Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Looking for Photography Courses in English

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Looking for Photography Courses in English
Hi - Does anyone know of any photography courses in Geneva (or surrounding areas)- in English?  I have tried searching Google to no avail.... 

Thanks!

:)

The text you are quoting:
Hi - Does anyone know of any photography courses in Geneva (or surrounding areas)- in English?  I have tried searching Google to no avail.... 

Thanks!

:)
majaMar 9, 2008 @ 23:43

Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

84 Replies | 4757 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Looking for Photography Courses in English
Post 1
Hi - I don't I'm afraid but I am also looking for one so if you have any luck could you let me know.

Many Thanks
Lucy

Hi - I don't I'm afraid but I am also looking for one so if you have any luck could you let me know.

Many Thanks
Lucy
Lucy_5679, Mar 10, 2008 @ 22:15

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
hey, i think ecole migros offers photography courses.. u can chek it out!!
hey, i think ecole migros offers photography courses.. u can chek it out!!
kimerton, Mar 11, 2008 @ 10:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Hi, I did a course with http://studio23.ch/ last year, all in English. Highly recommended.
Hi, I did a course with http://studio23.ch/ last year, all in English. Highly recommended.
Ja_ne, Mar 11, 2008 @ 11:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Kev - I am in exactly the same position.  I need to learn more about my camera and would love to have a class but can't find any.  The studio 23 classes are only in French for the remainder of the year... And Migro only has French classes as well.  I would love to join a group like this.  It would be great if there was a 'more experienced' photographer that could join the group as well, this way we could also get some technical feedback and maybe some photo shop help. 

Let's do it!  Do you want to set up the forum since it was your idea?

Kev - I am in exactly the same position.  I need to learn more about my camera and would love to have a class but can't find any.  The studio 23 classes are only in French for the remainder of the year... And Migro only has French classes as well.  I would love to join a group like this.  It would be great if there was a 'more experienced' photographer that could join the group as well, this way we could also get some technical feedback and maybe some photo shop help. 

Let's do it!  Do you want to set up the forum since it was your idea?
maja, Mar 12, 2008 @ 09:26

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
I seem to recall that there have been some activities for photography with a group of Glocalers, If you search through past activities you will see some listed , not sure who organises them as I can't open old events!

I've just bought a new D-SLR too and should really try to make the most of it and will try to attend any organised photo session.
I seem to recall that there have been some activities for photography with a group of Glocalers, If you search through past activities you will see some listed , not sure who organises them as I can't open old events!

I've just bought a new D-SLR too and should really try to make the most of it and will try to attend any organised photo session.
britabroad, Mar 12, 2008 @ 09:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
I am so glad to see this thread. I just called Studio23 yesterday to sign up for the next Introduction to Photography course in English and he said that he's had to cancel all his classes in English because he can't find enough people at once who want to take it. He needs minimum 4 people per session (5 weeks I think, once a week, 2 hours in the evening) but can only get 1 or 2 people to sign up for each session. Are there 3 other people out there who would be interested in doing this with me? I can contact him again and tell him we've got a 'full class' and maybe he'll offer another English session.
I am so glad to see this thread. I just called Studio23 yesterday to sign up for the next Introduction to Photography course in English and he said that he's had to cancel all his classes in English because he can't find enough people at once who want to take it. He needs minimum 4 people per session (5 weeks I think, once a week, 2 hours in the evening) but can only get 1 or 2 people to sign up for each session. Are there 3 other people out there who would be interested in doing this with me? I can contact him again and tell him we've got a 'full class' and maybe he'll offer another English session.
lil10, Mar 13, 2008 @ 16:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Yes, count me in!  I would def. like to sign up for that class.  Let me know what happens.....

Yes, count me in!  I would def. like to sign up for that class.  Let me know what happens.....
maja, Mar 13, 2008 @ 20:54

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8
That's great! It sounds like we are now 3. I talked to Studio 23 and he said that if we can find a 4th person, he will make it happen. We can do 5 weeks of lessons (1 x/week) sometime in the next few months. Do you know anyone else who is interested? Does anyone else in Glocal land want to join us?
That's great! It sounds like we are now 3. I talked to Studio 23 and he said that if we can find a 4th person, he will make it happen. We can do 5 weeks of lessons (1 x/week) sometime in the next few months. Do you know anyone else who is interested? Does anyone else in Glocal land want to join us?
lil10, Mar 25, 2008 @ 17:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Hi there-

Thanks for taking care of this with Studio 23.  Do you know what dates the photography classes would be held?  I can do the month of April or June but May is out for me as I am going on a safari for a couple of weeks.  :P

Please keep me updated!

Hi there-

Thanks for taking care of this with Studio 23.  Do you know what dates the photography classes would be held?  I can do the month of April or June but May is out for me as I am going on a safari for a couple of weeks.  :P

Please keep me updated!
maja, Mar 25, 2008 @ 17:20

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10
Hi there,

I really like the idea of a photo-group... so please count me in!!! Maybe we could set up a meeting for next weekend or so in order to discuss further details...

on the other hand, I would also join the class (but I still like the idea of a group more and I've got a lot of photo-books on pdf) but it depends on the pricing and so on...

cheers,

oli
Hi there,

I really like the idea of a photo-group... so please count me in!!! Maybe we could set up a meeting for next weekend or so in order to discuss further details...

on the other hand, I would also join the class (but I still like the idea of a group more and I've got a lot of photo-books on pdf) but it depends on the pricing and so on...

cheers,

oli

olipaba, Mar 25, 2008 @ 17:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11
Hi,

would also like to join the class and/or the group.

