Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Looking to rent a flat or a room in Geneva preferably asap

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Looking to rent a flat or a room in Geneva preferably asap

Hey i am looking for a place to rent in Geneva i am working here in geneva, as a chef and still havent found a place to call home for the next ten month. Even looking for anything for the time being just to give me some form of security and comfort. 

evne if you dont have a place to rent any advic is more than welcome and i would to get some help with this please because i have been looking for for the past week and still nothing to show for it.

The text you are quoting:

Hey i am looking for a place to rent in Geneva i am working here in geneva, as a chef and still havent found a place to call home for the next ten month. Even looking for anything for the time being just to give me some form of security and comfort. 

evne if you dont have a place to rent any advic is more than welcome and i would to get some help with this please because i have been looking for for the past week and still nothing to show for it.

Ahmed GhoneimAug 21, 2016 @ 18:48
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

24 Replies | 1417 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Looking to rent a flat or a room in Geneva preferably asap
Post 1

Hello, Ahmed, and welcome to glocals, so don’t lose any time in checking the Classifieds every day to find offers of accommodation and where you can also place your own ad.

There is a great demand for housing in Geneva so it does take a little while to find a place but don’t despair.  Keep looking and you’ll get something in the end.

Best wishes, R,

Hello, Ahmed, and welcome to glocals, so don’t lose any time in checking the Classifieds every day to find offers of accommodation and where you can also place your own ad.

There is a great demand for housing in Geneva so it does take a little while to find a place but don’t despair.  Keep looking and you’ll get something in the end.

Best wishes, R,

Ritchie, Aug 21, 2016 @ 19:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

People usually are looking for several months to rent a place in Geneve. One week is nothing. But if you are only staying for 10 months you may not be a preferred tenant with regies who are looking to rent out for longer term.

Look at the following FB group, too.

There are people who might rent out a room.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/132683256821749/

But considering that you are looking for a "temporary 10 months period", Starling Residence (www.shresidence.ch) could be a solution for you. They offer 25% off from their studio price in case of long term stay.

It has its own bathroom, kitchen, once a week I think they change the bedlinen and you also have wathing facility in-house. Well-located in Acacias / Planpalais with tram access. 

People usually are looking for several months to rent a place in Geneve. One week is nothing. But if you are only staying for 10 months you may not be a preferred tenant with regies who are looking to rent out for longer term.

Look at the following FB group, too.

There are people who might rent out a room.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/132683256821749/

But considering that you are looking for a "temporary 10 months period", Starling Residence (www.shresidence.ch) could be a solution for you. They offer 25% off from their studio price in case of long term stay.

It has its own bathroom, kitchen, once a week I think they change the bedlinen and you also have wathing facility in-house. Well-located in Acacias / Planpalais with tram access. 

Reka Y, Aug 21, 2016 @ 20:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Thank you so much for your help but i am not a facebook user i know its kinda strange this day and age but yea, ill check out the other site tho thanks alot for your help !!!

Thank you so much for your help but i am not a facebook user i know its kinda strange this day and age but yea, ill check out the other site tho thanks alot for your help !!!

Ahmed Ghoneim, Aug 21, 2016 @ 20:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

OOh your words put me a bit at ease, but i know its hard iv been trying. but if ads and classifieds then would you have any other ideas that i can try ??

OOh your words put me a bit at ease, but i know its hard iv been trying. but if ads and classifieds then would you have any other ideas that i can try ??

Ahmed Ghoneim, Aug 21, 2016 @ 20:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Do a search on the forum. Your issue has been discussed over the years many-many times. You will find a lot of additional information.

Do a search on the forum. Your issue has been discussed over the years many-many times. You will find a lot of additional information.

Reka Y, Aug 21, 2016 @ 20:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hi, look the site Regie du Centry. I left my studio, they put it on line. It's very nice, in the centre of Geneva, but it costs 1800fr. Rgds

Hi, look the site Regie du Centry. I left my studio, they put it on line. It's very nice, in the centre of Geneva, but it costs 1800fr. Rgds

vala f, Aug 21, 2016 @ 21:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Sorry, it's Regie du Centre.

Sorry, it's Regie du Centre.

vala f, Aug 21, 2016 @ 21:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hi Ahmed, how are you? Have you found a place? I am liberating my apt of 35m2. 

http://www.glocals.com/classifieds/geneva/housing-and-real-estate/71773.htm

it's w/ the regie.

Let me know if you are interested.

Kind regards,

Artur

Hi Ahmed, how are you? Have you found a place? I am liberating my apt of 35m2. 

http://www.glocals.com/classifieds/geneva/housing-and-real-estate/71773.htm

it's w/ the regie.

