Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Legal Advice/Pro bono Lawyer or Legal Assistance Agency?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Legal Advice/Pro bono Lawyer or Legal Assistance Agency?

Hi all,

I have a couple of issues with my work permit - it's a very long story, and I could definitely share it for those interested to know/willing to give advice, but for now I would like to ask the following:

Has anyone attempted switching their permits from L to B before? Could a renewal of L permit automatically result in a B permit if a CDI contract is provided?

Does anyone know of any pro-bono lawyers or legal assistance agencies that provide consultations to foreign (particularly non-EU) employees regarding permit issues?

Any advice is much appreciated! Thank you :)
The text you are quoting:

Hi all,

I have a couple of issues with my work permit - it's a very long story, and I could definitely share it for those interested to know/willing to give advice, but for now I would like to ask the following:

Has anyone attempted switching their permits from L to B before? Could a renewal of L permit automatically result in a B permit if a CDI contract is provided?

Does anyone know of any pro-bono lawyers or legal assistance agencies that provide consultations to foreign (particularly non-EU) employees regarding permit issues?

Any advice is much appreciated! Thank you :)

Sarah BMay 23, 2016 @ 18:23
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 969 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Legal Advice/Pro bono Lawyer or Legal Assistance Agency?
Post 1

Hello Sarah,

No, a L permit for so-called third-country citizens (non-EU/EFTA) will not be converted into a B permit after 12 months. Simple reason: extending the L permit to reach the maximum 24 months doesn't require a new work permit quota, the conversion to a B permit does.

I hope this helps.

Hello Sarah,

No, a L permit for so-called third-country citizens (non-EU/EFTA) will not be converted into a B permit after 12 months. Simple reason: extending the L permit to reach the maximum 24 months doesn't require a new work permit quota, the conversion to a B permit does.

I hope this helps.

Stephanie D, May 23, 2016 @ 23:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Legal Advice/Pro bono Lawyer or Legal Assistance Agency?
Post 2

Good afternoon Miss Stephanie. I and my family live in France and we are Americans. Do you know of anyone that can help me with my naturalization process for France. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cordialement

RR

Good afternoon Miss Stephanie. I and my family live in France and we are Americans. Do you know of anyone that can help me with my naturalization process for France. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cordialement

RR

Roberto R, May 24, 2016 @ 13:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 969 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form