On Studio 23 - do you think we could arrange a bit later start?

cheers :)
Hi,

would also like to join the class and/or the group.

On Studio 23 - do you think we could arrange a bit later start?

cheers :)
Beatrez, Mar 25, 2008 @ 22:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12
i'll be interested if people have found a course ... i got a camera and would like to know whats what :)

please let me know...

[quote]Hi - Does anyone know of any photography courses in Geneva(or surrounding areas)- in English? I have triedsearchingGoogle to no avail....

Thanks!

:)[/quote]
i'll be interested if people have found a course ... i got a camera and would like to know whats what :)

please let me know...

[quote]Hi - Does anyone know of any photography courses in Geneva(or surrounding areas)- in English? I have triedsearchingGoogle to no avail....

Thanks!

:)[/quote]
zakzy, Mar 25, 2008 @ 22:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13
Please count me in as well. I'm flexible on timings as I don't move to Geneva until next week so this is my one and only social engagement!
Please count me in as well. I'm flexible on timings as I don't move to Geneva until next week so this is my one and only social engagement!
Lucy_5679, Mar 26, 2008 @ 01:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14
Turns out that for me the idea of a class is a little bit too expensive, so I want to reinforce the idea of the group/club...

I'm new here, so I lack the knowledge of places, but how about meeting this or next sunday afternoon somewhere to drink a coffee/tea and discuss further details and to get to know each other...?
Turns out that for me the idea of a class is a little bit too expensive, so I want to reinforce the idea of the group/club...

I'm new here, so I lack the knowledge of places, but how about meeting this or next sunday afternoon somewhere to drink a coffee/tea and discuss further details and to get to know each other...?
olipaba, Mar 26, 2008 @ 10:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15
HI all -

Sounds like we are def. in need of some sort of group (although I am still interested in the classes as well!).  Are any of you that are interested in a group available during the week days?  Weekends will not work for me.  We tend to travel during the weekend not to mention new snow has fallen and I plan to be skiing as much as possible before it all goes away.  ;)

HI all -

Sounds like we are def. in need of some sort of group (although I am still interested in the classes as well!).  Are any of you that are interested in a group available during the week days?  Weekends will not work for me.  We tend to travel during the weekend not to mention new snow has fallen and I plan to be skiing as much as possible before it all goes away.  ;)
maja, Mar 26, 2008 @ 13:39

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16
I am so glad I found this thread :D I have been trying to find a course for months and I love the idea of a group learning from each other. Please count me in on any plas for a group get together.
I am so glad I found this thread :D I have been trying to find a course for months and I love the idea of a group learning from each other. Please count me in on any plas for a group get together.
slimjim, Mar 27, 2008 @ 10:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17
Hi All,

Nice to see all enthusiastic ppl about photography. I would love to meet you all for drinks and share a bit knowledge I have about framing (video camera). As you know you learn from your experience about lighting.

Unfortunately I don't have time for taking a course. Hopefully see you all soon.
Hi All,

Nice to see all enthusiastic ppl about photography. I would love to meet you all for drinks and share a bit knowledge I have about framing (video camera). As you know you learn from your experience about lighting.

Unfortunately I don't have time for taking a course. Hopefully see you all soon.

frdousi, Mar 27, 2008 @ 15:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18
Hi everyone. I have just gotten an email back from Studio23. They can arrange an Introduction to Photography class in English from April 14 - May 12 every Monday

for five consecutive weeks. The fee is 400 CHF. I am definitely going to sign up, but we need 4 total people to make the class happen. If you still interested, please contact them directly to request the "inscription formula".

Studio23 - Ecole de Photographie - School of Photography

5, rue Gutenberg

CH -1201- Geneve

Suisse /Switzerland

Tel : +41 22 940 04 68 Fax : +41 22 940 04 69

www.studio23.ch
Hi everyone. I have just gotten an email back from Studio23. They can arrange an Introduction to Photography class in English from April 14 - May 12 every Monday

for five consecutive weeks. The fee is 400 CHF. I am definitely going to sign up, but we need 4 total people to make the class happen. If you still interested, please contact them directly to request the "inscription formula".

Studio23 - Ecole de Photographie - School of Photography

5, rue Gutenberg

CH -1201- Geneve

Suisse /Switzerland

Tel : +41 22 940 04 68 Fax : +41 22 940 04 69

www.studio23.ch

lil10, Mar 28, 2008 @ 08:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19
Typical, when you want a company to be unable to provide dates until the end of Arpil they can do it sooner. Sadly, I still need to learn french on a Monday but if we get a phot club/group together then perhaps we can share in your learning for the price of wine or beer :D
Typical, when you want a company to be unable to provide dates until the end of Arpil they can do it sooner. Sadly, I still need to learn french on a Monday but if we get a phot club/group together then perhaps we can share in your learning for the price of wine or beer :D
slimjim, Mar 28, 2008 @ 12:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20
so... what about if the ones willing to form a photo-group would meet (lets say next tuesday evening 7 pm)???

Please send any suggestions when and where we could meet (for me any weekday after 6:30 is fine) so we can work out further details...
so... what about if the ones willing to form a photo-group would meet (lets say next tuesday evening 7 pm)???