Let me know if you are interested.

Kind regards,

Artur

Artur S, Aug 22, 2016 @ 11:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

ive been looking for 6 months! So if you get something in one week Ill literally die !

ive been looking for 6 months! So if you get something in one week Ill literally die !

Julie P, Aug 22, 2016 @ 12:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

what is your budget?

what is your budget?

Erika Menamkat, Aug 22, 2016 @ 18:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

600 euro/francs - i know its low but that price does exist !! they just get grabbed quickly. sadly im not a millionare like the whole of this bloody place

600 euro/francs - i know its low but that price does exist !! they just get grabbed quickly. sadly im not a millionare like the whole of this bloody place

Julie P, Aug 22, 2016 @ 20:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Would you consider flat sharing? If you want to stay central that might be the best option to find a nice place

Would you consider flat sharing? If you want to stay central that might be the best option to find a nice place

ISABELLE M, Aug 22, 2016 @ 22:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Aug 22, 16 22:02

It’s very difficult to find a room in a flat-share for less than CHF850-900 a month and CHF 1000 p.m. is nothing unusual nowadays.

It’s very difficult to find a room in a flat-share for less than CHF850-900 a month and CHF 1000 p.m. is nothing unusual nowadays.

Ritchie, Aug 22, 2016 @ 23:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Aug 22, 16 23:09

SO negative.

All the sublets ive been in for the past 6 months have been less than 550. IT IS POSSIBLE, ANYTHNG IS POSSIBLE, positivity... not everyone is money hungry around here ..well i hope not. 

SO negative.

All the sublets ive been in for the past 6 months have been less than 550. IT IS POSSIBLE, ANYTHNG IS POSSIBLE, positivity... not everyone is money hungry around here ..well i hope not. 

Julie P, Aug 22, 2016 @ 23:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

Aug 22, 16 20:51

I am pretty bored with your negative comments and then bashing on Ritchie. If this place is so bloody I am pretty sure you can easily leave as well, no?

Sorry for being so personal but why dont you just pull your act together and look for a better job instead of complaining without an end!!

Many people are not millionaire here and yet they find housing without being a drama queen on-line.

I am pretty bored with your negative comments and then bashing on Ritchie. If this place is so bloody I am pretty sure you can easily leave as well, no?

Sorry for being so personal but why dont you just pull your act together and look for a better job instead of complaining without an end!!

Many people are not millionaire here and yet they find housing without being a drama queen on-line.

Reka Y, Aug 23, 2016 @ 01:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

To be fair Julie, I believe you're mistaking realism for negativity.

Ritchie is only providing you with her insight from her experience in Geneva i.e. being helpful - isn't that the whole premise for Glocals?

Geneva is a beautiful, awesome city. It isn't the cheapest but that's hardly a secret. It also provides a very comfortable, easy life with excellent public transport, great public school system, a clean and safe environment etc etc. I was living in Luxembourg prior to this and honestly I don't find people to be "money hungry" here in the least. 

I hope you find what you're looking for :)

To be fair Julie, I believe you're mistaking realism for negativity.

Ritchie is only providing you with her insight from her experience in Geneva i.e. being helpful - isn't that the whole premise for Glocals?

Geneva is a beautiful, awesome city. It isn't the cheapest but that's hardly a secret. It also provides a very comfortable, easy life with excellent public transport, great public school system, a clean and safe environment etc etc. I was living in Luxembourg prior to this and honestly I don't find people to be "money hungry" here in the least. 

I hope you find what you're looking for :)

ISABELLE M, Aug 23, 2016 @ 07:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

Sorry to dissapoimt but i already found a place tba ks to a friend of mine.

Sorry to dissapoimt but i already found a place tba ks to a friend of mine.

Ahmed Ghoneim, Aug 23, 2016 @ 10:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18

Anx true you should be willing to pay more or share a place with some one that about the only ways your gonna get a place with that buget i was willing to pay up 1000 ened up paying 900 take into consideration i get 1.8k a month btw not even 2k but still we got to have a safe place to live. Just try aomething diffrent 

Anx true you should be willing to pay more or share a place with some one that about the only ways your gonna get a place with that buget i was willing to pay up 1000 ened up paying 900 take into consideration i get 1.8k a month btw not even 2k but still we got to have a safe place to live. Just try aomething diffrent 

Ahmed Ghoneim, Aug 23, 2016 @ 10:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19

Thanks alot btw for every one els for all the messages and belp !! Really appreciate it 

Thanks alot btw for every one els for all the messages and belp !! Really appreciate it 

Ahmed Ghoneim, Aug 23, 2016 @ 10:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20

