Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Looking for a "beach" on Lac Leman ...

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Looking for a "beach" on Lac Leman ...

Hello,  I know I'm not likely to find sand anywhere, but I would like to go to a beach / waterside area where I can go swimming as well as lay and tan with my hubby on a weekday morning. I've heard of Bains de Paquis, and the UN beach (but I think the UN beach is only for UN personelle - anyone know?)

I'm really interested in the lake and not anything indoor, and preferably not a pool. I'm willing to travel  around the lake to find a place like this, but does anyone have any tips for me to start from?

Thanks!

The text you are quoting:

Hello,  I know I'm not likely to find sand anywhere, but I would like to go to a beach / waterside area where I can go swimming as well as lay and tan with my hubby on a weekday morning. I've heard of Bains de Paquis, and the UN beach (but I think the UN beach is only for UN personelle - anyone know?)

I'm really interested in the lake and not anything indoor, and preferably not a pool. I'm willing to travel  around the lake to find a place like this, but does anyone have any tips for me to start from?

Thanks!

brittany johnsonJul 14, 2010 @ 14:58
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

8 Replies | 6047 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Looking for a "beach" on Lac Leman ...
Post 1

Yeap! Baby plage. End of bus 6 plus some other buses (bus stop Geneve plage)

And guess what. It has sand!!

Yeap! Baby plage. End of bus 6 plus some other buses (bus stop Geneve plage)

And guess what. It has sand!!

Maria_, Jul 14, 2010 @ 15:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Nyon plage has sand, as does Prangins...in between there and baby plage  its mostly grass areas.

At the Nyon piscine (pool) you can access the lake as well.

Nyon plage has sand, as does Prangins...in between there and baby plage  its mostly grass areas.

Charlie, Jul 14, 2010 @ 15:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Or Geneve- Plage you have access to the lake too...

Or Geneve- Plage you have access to the lake too...

Celeste T, Jul 14, 2010 @ 15:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi,

Plage de la Savonnière, 1245 Collonges-Bellerive : http://www.leman-plages.ch/plage/collonges-bellerive/plage-de-la-savonniere

Very crowded the weekend! About 10-15 minutes walk from the bus stop.

Plage de la Nymphe, 1245 Collonges-Bellerive : http://www.leman-plages.ch/plage/collonges-bellerive/parc-de-la-nymphe 

About 10-15 minutes walk from the bus stop.

All the beaches at the lake : http://www.leman-plages.ch/

All the best...

Hi,

Plage de la Savonnière, 1245 Collonges-Bellerive : http://www.leman-plages.ch/plage/collonges-bellerive/plage-de-la-savonniere

Very crowded the weekend! About 10-15 minutes walk from the bus stop.

Plage de la Nymphe, 1245 Collonges-Bellerive : http://www.leman-plages.ch/plage/collonges-bellerive/parc-de-la-nymphe 

About 10-15 minutes walk from the bus stop.

All the beaches at the lake : http://www.leman-plages.ch/

All the best...

Vincent C, Jul 14, 2010 @ 17:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Jul 14, 10 15:17

If you're willing to travel a bit, I'd recommend the Nyon pool, too.

Or, if you want somewhere free and less crowded, there's a small beach with diving boards in the lake and a grassy sunbathing area at Gland. Turn right (if you're coming from the Geneva direction) at the Schillinger Garden Centre roundabout and drive about 200m down to a free parking area. The beach is right there.

If you're willing to travel a bit, I'd recommend the Nyon pool, too.

Or, if you want somewhere free and less crowded, there's a small beach with diving boards in the lake and a grassy sunbathing area at Gland. Turn right (if you're coming from the Geneva direction) at the Schillinger Garden Centre roundabout and drive about 200m down to a free parking area. The beach is right there.

Alistair Scott, Jul 15, 2010 @ 07:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Actually there is a sandy beach in Excenvex which is in France just past Yvoire.  It's very safe for kids, but usually crowded in summer

Actually there is a sandy beach in Excenvex which is in France just past Yvoire.  It's very safe for kids, but usually crowded in summer

Cladagh, Jul 15, 2010 @ 10:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Thanks!

Jul 14, 10 14:58

Have you tried Thonon les bains on the French side of the lake?

it's my favorite part of the lake and the Excenevex which is not far from Thonon les bains.

So far those are my favorite spots on the lake.

Have you tried Thonon les bains on the French side of the lake?

it's my favorite part of the lake and the Excenevex which is not far from Thonon les bains.

So far those are my favorite spots on the lake.

andy o, Jul 16, 2010 @ 12:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hey everyone! thanks for all of the fantastic ideas. We just got back from our first beach experience in Geneva. We decided to check out Baby Plage , which is really cute, has sand and is free. I'm sure it fills up by noon, but we were there early. We'll certainly try all of the other suggestions over time.

Thanks so much!

Hey everyone! thanks for all of the fantastic ideas. We just got back from our first beach experience in Geneva. We decided to check out Baby Plage , which is really cute, has sand and is free. I'm sure it fills up by noon, but we were there early. We'll certainly try all of the other suggestions over time.

Thanks so much!

brittany johnson, Jul 16, 2010 @ 15:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
8 Replies | 6047 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form