Please send any suggestions when and where we could meet (for me any weekday after 6:30 is fine) so we can work out further details...

olipaba, Apr 2, 2008 @ 14:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 21
I am sorry can't do it on Tuesday. I'm free during the week after 5pm except Tuesday. What about on Wednesday after 7-8pm ?
I am sorry can't do it on Tuesday. I'm free during the week after 5pm except Tuesday. What about on Wednesday after 7-8pm ?
frdousi, Apr 2, 2008 @ 17:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 22
hmmmmmmmm.........  i think that it will be challenging for everyone to agree on a time, etc.

Personally, my free time is on week day mornings/afternoons.  Is there anyone else out there that has their afternoons free that would like to get a group together?

hmmmmmmmm.........  i think that it will be challenging for everyone to agree on a time, etc.

Personally, my free time is on week day mornings/afternoons.  Is there anyone else out there that has their afternoons free that would like to get a group together?
maja, Apr 2, 2008 @ 17:19

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 23
for me wednesdays are ok too...

I know that it will be difficult to get a time and day together where everyone can attend... but at the moment I'm still pretty flexible (except during office hours... :( ) and I want to get this group started as soon as possible.

so, for the moment we've got a time and day... now we need a place... sorry I'm new in this city and short of ideas (at least in that specific topic)
for me wednesdays are ok too...

I know that it will be difficult to get a time and day together where everyone can attend... but at the moment I'm still pretty flexible (except during office hours... :( ) and I want to get this group started as soon as possible.

so, for the moment we've got a time and day... now we need a place... sorry I'm new in this city and short of ideas (at least in that specific topic)
olipaba, Apr 2, 2008 @ 17:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 24
Tuesday is no good for me for the next few weeks but after that it is free, at the moment :) I can do next wednesday or Thurdsay though.
Tuesday is no good for me for the next few weeks but after that it is free, at the moment :) I can do next wednesday or Thurdsay though.
slimjim, Apr 2, 2008 @ 17:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 25
I assume a bar works for people for the first get together, assuming we want to say hello and get to know each other and what we want from the club. Perhaps the Les Brasseurs which is close to the railway station and the town centre at 19:00 on Wednesday. It may off course be busy on a Wednesday night.

I assume a bar works for people for the first get together, assuming we want to say hello and get to know each other and what we want from the club. Perhaps the Les Brasseurs which is close to the railway station and the town centre at 19:00 on Wednesday. It may off course be busy on a Wednesday night.

slimjim, Apr 2, 2008 @ 19:38

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 26
This works for me as well.

See you next Wed.

This works for me as well.

See you next Wed.
Lucy_5679, Apr 2, 2008 @ 20:32

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 27
Going back to the class for a moment... I have heard from Studio23 that no one has signed up yet for the class starting April 14. A few of you have identified conflicts with the timing. The professor just sent me this email to try to accommodate schedules.:

[font=Times New Roman]The best day for me is Monday, then second best is Friday (and then Thursday). I can also do more then one day a week if the group prefers that. For example, we can do Mondays and Fridays. As this is a course that runs over 5 times, we could organize this over a two week period where we would meet twice a week in addition to a session out that we could organize in class. Let me know what suits you!

[/font]

Does this enable anyone who previously had a conflict? I can definitely attend and I think this timing works for Maja as well (correct me if I'm wrong:)). If we can find 2 more people, the class will be on.
Going back to the class for a moment... I have heard from Studio23 that no one has signed up yet for the class starting April 14. A few of you have identified conflicts with the timing. The professor just sent me this email to try to accommodate schedules.:

[font=Times New Roman]The best day for me is Monday, then second best is Friday (and then Thursday). I can also do more then one day a week if the group prefers that. For example, we can do Mondays and Fridays. As this is a course that runs over 5 times, we could organize this over a two week period where we would meet twice a week in addition to a session out that we could organize in class. Let me know what suits you!

[/font]

Does this enable anyone who previously had a conflict? I can definitely attend and I think this timing works for Maja as well (correct me if I'm wrong:)). If we can find 2 more people, the class will be on.
lil10, Apr 2, 2008 @ 23:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 28
great, so we meet next wendsday !!!! :D
great, so we meet next wendsday !!!! :D
olipaba, Apr 2, 2008 @ 23:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 29
I like "Les Brasseurs" because they serve very special beer. For new comer, you must try this beer. The same reason it's always packed by beer lover. It would be difficult for us to concentrate to each other.

I know another nice bar. It's also very close to train station but quiet and drinks price are relatively cheap. Just 5 min walk from train station or you can take tram, got off next stop Mole an then walk 1 min. . I am not dismissing Les Brasseurs, just another proposition.

Next Wednesday (9th of April), 19.00 that's perfect.

N.B. Shouldn't one of us post an activity on MC so, that others can join who is interested on photography and doesn't know about "Photography forum"? Not every body has time for surfing around.
I like "Les Brasseurs" because they serve very special beer. For new comer, you must try this beer. The same reason it's always packed by beer lover. It would be difficult for us to concentrate to each other.

I know another nice bar. It's also very close to train station but quiet and drinks price are relatively cheap. Just 5 min walk from train station or you can take tram, got off next stop Mole an then walk 1 min. . I am not dismissing Les Brasseurs, just another proposition.

Next Wednesday (9th of April), 19.00 that's perfect.