Ok guys ive been travelling all my life i am an experienced traveller and worked in many countries I only expressed my distress because this is the first country out of them all that ive lived in that has been the hardest to find housing. So I am ALLOWED to express my distress and ask for help- referring to nasty comment by REKA who likes to judge. I always said i wanted to share a place with someone so I know its doable with my budget and I love my job so im not changing, and today i found something great in my budget so positivity works THANKSSSSS :-D

Ok guys ive been travelling all my life i am an experienced traveller and worked in many countries I only expressed my distress because this is the first country out of them all that ive lived in that has been the hardest to find housing. So I am ALLOWED to express my distress and ask for help- referring to nasty comment by REKA who likes to judge. I always said i wanted to share a place with someone so I know its doable with my budget and I love my job so im not changing, and today i found something great in my budget so positivity works THANKSSSSS :-D

Julie P, Aug 23, 2016 @ 21:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 21

And one realistic comment your name will double the challenge in being accepted as am facing this with my head cover. I don't even receive replies to my messages! some people  are really mean. I am also looking for 2pcs and any help would be appreciated 

And one realistic comment your name will double the challenge in being accepted as am facing this with my head cover. I don't even receive replies to my messages! some people  are really mean. I am also looking for 2pcs and any help would be appreciated 

Nahed Z, Aug 25, 2016 @ 13:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 22

Aug 25, 16 13:17

Please don’t take the realtors’ prejudice against nationality, name, skin colour, head dress, and so on too much to heart because they operate in similar fashion towards all applicants whatever their origin.  You won’t necessarily get any favours because you’re a fair- skinned native Genevan or a Swiss national from another canton.  What counts is your means of support and, often, your employment status even though the days of jobs for life are long since gone. 

I speak from personal experience and can only encourage you not to give up hope, to keep on trying again and again until the day you strike lucky and you are offered a place that you can afford to call home, even if you have to compromise on some issues.

Meantime, all the best, R.

Please don’t take the realtors’ prejudice against nationality, name, skin colour, head dress, and so on too much to heart because they operate in similar fashion towards all applicants whatever their origin.  You won’t necessarily get any favours because you’re a fair- skinned native Genevan or a Swiss national from another canton.  What counts is your means of support and, often, your employment status even though the days of jobs for life are long since gone. 

I speak from personal experience and can only encourage you not to give up hope, to keep on trying again and again until the day you strike lucky and you are offered a place that you can afford to call home, even if you have to compromise on some issues.

Meantime, all the best, R.

Ritchie, Aug 25, 2016 @ 16:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 23

Thanks Richie for your encouragemen. Truly appreciated 

Thanks Richie for your encouragemen. Truly appreciated 

Nahed Z, Aug 25, 2016 @ 21:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 24

I can agree to what Ritchie said. When I arrived, I was showed a number of possible flats to rent. One of the flats were used by a junkie who just inherited a whole house and her guardian (!) decided to move her out of this rented appartment and move her in her own one.

We were shown the flat by the next door neighbour.

When she was told I was from Hungary, she showed me the bathroom that was an average one and told me that this must be a luxurious one to me....she visitied Hungary like 40 years ago....

There was grass growing between the broken tilles of the tiny bacony. Besides the flat was smelling of pot. Walls were painted some weird yellow and normally they should have been painted back to white but they thought it would do for me as I did not know the rules and regulations at that time.

I used to live in a brand new residential building in the middle of Budapest.

So I told the agent that even if this was the last flat in Geneve, I would not take it.

So you see, anyone can have a bad moment here. Too many people are trying to find accommodation in Geneve and even with an EU passport you can have comments like this.

I can agree to what Ritchie said. When I arrived, I was showed a number of possible flats to rent. One of the flats were used by a junkie who just inherited a whole house and her guardian (!) decided to move her out of this rented appartment and move her in her own one.

We were shown the flat by the next door neighbour.

When she was told I was from Hungary, she showed me the bathroom that was an average one and told me that this must be a luxurious one to me....she visitied Hungary like 40 years ago....

There was grass growing between the broken tilles of the tiny bacony. Besides the flat was smelling of pot. Walls were painted some weird yellow and normally they should have been painted back to white but they thought it would do for me as I did not know the rules and regulations at that time.

I used to live in a brand new residential building in the middle of Budapest.

So I told the agent that even if this was the last flat in Geneve, I would not take it.

So you see, anyone can have a bad moment here. Too many people are trying to find accommodation in Geneve and even with an EU passport you can have comments like this.

Reka Y, Aug 26, 2016 @ 01:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
24 Replies | 1417 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form