Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Longboarding in Geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Longboarding in Geneva

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if there are any people on this site, who longboard.

This is my first full summer in Geneva and I've been longboarding around the lake and some smaller hills in town and am looking for people who would like to skate together and maybe bomb some hills or just cruise.

Would be great to get a group together, if there are any people interested, I've got a few spare boards, so even if you don't have one, but are still interested, send me a message.

Regards,

Mike.

The text you are quoting:

Hi Guys,

This is my first full summer in Geneva and I've been longboarding around the lake and some smaller hills in town and am looking for people who would like to skate together and maybe bomb some hills or just cruise.

Would be great to get a group together, if there are any people interested, I've got a few spare boards, so even if you don't have one, but are still interested, send me a message.

Regards,

Mike.

Michael PJun 7, 2010 @ 14:15
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

21 Replies | 4712 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Longboarding in Geneva
Post 1

Hello Mike,

I just get one longboard yesterday, but I feel that I need some practice. I'm interested to joint you.

Damien

Hello Mike,

I just get one longboard yesterday, but I feel that I need some practice. I'm interested to joint you.

Damien

Damien, Jun 8, 2010 @ 09:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

i am awful but would love to join sometime

i am awful but would love to join sometime

Molly B, Jun 9, 2010 @ 14:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

sweet. looks like we are getting a couple people together. and its not about how good you are, its about how much fun your having! if you are having the best time, then you are the best skater out there. Laughing

sweet. looks like we are getting a couple people together. and its not about how good you are, its about how much fun your having! if you are having the best time, then you are the best skater out there. Laughing

Michael P, Jun 12, 2010 @ 09:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Mike, I have a 15 year old son who's interested in longboarding. He used to longboard quite a bit in Bournemouth before we moved here, but the hills are a bit roughly surfaced where we live in Sergy (Pays de Gex area). He'd be up for joining you guys sometime. 

Hi Mike, I have a 15 year old son who's interested in longboarding. He used to longboard quite a bit in Bournemouth before we moved here, but the hills are a bit roughly surfaced where we live in Sergy (Pays de Gex area). He'd be up for joining you guys sometime. 

Stuart Wheeler, Oct 30, 2010 @ 18:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi, I dont know holw old this thread is but I just moved here and really enjoy longboarding. I wonder if you know of any people who ride and where to get a board in that case?

thanks!

Hi, I dont know holw old this thread is but I just moved here and really enjoy longboarding. I wonder if you know of any people who ride and where to get a board in that case?

thanks!

karin olofsson, Sep 24, 2012 @ 22:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

thanks!

Sep 24, 12 22:21

Hallo Karin

I took my longboard with me from Sweden so i don't know any shop near here. Just some online markets you can cheack out and I think the biggest range they have on Richardo, it's like Tradera.

http://www.ricardo.ch/search/search.asp?txtSearch=longboard&Catg=1&InTitleAndDesc=1&IsNavBarSearch=1

I'm a beginner and just been out in town lika 3 times but I think you can find som pretty nice roads. I'm going out today I think.

Hope this helps you a bit!

Hallo Karin

I took my longboard with me from Sweden so i don't know any shop near here. Just some online markets you can cheack out and I think the biggest range they have on Richardo, it's like Tradera.

http://www.ricardo.ch/search/search.asp?txtSearch=longboard&Catg=1&InTitleAndDesc=1&IsNavBarSearch=1

I'm a beginner and just been out in town lika 3 times but I think you can find som pretty nice roads. I'm going out today I think.

Hope this helps you a bit!

Joel B, Oct 6, 2012 @ 12:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hi mike 

my names tom I have skated since I was a teenager on and of and have just got a longboard recently. If I could ever join you guys for a ride that would be great I live just outside Geneva in divonne 

thanks tom 

Hi mike 

my names tom I have skated since I was a teenager on and of and have just got a longboard recently. If I could ever join you guys for a ride that would be great I live just outside Geneva in divonne 

thanks tom 

Tom Nuttall, Jan 7, 2013 @ 17:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

I have two longboards here in Geneva. I like going to Westcoast france in Biaritz, Lacannau, St. gironde Plage, etc.