N.B. Shouldn't one of us post an activity on MC so, that others can join who is interested on photography and doesn't know about "Photography forum"? Not every body has time for surfing around.
frdousi, Apr 3, 2008 @ 00:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 30
Sorry, it's got deleted, although I wanted to bold it.

Anyway, here is the details; Soul Jazz Cafe, 59 rue de Lausanne, in between tram stops Mole or Butini.
Sorry, it's got deleted, although I wanted to bold it.

Anyway, here is the details; Soul Jazz Cafe, 59 rue de Lausanne, in between tram stops Mole or Butini.
frdousi, Apr 3, 2008 @ 01:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 31
Club
I am happy with a change in location if the Jaz bar is quieter, agreed that Les Brasseurs can get busy and noisy. As for posting it in the events section, perhaps we can get the core group together, decide what we want and then start advertising for the second meet up?

Class
I could only do wednesdays in April at present. Perhaps those that miss out this time can arrange another class later on through the club if we make it a success :)
Club
I am happy with a change in location if the Jaz bar is quieter, agreed that Les Brasseurs can get busy and noisy. As for posting it in the events section, perhaps we can get the core group together, decide what we want and then start advertising for the second meet up?

Class
I could only do wednesdays in April at present. Perhaps those that miss out this time can arrange another class later on through the club if we make it a success :)

slimjim, Apr 3, 2008 @ 10:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 32

maja, Apr 3, 2008 @ 11:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 33
I can swing a meeting this coming Wed. night.  The quieter the place the better.  Also, once we get a tentative final count we should try to reserve a table, if at all possible. 

I also think that we should set a limit on how many people that we have in the group.  If we get too many it can be chaos.  If it (the group) gets up and running and there is a high demand, we can always re-evaluate or create a 2nd group.  Maybe we should just have the people that have been active on this forum meet and see how it goes.  Get some ideas going on how we can organize the group...maybe come up with locations to take some photos, etc, etc.  If everything goes well then maybe post it on the activity board??  Just a thought.......

I am really excited that so many people are interested.  I never thought that the original post that I put out there would get so many responses!  :D

I can swing a meeting this coming Wed. night.  The quieter the place the better.  Also, once we get a tentative final count we should try to reserve a table, if at all possible. 

I also think that we should set a limit on how many people that we have in the group.  If we get too many it can be chaos.  If it (the group) gets up and running and there is a high demand, we can always re-evaluate or create a 2nd group.  Maybe we should just have the people that have been active on this forum meet and see how it goes.  Get some ideas going on how we can organize the group...maybe come up with locations to take some photos, etc, etc.  If everything goes well then maybe post it on the activity board??  Just a thought.......

I am really excited that so many people are interested.  I never thought that the original post that I put out there would get so many responses!  :D
maja, Apr 3, 2008 @ 11:37

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 34
I would love to join the Studio123 group class- still a possibility??  Just moved here and I shoot with a Cannon 20D SLR....If the class is already fully booked, can I please be included into the club?

Thanks!

I would love to join the Studio123 group class- still a possibility??  Just moved here and I shoot with a Cannon 20D SLR....If the class is already fully booked, can I please be included into the club?

Thanks!
Fionn, Apr 3, 2008 @ 13:16

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 35
i am kind of super late to read about this photo group but would very much like to join in and come to the first meeting.

i could also think of joining the course with studio23 depending what time classes are supposed to start (which week day doesn't matter that much).

alex

i am kind of super late to read about this photo group but would very much like to join in and come to the first meeting.

i could also think of joining the course with studio23 depending what time classes are supposed to start (which week day doesn't matter that much).

alex
Quijote, Apr 3, 2008 @ 18:38

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 36
CLASS: Sounds like we may have 4-5 people who take the class Thursdays 7-9 starting April 10. Can everyone who is interested reply back to confirm? Once we know we've got 4 people, I'll call the professor to give him the ok.
CLASS: Sounds like we may have 4-5 people who take the class Thursdays 7-9 starting April 10. Can everyone who is interested reply back to confirm? Once we know we've got 4 people, I'll call the professor to give him the ok.
lil10, Apr 4, 2008 @ 12:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 37
I am interested ... but i missed the thread about the costs ... please fill me in :)

Zak.

I am interested ... but i missed the thread about the costs ... please fill me in :)

Zak.

zakzy, Apr 4, 2008 @ 20:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 38
[quote]I am interested ... but i missed the thread about the costs ... please fill me in :)

Zak.

[/quote]

400 CHF for 5 weeks.
[quote]I am interested ... but i missed the thread about the costs ... please fill me in :)

Zak.

[/quote]

400 CHF for 5 weeks.
lil10, Apr 4, 2008 @ 20:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 39
Argh! cannot make Thursdays for classes. So if then the idea of group meetings is still open, would like to join. Though will not be able to meet you coming Wed, hope you could post some results of the meeting.

thanks

Beatrez
Argh! cannot make Thursdays for classes. So if then the idea of group meetings is still open, would like to join. Though will not be able to meet you coming Wed, hope you could post some results of the meeting.

thanks

Beatrez
Beatrez, Apr 5, 2008 @ 13:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 40
thursdays 7-9pm would work for me. if easier for others monday - wednesday same time would work as well.
thursdays 7-9pm would work for me. if easier for others monday - wednesday same time would work as well.
Quijote, Apr 5, 2008 @ 19:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 41
Hi

Would be interested in every other week and we don't have a car but live in Geneva and used to using the great public transport.

