Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Looking for a French tutor! Any recommendations on Supercomm?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Looking for a French tutor! Any recommendations on Supercomm?

Hi everyone, 

I just recently moved to Geneva, and I am looking for a good French tutor. 

I have spent 2 weeks at Ecole Migros and I am not impressed. The classes were very grammer heavy, and the teacher was terrible. I am looking for a french tutor who can focus more on conversation and communication, and make the classes a bit more interesting than just paper handouts. I would be interested in One-to-one or smaller groups.. 

I am currently considering Supercomm, but they are pretty expensive, and I can't find any recommendations out there, so I'm not sure if this is the best way to go.  

Any recommendations or advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks guys. :) 

Camilla 

The text you are quoting:

Hi everyone, 

I just recently moved to Geneva, and I am looking for a good French tutor. 

I have spent 2 weeks at Ecole Migros and I am not impressed. The classes were very grammer heavy, and the teacher was terrible. I am looking for a french tutor who can focus more on conversation and communication, and make the classes a bit more interesting than just paper handouts. I would be interested in One-to-one or smaller groups.. 

I am currently considering Supercomm, but they are pretty expensive, and I can't find any recommendations out there, so I'm not sure if this is the best way to go.  

Any recommendations or advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks guys. :) 

Camilla 

Camilla SFeb 26, 2015 @ 18:57
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 1297 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Looking for a French tutor! Any recommendations on Supercomm?
Post 1

Hey Camilla! I studied with Supercomm for three months and was extremely happy. They are very expensive, but exactly for that reason don't feel bad if you are not happy with your teacher to ask to change for another one. They normally do one-to-one, their group offers are more limited.

My teacher's name was Emmanuel Bonato, but this was three years ago so maybe he already left the company...

Also, try asking at work if they help cover the cost. Who knows!

Good luck!

María

Hey Camilla! I studied with Supercomm for three months and was extremely happy. They are very expensive, but exactly for that reason don't feel bad if you are not happy with your teacher to ask to change for another one. They normally do one-to-one, their group offers are more limited.

My teacher's name was Emmanuel Bonato, but this was three years ago so maybe he already left the company...

Also, try asking at work if they help cover the cost. Who knows!

Good luck!

María

María M, Feb 28, 2015 @ 23:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi

Try LFMP Sarl cheap and very good:)

Hi

Try LFMP Sarl cheap and very good:)

kenny chan, Mar 1, 2015 @ 07:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Camilla

I have been with Supercomm since many years with a smaller group of lessons, teachers changed a lot due to various reasons, so I did not really take much advantages at that time.

Yes they were expensive but with private lessons it all depends on the individual teacher and your clarity on the learning needs, why not have a try, no matter with Supercomm or any other school's private teacher.

If you prefer group lessons, I propose you Ifage which organizes every thing so well with plenty of choices of schedules and different areas of languages which you prefer to focus on (e.g. writing, oral, business, exam preparation etc...).

Hope this helps.Smile

Hi Camilla

I have been with Supercomm since many years with a smaller group of lessons, teachers changed a lot due to various reasons, so I did not really take much advantages at that time.

Yes they were expensive but with private lessons it all depends on the individual teacher and your clarity on the learning needs, why not have a try, no matter with Supercomm or any other school's private teacher.

If you prefer group lessons, I propose you Ifage which organizes every thing so well with plenty of choices of schedules and different areas of languages which you prefer to focus on (e.g. writing, oral, business, exam preparation etc...).

Hope this helps.Smile

Jessica G, Mar 1, 2015 @ 20:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Maria, Kenny and Jessica. 

Thank you for your answers! They are all very helpful. I am meeting with a private tutor who sounds really great. And I'll try Supercomm as well. :) 

Have a good night and thanks again!!

Camilla 

Hi Maria, Kenny and Jessica. 

Thank you for your answers! They are all very helpful. I am meeting with a private tutor who sounds really great. And I'll try Supercomm as well. :) 

Have a good night and thanks again!!

Camilla 

Camilla S, Mar 1, 2015 @ 22:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Woops don't know what happened to the text. :)

Woops don't know what happened to the text. :)

Camilla S, Mar 1, 2015 @ 22:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 1297 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form