Also there is a surfavle river in Bremgarten, long boards work well there, but alot of Kayakers there also.

also check out http://www.waveriding.ch/ for the Swiss Surfing Assocation that has some good events. Also there is a good Shaper in Zurich , Daniel Paez who is from Brazil and makes boards for the German, Italian, and Swiss teams. But expect the Swiss price. I had a 9'2'' with Carbon stringer at CHF 1400-

I have two longboards here in Geneva. I like going to Westcoast france in Biaritz, Lacannau, St. gironde Plage, etc.

Also there is a surfavle river in Bremgarten, long boards work well there, but alot of Kayakers there also.

also check out http://www.waveriding.ch/ for the Swiss Surfing Assocation that has some good events. Also there is a good Shaper in Zurich , Daniel Paez who is from Brazil and makes boards for the German, Italian, and Swiss teams. But expect the Swiss price. I had a 9'2'' with Carbon stringer at CHF 1400-

Dave G, Jan 7, 2013 @ 20:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Jan 7, 13 20:59

Not surfing longboards. This is the one's with wheels on them Smile

Not surfing longboards. This is the one's with wheels on them Smile

Joel B, Jan 8, 2013 @ 10:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

I just got a new longboard and I am looking for good places and partners who are looking for some good and fun sessions....if you are interested pls let me know!

I just got a new longboard and I am looking for good places and partners who are looking for some good and fun sessions....if you are interested pls let me know!

Fabiano M, Apr 7, 2013 @ 01:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Not sure if that can be of some help about longboard, but the pulp68 association (skateboard museum) has a list of spots in and around Geneva.

Of course, it's in French

http://www.pulp68.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&id=5&Itemid=18

Not sure if that can be of some help about longboard, but the pulp68 association (skateboard museum) has a list of spots in and around Geneva.

Of course, it's in French

http://www.pulp68.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&id=5&Itemid=18

bertrand hubert r, Apr 7, 2013 @ 07:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Hello Bertrand, many thanks for your tip...but actually I am looking for long runs... not very steep....for carving.

Cheers!

Fabiano.

Hello Bertrand, many thanks for your tip...but actually I am looking for long runs... not very steep....for carving.

Cheers!

Fabiano.

Fabiano M, Apr 8, 2013 @ 14:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Go to Lausanne for the day, some random vid but you get the idea:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ENq8I9XuHM

Go to Lausanne for the day, some random vid but you get the idea:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ENq8I9XuHM

big_o, Apr 9, 2013 @ 15:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Thx a million big_o! Looks like a dream for me!

Cheers

Thx a million big_o! Looks like a dream for me!

Cheers

Fabiano M, Apr 9, 2013 @ 15:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

The other skaters there are really friendly too, enjoy :)

The other skaters there are really friendly too, enjoy :)

big_o, Apr 9, 2013 @ 16:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

Dear Michael

I am new to Geneva and have never skateboarded or longboarded in my life.

However, I want to learn it. 

Also, I want to buy a decent long board. I tried ordering one online on amazon.de but unfortunately they do not deliver to the swiss address.

Can you please help ? 

Regards

Rahul

Dear Michael

I am new to Geneva and have never skateboarded or longboarded in my life.

However, I want to learn it. 

Also, I want to buy a decent long board. I tried ordering one online on amazon.de but unfortunately they do not deliver to the swiss address.

Can you please help ? 

Regards

Rahul

Rahul Jha, Apr 7, 2014 @ 01:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

Try some skateshops in town. You have Doha or what the name is and one near plainpalais, near the skatepark. Google it. 

Try some skateshops in town. You have Doha or what the name is and one near plainpalais, near the skatepark. Google it. 

