Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Living in Geneva, but frequent travel to Lausanne train passes

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Living in Geneva, but frequent travel to Lausanne train passes

Hello all,

Just a quick question, a recent promotion at work requires that I travel to Lausanne about 7-8 times a month. My main office is in Geneva, so I don't want to move to Lausanne.

Normally I just walk from my apartment to the office, and never bothered with the train.

Can somebody advise me on what I need to know regarding getting a train pass? or card? I know the demi-tariff thing cuts my costs in half. But is there an option to get a monthly pass where I can get a subscription?

It might be the English half of me, but I hate bothering the people at Gare Cornavin, I feel like I'm holding up the line for everybody else. So I was hoping if I knew exactly what I needed before I got there, that I would be okay.

Thanks all!

-Harry

The text you are quoting:

Hello all,

Just a quick question, a recent promotion at work requires that I travel to Lausanne about 7-8 times a month. My main office is in Geneva, so I don't want to move to Lausanne.

Normally I just walk from my apartment to the office, and never bothered with the train.

Can somebody advise me on what I need to know regarding getting a train pass? or card? I know the demi-tariff thing cuts my costs in half. But is there an option to get a monthly pass where I can get a subscription?

It might be the English half of me, but I hate bothering the people at Gare Cornavin, I feel like I'm holding up the line for everybody else. So I was hoping if I knew exactly what I needed before I got there, that I would be okay.

Thanks all!

-Harry

Harry SJul 19, 2016 @ 21:53
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 925 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Living in Geneva, but frequent travel to Lausanne train passes
Post 1

Sorry that I can’t help on season and similar ticket prices, but thought you might like to know that you don’t have to go to Cornavin for information and purchases.

There is a CFF outlet at the CGN Mont-Blanc ticket kiosk on quai du Mont-Blanc.  The window is to the right of the GCN counter and I’ve always found the staff very helpful.  I don’t think it’s open on Saturday afternoons and Sundays though.

There’s also a CFF outlet at Balexert, which is open all day on Saturdays plus the counter at the airport but that can get very busy.

Alternatively, you could make your inquiries in Lausanne where it  might also be less crowded than Cornavin.

Best of British …

R.

Sorry that I can’t help on season and similar ticket prices, but thought you might like to know that you don’t have to go to Cornavin for information and purchases.

There is a CFF outlet at the CGN Mont-Blanc ticket kiosk on quai du Mont-Blanc.  The window is to the right of the GCN counter and I’ve always found the staff very helpful.  I don’t think it’s open on Saturday afternoons and Sundays though.

There’s also a CFF outlet at Balexert, which is open all day on Saturdays plus the counter at the airport but that can get very busy.

Alternatively, you could make your inquiries in Lausanne where it  might also be less crowded than Cornavin.

Best of British …

R.

Ritchie, Jul 20, 2016 @ 00:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

If your contract says your place of work is in Geneve, and you have to occassionally travel to visit other offices belonging to your employer, the cost of the business trip including the train ticket should be covered by the company in general.

I think it might be good to check it out before start buying your own tickets.

If your contract says your place of work is in Geneve, and you have to occassionally travel to visit other offices belonging to your employer, the cost of the business trip including the train ticket should be covered by the company in general.

I think it might be good to check it out before start buying your own tickets.

Reka Y, Jul 20, 2016 @ 06:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Genève - Lausanne, 2nd class - CHF 290.-/month

cff

1. Season Tickets Switzerland (...)

2. Point-to-point season tickets