Have a basic digital so would need to get a decent one

Cheers

Catherine

Hi

Would be interested in every other week and we don't have a car but live in Geneva and used to using the great public transport.

Have a basic digital so would need to get a decent one

Cheers

Catherine

cawajh, Apr 6, 2008 @ 12:36

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 42
Hi guys,

I'm kindof late to jump in as well.

Two questions:

1. have you agreed on a place to meet yet? I'm not quite sure which of the two options is the one that's gonna happen.

2. Do you/we want to set a topic for the first meeting? Like, whatever, "contrast" or "depth of field" or sth. like that. Then those who want could bring one or two samples on this topic

Timo
Hi guys,

I'm kindof late to jump in as well.

Two questions:

1. have you agreed on a place to meet yet? I'm not quite sure which of the two options is the one that's gonna happen.

2. Do you/we want to set a topic for the first meeting? Like, whatever, "contrast" or "depth of field" or sth. like that. Then those who want could bring one or two samples on this topic

Timo
Timol, Apr 6, 2008 @ 13:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 43
Hi

Me to. Can only make it every other week. Don't have a car so will use public transport in Geneva

C

Hi

Me to. Can only make it every other week. Don't have a car so will use public transport in Geneva

C

cawajh, Apr 6, 2008 @ 13:55

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 44
Hey everyone,

I was surprised to read this thread (late as it was).  I'm up for meeting this Wednesday if it's OK with the original folks who came up with the idea.  Perhaps it might be easier to set schedules for the English photography courses in person as well, rather than over this online forum.

Please let me know when the location has been decided.  I'm OK with jazz cafe or the lady godiva pub. 

Shantanu ([email protected])

Hey everyone,

I was surprised to read this thread (late as it was).  I'm up for meeting this Wednesday if it's OK with the original folks who came up with the idea.  Perhaps it might be easier to set schedules for the English photography courses in person as well, rather than over this online forum.

Please let me know when the location has been decided.  I'm OK with jazz cafe or the lady godiva pub. 

Shantanu ([email protected])
shantanujani, Apr 6, 2008 @ 16:18

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 45
Yes, good idea. At the Wednesday evening group meeting, we can figure out schedules for the class for those who are interested. See you all Wednesday at 7 at Lady Godiva(?).
Yes, good idea. At the Wednesday evening group meeting, we can figure out schedules for the class for those who are interested. See you all Wednesday at 7 at Lady Godiva(?).
lil10, Apr 7, 2008 @ 17:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 46

Given the interest perhaps Lady G makes sense for the first meeting just in case we do get a full house attending. At least Lady G (never been but I have heard) has plenty of space.

For the first week how about we find out about each other and what do we want from the club? We may find that different people have different desires, portrait, landscape, general, etc. From here we can think about what makes sense for the group and the indaviduals.

Personaly, I have the DSLR kit and a "roughish" idea of what I am doing. So I am hoping to learn from those who like to teach and share their knowledge.

Given the interest perhaps Lady G makes sense for the first meeting just in case we do get a full house attending. At least Lady G (never been but I have heard) has plenty of space.

For the first week how about we find out about each other and what do we want from the club? We may find that different people have different desires, portrait, landscape, general, etc. From here we can think about what makes sense for the group and the indaviduals.

Personaly, I have the DSLR kit and a "roughish" idea of what I am doing. So I am hoping to learn from those who like to teach and share their knowledge.
slimjim, Apr 7, 2008 @ 17:48

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 47
slimjim - by chance, would you mind calling lady G and see if we can reserve a table?  i have never been there either, so i am not sure how it really works.  maybe if the reservation was under your name so that we have a name to refer the table to since we don't know what anyone looks like!!!

i shoot with the canon eos 400D (the rebel xti) 10.1 mp.  still learning my way around the camera and could use some input on help on desired aperture, ISO speeds, etc.

i think that it might be a good idea for everyone to set up a photo sharing account (such as flickr) so that we can view each other's photos. 

also, maybe if we can come up with a "homework" assignment each week and review each other's work.  for example, this week we'll try landscapes, next week (if we are doing this every week) we try buildings, portraits, etc, etc.

again, these are just suggestions.  ;)

see you all there at Wed 7pm.

Cheers!

slimjim - by chance, would you mind calling lady G and see if we can reserve a table?  i have never been there either, so i am not sure how it really works.  maybe if the reservation was under your name so that we have a name to refer the table to since we don't know what anyone looks like!!!

i shoot with the canon eos 400D (the rebel xti) 10.1 mp.  still learning my way around the camera and could use some input on help on desired aperture, ISO speeds, etc.

i think that it might be a good idea for everyone to set up a photo sharing account (such as flickr) so that we can view each other's photos. 

also, maybe if we can come up with a "homework" assignment each week and review each other's work.  for example, this week we'll try landscapes, next week (if we are doing this every week) we try buildings, portraits, etc, etc.

again, these are just suggestions.  ;)

see you all there at Wed 7pm.

Cheers!
maja, Apr 7, 2008 @ 18:00

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 48
Tried calling Lady G no luck so I have sent a table asking if they can reserve space for 15 people.

So far, going back thorugh the thread I have the following names(quickly noted so may have spelling errors :)

slimjim
lil10
shantanujani
cawajh
timol
quijoiz
kev
fionn
maja
frolousi
olipaba
lucy5679

If I have missed anyone or if someone on the list cannot make it please let us know so we have a better idea of numbers.

