Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Living in Paquis?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Living in Paquis?

hi guys!

im reaching out to you wiser members to get some honest inside info about Paquis. I'm moving to GVA with my boyfriend who's currently working there and we are on the hunt for an apartment of our own. I have heard plenty on different reviews from people recommending to live there to other warning about stepping foot in Paquis. Now Ive experience GVAs real estate market first hand, and as we all know, it's a pain in the butt. So when we FINALLY found a big and beautiful apartment for a good price, we couldn't believe our luck. Mind you, we've seen similar apartments rent for the same amount in town but they tend to be tiny studios, and I'm not a huge fan as I will be working from home and thus spending 80% of my time in our future apartment.

So, really nice apartment, BUT (you know that was coming) it is located smack in the middle of the red light district. Next to big ol' hooker avenue, and I was just wondering how bad this could possibly be. Im currently living in Helsinki Finland in a similar type of area, bars all around, sex shops etc. so it's not really that unfamiliar (although we don't have an actual red light district). Apart from being a bit noicy, is the red light district really as "scetchy" as people make it out to be? Or should we stear clear of this particular area when looking for a home?

all and any answers will be much appreciated!

kind regards

The text you are quoting:

hi guys!

im reaching out to you wiser members to get some honest inside info about Paquis. I'm moving to GVA with my boyfriend who's currently working there and we are on the hunt for an apartment of our own. I have heard plenty on different reviews from people recommending to live there to other warning about stepping foot in Paquis. Now Ive experience GVAs real estate market first hand, and as we all know, it's a pain in the butt. So when we FINALLY found a big and beautiful apartment for a good price, we couldn't believe our luck. Mind you, we've seen similar apartments rent for the same amount in town but they tend to be tiny studios, and I'm not a huge fan as I will be working from home and thus spending 80% of my time in our future apartment.

So, really nice apartment, BUT (you know that was coming) it is located smack in the middle of the red light district. Next to big ol' hooker avenue, and I was just wondering how bad this could possibly be. Im currently living in Helsinki Finland in a similar type of area, bars all around, sex shops etc. so it's not really that unfamiliar (although we don't have an actual red light district). Apart from being a bit noicy, is the red light district really as "scetchy" as people make it out to be? Or should we stear clear of this particular area when looking for a home?

all and any answers will be much appreciated!

kind regards

Jes NFeb 23, 2015 @ 09:11
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 2213 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Living in Paquis?
Post 1

Without really knowing much, by reputation it's pretty much as safe as Kallio. There might be a few more whistles and a lot less vomit.

mvh

Without really knowing much, by reputation it's pretty much as safe as Kallio. There might be a few more whistles and a lot less vomit.

mvh

Neil D, Feb 23, 2015 @ 16:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Haha Neil! I can tell you've visited my stomping grounds

Haha Neil! I can tell you've visited my stomping grounds
Jes N, Feb 23, 2015 @ 19:38

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Jess, ive been living in Paquis for 6 years and i can tell you: it all depends on where in Paquis...

if you give me the address ( you can email it privately if you want ) ill give you my honest opinion!

Hi Jess, ive been living in Paquis for 6 years and i can tell you: it all depends on where in Paquis...

if you give me the address ( you can email it privately if you want ) ill give you my honest opinion!

MaryK, Feb 23, 2015 @ 22:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Yep, kaksi vuotta Suomessa. Welcome Helvettiiin :)

Yep, kaksi vuotta Suomessa. Welcome Helvettiiin :)

Neil D, Feb 24, 2015 @ 09:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi Jess, 

I am mostl ikely moving to Paquis in a few months, and found this thread and was wondering if I could send you the address of the place I am considering for your opnion on the location! 

Hi Jess, 

I am mostl ikely moving to Paquis in a few months, and found this thread and was wondering if I could send you the address of the place I am considering for your opnion on the location! 

Kira M, May 15, 2017 @ 07:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

****I mean Mary haha sorry 

****I mean Mary haha sorry 

Kira M, May 15, 2017 @ 07:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

I think the only part of paquis that is really noisy is around the charles cusin/ rue richemont area. The rest are very pretty much ok.

I think the only part of paquis that is really noisy is around the charles cusin/ rue richemont area. The rest are very pretty much ok.

Marcy S, May 15, 2017 @ 09:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 2213 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form