much for your advice.

The text you are quoting:

Hello, everyone

Can anybody recommend a good lawer in France (preferably someone who speaks English)around Geneva border area? I have a car with a low mileage which has a recurring problem. 

Within 6 months, it brokedown 3 times for the same problem. Everytime I brought a car to xxx dealer, a mechanic refuses to cover repairs under 1 year warrenty insisting a cause is different from the previous time therefore can't be covered under the warrenty plus presents replacement of an expensive part as a right course of action to solve the problem.

I also have a proof that this mechanic did damage my car during last repairs. 

I would like to avoid a legal action as much as possible but it is getting rather critical.

Thank you very much for your advice.

sarasaApr 14, 2014 @ 14:49
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 1079 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Lawyer for legal advice - Car problem
Post 1

Would you mind telling more on your car make - model - year of manufacture, when was it purchased, new or used, if used/2nd hand did you receive full copy of report highlighting defects on the car and separate document describing the warranty details?

Expecting advice from other glocalers may only be obtained thanks to your input and details. Otherwise one cannot do much.

Would you mind telling more on your car make - model - year of manufacture, when was it purchased, new or used, if used/2nd hand did you receive full copy of report highlighting defects on the car and separate document describing the warranty details?

Expecting advice from other glocalers may only be obtained thanks to your input and details. Otherwise one cannot do much.

Milord, Apr 14, 2014 @ 18:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Try Nicolas Mossaz ([email protected]) who runs legalexpatgeneva.com.

Nicolas law firm focus on expat related matters and car issues probably don't fall under that, but he could probably give you the right advice on this as well or point you to the right person.

Nir

Try Nicolas Mossaz ([email protected]) who runs legalexpatgeneva.com.

Nicolas law firm focus on expat related matters and car issues probably don't fall under that, but he could probably give you the right advice on this as well or point you to the right person.

Nir

Nir Ofek, Apr 14, 2014 @ 18:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hello 

Thank you very much for your info. I refrain from writing too much details here but it was purchased as brand new from a xxx dealership in Switzerland a couple years ago. Low miles on the clock. It is annually checked.

Since I live on the French side of boader just outside of Geneva my car is currently registered in France. The garage who carried out repairs is also based in France.

I suppose I need a French lawer.

Hello 

Thank you very much for your info. I refrain from writing too much details here but it was purchased as brand new from a xxx dealership in Switzerland a couple years ago. Low miles on the clock. It is annually checked.

Since I live on the French side of boader just outside of Geneva my car is currently registered in France. The garage who carried out repairs is also based in France.

I suppose I need a French lawer.

sarasa, Apr 14, 2014 @ 19:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

it depends who you want to go against. If you want to go against the Swiss dealership, your case will be heard in a Swiss court.

it depends who you want to go against. If you want to go against the Swiss dealership, your case will be heard in a Swiss court.

Nir Ofek, Apr 14, 2014 @ 20:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 1079 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form