Tried calling Lady G no luck so I have sent a table asking if they can reserve space for 15 people.

So far, going back thorugh the thread I have the following names(quickly noted so may have spelling errors :)

slimjim
lil10
shantanujani
cawajh
timol
quijoiz
kev
fionn
maja
frolousi
olipaba
lucy5679

If I have missed anyone or if someone on the list cannot make it please let us know so we have a better idea of numbers.
slimjim, Apr 7, 2008 @ 18:18

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 49

Good idea. My photos are here here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/timol/sets/

The set with my personal favourites is this one:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/timol/sets/1303702/

Timo

Good idea. My photos are here here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/timol/sets/

The set with my personal favourites is this one:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/timol/sets/1303702/

Timo
Timol, Apr 7, 2008 @ 18:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 50
Slimjim - thanks so much!  keep us update -hopefully Lady G will respond.

Here are my photos:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/alicantina709/

I have recently discovered that I need much help on composition........  ;)

Hopefully the photos will get better as we go progress with our group.

Slimjim - thanks so much!  keep us update -hopefully Lady G will respond.

Here are my photos:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/alicantina709/

I have recently discovered that I need much help on composition........  ;)

Hopefully the photos will get better as we go progress with our group.
maja, Apr 7, 2008 @ 18:58

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 51
Waoo...great to see how this forum holding the attention. Thanks to maja. I regret That I won't be able to join you all for first meeting. I will be off for some days which came from last minute decision. Sorry guys and girls I will catch you all for the next meeting.
Waoo...great to see how this forum holding the attention. Thanks to maja. I regret That I won't be able to join you all for first meeting. I will be off for some days which came from last minute decision. Sorry guys and girls I will catch you all for the next meeting.
frdousi, Apr 7, 2008 @ 20:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 52
Hi

My husband and I can't make it this Wed but could next week.

Can you let me know how it goes?

Cheers

C

Hi

My husband and I can't make it this Wed but could next week.

Can you let me know how it goes?

Cheers

C
cawajh, Apr 7, 2008 @ 21:38

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 53
Turns out that Man Utd and Roma are playing at 20:30 on Wednesday night however we should now have a table reservation from 19:00 under the name of "Glocal Photo Club" :) for 15 people.

James

Turns out that Man Utd and Roma are playing at 20:30 on Wednesday night however we should now have a table reservation from 19:00 under the name of "Glocal Photo Club" :) for 15 people.

James
slimjim, Apr 8, 2008 @ 02:30

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 54
Thank you!

See you all then.  I will be there a little before 7pm and will be wearing a (somewhat) pink scarf.

Maja (Christine)

Thank you!

See you all then.  I will be there a little before 7pm and will be wearing a (somewhat) pink scarf.

Maja (Christine)
maja, Apr 8, 2008 @ 10:29

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 55
great,

see you tomorrow at lady G

oli
great,

see you tomorrow at lady G

oli
olipaba, Apr 8, 2008 @ 13:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 56
Where is this lady G place please and is my name on the list ???

thanks,

Zak.

[quote]Thank you!

See you all then. I will be there a little before 7pm and will be wearing a (somewhat) pink scarf.

Maja (Christine)[/quote]
Where is this lady G place please and is my name on the list ???

thanks,

Zak.

[quote]Thank you!

See you all then. I will be there a little before 7pm and will be wearing a (somewhat) pink scarf.

Maja (Christine)[/quote]
zakzy, Apr 9, 2008 @ 16:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 57
Zak, your on the list now.

Good question about Lady G.

www.ladyg.ch
53, Boulevard du Pont-d'Arve Plainpalais, 1205 Geneva
Map to get there

Zak, your on the list now.

Good question about Lady G.

www.ladyg.ch
53, Boulevard du Pont-d'Arve Plainpalais, 1205 Geneva
Map to get there
slimjim, Apr 9, 2008 @ 16:29

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 58
It was really good seeing all of you guys and girls last night.

The Flickr-group is up and running now - so go ahead and join!

Looking forward to seeing your photos!

Timo

P.s.: Hmm, the link doesn't work in the preview. Just to be on the safe side, here is the URL once more: http://www.flickr.com/groups/glocals-photoclub/
It was really good seeing all of you guys and girls last night.

The Flickr-group is up and running now - so go ahead and join!

Looking forward to seeing your photos!

Timo

P.s.: Hmm, the link doesn't work in the preview. Just to be on the safe side, here is the URL once more: http://www.flickr.com/groups/glocals-photoclub/
Timol, Apr 10, 2008 @ 11:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 59
Well said.

I will try and place some Photos onto Flickr later today. After seeing some of yours and the comments from people I will help to lower the groups quality bar suitably to make everyone else comfortable to start posting :w00t:

James

Well said.

I will try and place some Photos onto Flickr later today. After seeing some of yours and the comments from people I will help to lower the groups quality bar suitably to make everyone else comfortable to start posting :w00t:

James
slimjim, Apr 10, 2008 @ 13:09

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 60

Just a note on last night.

Last night was a great start for the group. Everyone introduced themselves along with what they are looking for and what sort of camera they have. We have a wide range of interests and experiences within the group along with people who use compact cameras and DSLR's. The variety in the group is great and will certainly make the projects we will set at each meeting both interesting and educational.

