Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Looking for people to go whitewater kayaking with

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Looking for people to go whitewater kayaking with

Hi all, Im new in town and am looking to find people to go whitewater kayaking with. I have all my equipment except for a kayak so Ill need to find a place to rent buy one also. Im a bit out of practice and unfit but happy to jump on anything grade 3 or 4.

If you are a kayaker or know of anyone who, I'd love to hear from you. 

The text you are quoting:

Hi all, Im new in town and am looking to find people to go whitewater kayaking with. I have all my equipment except for a kayak so Ill need to find a place to rent buy one also. Im a bit out of practice and unfit but happy to jump on anything grade 3 or 4.

If you are a kayaker or know of anyone who, I'd love to hear from you. 

Brian Mc DonaldMay 23, 2018 @ 08:48
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 846 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Looking for people to go whitewater kayaking with
Post 1

Hi Brian,

CERN has a kayak club which organises river trips occasionally, though rarely grade 4. They have some boats and kit that you can borrow, and you don't have to work at CERN to join. https://canoe-kayak.web.cern.ch/

There's also a Geneva club based in Jonction and an Annemasse club who have a small slalom course next to the Etrembieres shopping center, but I can't give you any more details about those. 

Adam

PS I paddle about the same level, I don't get out very often nowadays but if you drop me a message I can let you know next time.

Hi Brian,

CERN has a kayak club which organises river trips occasionally, though rarely grade 4. They have some boats and kit that you can borrow, and you don't have to work at CERN to join. https://canoe-kayak.web.cern.ch/

There's also a Geneva club based in Jonction and an Annemasse club who have a small slalom course next to the Etrembieres shopping center, but I can't give you any more details about those. 

Adam

PS I paddle about the same level, I don't get out very often nowadays but if you drop me a message I can let you know next time.

adam_jeff, May 23, 2018 @ 10:45
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
Re: Looking for people to go whitewater kayaking with
Post 2

Thanks Adam. I'll PM you

Thanks Adam. I'll PM you

Brian Mc Donald, May 25, 2018 @ 17:49