Joel B, Apr 7, 2014 @ 01:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18

Hello...I know this thread is old..but wondering if anyone can kindly teach me how to dance on longboard? I have my loaded dervish for the past 2 years and only been using it to move around town..Looking fwd to hear from anyone! thnx

Hello...I know this thread is old..but wondering if anyone can kindly teach me how to dance on longboard? I have my loaded dervish for the past 2 years and only been using it to move around town..Looking fwd to hear from anyone! thnx

HippieGipsy, Apr 16, 2014 @ 10:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19

OK this is a really old post, but summer is already here and I just using my longboard for going up and down the lake....

So does anyone have any suggestions of other places in the city where it can be used?....

The only other good place I now (with some space to go downhill) is at the side of Avenue des Tilleuls.

thanks

OK this is a really old post, but summer is already here and I just using my longboard for going up and down the lake....

So does anyone have any suggestions of other places in the city where it can be used?....

The only other good place I now (with some space to go downhill) is at the side of Avenue des Tilleuls.

thanks

Gabriel B, May 31, 2015 @ 16:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20

Hi Guys,

Regards,

Mike.

Jun 7, 10 14:15

I recently ordered a new Mondo. I am looking for my next board and need recommendations. I don't really want to spend $1000 on a board just looking for something i could get for under $500 that will have some durability but will work with my boat for surfing. I am new or newer to surfing so i don't need a trick board yet, but something that is fast enough to match the wake this boat will put out.. I am 200lbs, 6' tall and can surf. But 360's etc.. are not something i care about yet. I can carve, switch sides etc... but at my age wakeboarding is getting more painful. recommend me a board that will work with this boat. Something that doesn't need a 6' tall wave to drop the rope. Because i am new to Moomba i am not sure what kind of wake the mondo can produce yet. My current board is a Inland surfer TAKO. Never really liked that boat as it will nose dive pretty easily.

I recently ordered a new Mondo. I am looking for my next board and need recommendations. I don't really want to spend $1000 on a board just looking for something i could get for under $500 that will have some durability but will work with my boat for surfing. I am new or newer to surfing so i don't need a trick board yet, but something that is fast enough to match the wake this boat will put out.. I am 200lbs, 6' tall and can surf. But 360's etc.. are not something i care about yet. I can carve, switch sides etc... but at my age wakeboarding is getting more painful. recommend me a board that will work with this boat. Something that doesn't need a 6' tall wave to drop the rope. Because i am new to Moomba i am not sure what kind of wake the mondo can produce yet. My current board is a Inland surfer TAKO. Never really liked that boat as it will nose dive pretty easily.

jack austin, Jul 14, 2023 @ 02:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 21

I recently ordered a new Mondo. I am looking for my next board and need recommendations. I don't really want to spend $1000 on a board just looking for something i could get for under $500 that will have some durability but will work with my boat for surfing.

I am new or newer to surfing so i don't need a trick board yet, but something that is fast enough to match the wake this boat will put out.. I am 200lbs, 6' tall and can surf. But 360's etc.. are not something i care about yet. I can carve, switch sides etc... but at my age wakeboarding is getting more painful.

recommend me a board that will work with this boat. Something that doesn't need a 6' tall wave to drop the rope. Because i am new to Moomba i am not sure what kind of wake the mondo can produce yet. My current board is a Inland surfer TAKO. Never really liked that boat as it will nose dive pretty easily.

I recently ordered a new Mondo. I am looking for my next board and need recommendations. I don't really want to spend $1000 on a board just looking for something i could get for under $500 that will have some durability but will work with my boat for surfing.

I am new or newer to surfing so i don't need a trick board yet, but something that is fast enough to match the wake this boat will put out.. I am 200lbs, 6' tall and can surf. But 360's etc.. are not something i care about yet. I can carve, switch sides etc... but at my age wakeboarding is getting more painful.

recommend me a board that will work with this boat. Something that doesn't need a 6' tall wave to drop the rope. Because i am new to Moomba i am not sure what kind of wake the mondo can produce yet. My current board is a Inland surfer TAKO. Never really liked that boat as it will nose dive pretty easily.

jack austin, Jul 14, 2023 @ 02:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
21 Replies | 4712 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form