We also discussed options to try and get some pro photographers along to talk to us, take part in the group and off course provide free advice :D

We agreed to have a get together every two weeks, Wednesdays at 7pm onwards (probably 9pm). Location to be decided. Lady G was ok but got a little noisy.

Group project for next meeting, Statues, any statue at all but something you took over the next two weeks :) Timol provided the flickr link to post your 3(max.) favourite statue photos for the project. The idea being we all critique each other’s work (positive feedback please) and learn from each other.

We also discussed topics we would be interested in learning more about, lighting, macro, landscape, camera technology, what is an F-Stop, etc. so we have plenty to keep us busy over the summer months.

Have I missed anything :D

Just a note on last night.

Last night was a great start for the group. Everyone introduced themselves along with what they are looking for and what sort of camera they have. We have a wide range of interests and experiences within the group along with people who use compact cameras and DSLR's. The variety in the group is great and will certainly make the projects we will set at each meeting both interesting and educational.

We also discussed options to try and get some pro photographers along to talk to us, take part in the group and off course provide free advice :D

We agreed to have a get together every two weeks, Wednesdays at 7pm onwards (probably 9pm). Location to be decided. Lady G was ok but got a little noisy.

Group project for next meeting, Statues, any statue at all but something you took over the next two weeks :) Timol provided the flickr link to post your 3(max.) favourite statue photos for the project. The idea being we all critique each other’s work (positive feedback please) and learn from each other.

We also discussed topics we would be interested in learning more about, lighting, macro, landscape, camera technology, what is an F-Stop, etc. so we have plenty to keep us busy over the summer months.

Have I missed anything :D

slimjim, Apr 10, 2008 @ 13:28

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 61

It takes me time thinking to write this answer but in fact I finally decided to write to you my thoughts

Well,,,,,,,,,

I started my passion of photography in my early childhood as I used to see and share my dad  his hobby as photographer, also to develop and print photos then after that I start to do the same.  Days after date I started  to be into visual art in general .. I studied painting also film making (video, editing, ..etc )for many years then I moved to Geneva I made a professional photo course ( in French ) under the most famous well known photographers in the city .

What I can offer as educational photography course

-         How to take photos (theory and practical)

-         How to use your camera.

-         How to edit, enhance and correct your photo with computer (which is extremely important nowadays).

-         The needful software for photo treatment for free.

What it is the constrains

-         I have a limited free time profile as I am working in Private Bank and in I am engaged to some film and visual art projects in my free time so I can offer myself for 2 – 4 hour per week

-         The cost of this course will be subject to the number of people and hours of training (i.e  40 -60 CHF per hour )

For any further information please contact me

079 77 59 244  or e mail  [email protected]

It takes me time thinking to write this answer but in fact I finally decided to write to you my thoughts

Well,,,,,,,,,

I started my passion of photography in my early childhood as I used to see and share my dad  his hobby as photographer, also to develop and print photos then after that I start to do the same.  Days after date I started  to be into visual art in general .. I studied painting also film making (video, editing, ..etc )for many years then I moved to Geneva I made a professional photo course ( in French ) under the most famous well known photographers in the city .

What I can offer as educational photography course

-         How to take photos (theory and practical)

-         How to use your camera.

-         How to edit, enhance and correct your photo with computer (which is extremely important nowadays).

-         The needful software for photo treatment for free.

What it is the constrains

-         I have a limited free time profile as I am working in Private Bank and in I am engaged to some film and visual art projects in my free time so I can offer myself for 2 – 4 hour per week

-         The cost of this course will be subject to the number of people and hours of training (i.e  40 -60 CHF per hour )

For any further information please contact me

079 77 59 244  or e mail  [email protected]

Mr_gasoline, Apr 18, 2008 @ 10:38

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 62
I just learned about this discussion and would really like to join if not too late. Please let me know if you have already started and what level the group more or less has.
I just learned about this discussion and would really like to join if not too late. Please let me know if you have already started and what level the group more or less has.
Stella44, Jun 27, 2009 @ 22:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 63
Hey I would like to join u guys! Photography is my thing!

I dont think I know suficiently to teach, but we can always

exchange tips.

looking fwd

Juli
Hey I would like to join u guys! Photography is my thing!

I dont think I know suficiently to teach, but we can always

exchange tips.

looking fwd

Juli
JuliaPhotos, Jun 30, 2009 @ 01:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 64
I was thinking of starting the group again... after the summer holidays though.
I was thinking of starting the group again... after the summer holidays though.
kejago, Jun 30, 2009 @ 01:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 65

Stella44, Jun 30, 2009 @ 10:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 66

Count me in whenever you start... here are a few of my publicly acceptable pics...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68661670@N00/

Count me in whenever you start... here are a few of my publicly acceptable pics...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68661670@N00/
hucklewoo, Jun 30, 2009 @ 11:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 67
I'm in too
I'm in too
britabroad, Jun 30, 2009 @ 12:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 68
Please include me too in this group...

thanks in advance :)

Please include me too in this group...

thanks in advance :)
RajHere, Jun 30, 2009 @ 12:30

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 69
Hello. I'm a graphic designer with strong Photoshop skills , which may interest you.

I too am looking for a photography course but am saving up for a camera at the moment. Let me know how your course progresses.

Maybe we can exchange apparture tech knowledge with a photoshop group?

Let me know.

Lydia.
Hello. I'm a graphic designer with strong Photoshop skills , which may interest you.

I too am looking for a photography course but am saving up for a camera at the moment. Let me know how your course progresses.

Maybe we can exchange apparture tech knowledge with a photoshop group?

Let me know.

Lydia.
Lydia_London, Jul 1, 2009 @ 00:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 70
Sounds great. I am by far no expert though so I am sure I can learn a lot more from you. Could we already plan a date for after summer, August or something to meet up?

Stella

Sounds great. I am by far no expert though so I am sure I can learn a lot more from you. Could we already plan a date for after summer, August or something to meet up?

Stella
Stella44, Jul 1, 2009 @ 10:52

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 71
Hi

I would be interested in learning more about Photoshop and I am also keen to find out more about using a camera manually

Catherine

Hi

I would be interested in learning more about Photoshop and I am also keen to find out more about using a camera manually

Catherine

cawajh, Jul 1, 2009 @ 13:09

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 72
Hi

I am free after first week of August as I am currently not working permanently.

I also have a contact who is an Art teacher whose first love is photography and he has agreed to show me how to use the camera manually. He thinks I take good photos and have an good understanding of colour and perspective. I take small pieces of things, events, people etc rather than panoramics. I could set something up with him baring in mind that he teaches full time.

Cheers

C

Hi

I am free after first week of August as I am currently not working permanently.

I also have a contact who is an Art teacher whose first love is photography and he has agreed to show me how to use the camera manually. He thinks I take good photos and have an good understanding of colour and perspective. I take small pieces of things, events, people etc rather than panoramics. I could set something up with him baring in mind that he teaches full time.

Cheers

C

cawajh, Jul 1, 2009 @ 13:13

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 73
I thought I would add this in here too:

If you are intrested in following an "online" distance learning program in English, have a look here: http://www.oca-uk.com/distance-learning/photography-1-art-of-photography After a few of these, you could earn yourself a BA (Hon) in Photography.

:cool:

I thought I would add this in here too:

If you are intrested in following an "online" distance learning program in English, have a look here: http://www.oca-uk.com/distance-learning/photography-1-art-of-photography After a few of these, you could earn yourself a BA (Hon) in Photography.

:cool:
kejago, Jul 10, 2009 @ 16:28

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 74
Hi,

Thanks for sending this link. I checked it out the site and it looks really great. Thanks for the tip, I might enrol myself for one of these courses.

Have a nice day,

krgds,

Stella

Hi,

Thanks for sending this link. I checked it out the site and it looks really great. Thanks for the tip, I might enrol myself for one of these courses.

Have a nice day,

krgds,

Stella
Stella44, Jul 16, 2009 @ 11:53

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 75
I haven't read everything in this thread (wow it's long) but I am a photographer / videographer based in Geneva and would be happy to give photography lessons at a good price. I (of course) speak English and am learning a little French. I would also be happy to trade French lessons for photography lessons!

Please feel free to contact me for details.

I haven't read everything in this thread (wow it's long) but I am a photographer / videographer based in Geneva and would be happy to give photography lessons at a good price. I (of course) speak English and am learning a little French. I would also be happy to trade French lessons for photography lessons!

Please feel free to contact me for details.

JMfromTO, Jul 16, 2009 @ 15:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 76
I forgot to add a link to my site: http://jessejmorgan.com/
I forgot to add a link to my site: http://jessejmorgan.com/
JMfromTO, Jul 16, 2009 @ 15:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 77
the photo group sounds great , i will be happy to join your next session, do u have plans for the next meeting?
the photo group sounds great , i will be happy to join your next session, do u have plans for the next meeting?

reffael, Jul 16, 2009 @ 20:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 78
Sounds great, if you have time to do so am I sure I could learn a lot. I am sure we can work out a decent price. Trading for French lessons with me will not improve you French much I am afraid.

Holiday period is coming so let's see what would be a good time to start. Thanks.

Krgds, Stella

Sounds great, if you have time to do so am I sure I could learn a lot. I am sure we can work out a decent price. Trading for French lessons with me will not improve you French much I am afraid.

Holiday period is coming so let's see what would be a good time to start. Thanks.

Krgds, Stella
Stella44, Jul 17, 2009 @ 18:28

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 79
[quote]

If you are intrested in following an "online" distance learning program in English, have a look here: http://www.oca-uk.com/distance-learning/photography-1-art-of-photography[/quote]

Going to sign up for this in September. :hehe:
[quote]

If you are intrested in following an "online" distance learning program in English, have a look here: http://www.oca-uk.com/distance-learning/photography-1-art-of-photography[/quote]

Going to sign up for this in September. :hehe:
kejago, Jul 18, 2009 @ 00:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 80
Geez.... now I am talking to myself! :crazy:
Geez.... now I am talking to myself! :crazy:
kejago, Jul 18, 2009 @ 00:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 81

World Village Association invites to Photography Workshop with Yoshi Shimizu

http://www.glocals.com/#/things-to-do/geneva/27394.htm

World Village Association invites to Photography Workshop with Yoshi Shimizu

http://www.glocals.com/#/things-to-do/geneva/27394.htm

Soul3Soul, May 28, 2010 @ 11:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 82

Thank you for the info, Soul3Soul, I will definitely visit it!

Thank you for the info, Soul3Soul, I will definitely visit it!

Nata D, Jun 10, 2010 @ 13:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
84 Replies | 4757 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form