Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Low cost English speaking university in Geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Low cost English speaking university in Geneva

I finished the International Baccalaureate high school and now I am looking for a low cost university in Geneva where I could study for my Bachelors degree. I am already taking an online course in international business and management at Bournemouth university in the UK but it is part-time and it would take me 4.5 years to get a Bachelors degree. This is a bit too long for me and I am bored since I hardly have any regular school work to do. I already have a place to be in Geneva so I am not looking for a campus but just to attend the lessons.

Does anyone know of any low cost universities in Geneva? Or at least advice on where to inquire about such things. I am staying in Geneva for the next few months so I can be very active in this search but I just dont know where to start.

The text you are quoting:

I finished the International Baccalaureate high school and now I am looking for a low cost university in Geneva where I could study for my Bachelors degree. I am already taking an online course in international business and management at Bournemouth university in the UK but it is part-time and it would take me 4.5 years to get a Bachelors degree. This is a bit too long for me and I am bored since I hardly have any regular school work to do. I already have a place to be in Geneva so I am not looking for a campus but just to attend the lessons.

Does anyone know of any low cost universities in Geneva? Or at least advice on where to inquire about such things. I am staying in Geneva for the next few months so I can be very active in this search but I just dont know where to start.

Ana KApr 18, 2010 @ 14:12
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

9 Replies | 4234 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Low cost English speaking university in Geneva
Post 1

Thanx for the advice but I am already doing an online course and I really miss face to face comunication and working with people "non-virtually" so I am looking for a uni I can actually attend on a regular basis.

Thanx for the advice but I am already doing an online course and I really miss face to face comunication and working with people "non-virtually" so I am looking for a uni I can actually attend on a regular basis.

Ana K, Apr 18, 2010 @ 16:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Jan 1, 70 01:00

Oh I have went through all those before and unfortunately they are way to expencive for me:( Thanx anyway.

Oh I have went through all those before and unfortunately they are way to expencive for me:( Thanx anyway.

Ana K, Apr 18, 2010 @ 16:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I was affraid you'll say that:)

I doubt I can lear French that well to be able to attend uni any time soon...

I was affraid you'll say that:)

I doubt I can lear French that well to be able to attend uni any time soon...

Ana K, Apr 18, 2010 @ 16:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Thanx for your help;)

Thanx for your help;)

Ana K, Apr 18, 2010 @ 16:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Tried http://www.ubis-geneva.ch/ it has both online and onground classes. I am currently doing my studies there and you can contact them for advice on anything and they will be glad to get back to you. Plus ask for a scholarship offer they do have them for a certain percentage if you do maintain a certain GPA.

Tried http://www.ubis-geneva.ch/ it has both online and onground classes. I am currently doing my studies there and you can contact them for advice on anything and they will be glad to get back to you. Plus ask for a scholarship offer they do have them for a certain percentage if you do maintain a certain GPA.

Christine M, Apr 18, 2010 @ 19:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hi - anyone can share the experience with UBIS in Geneva?

Hi - anyone can share the experience with UBIS in Geneva?

Jessica G, Apr 17, 2014 @ 21:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

inboxed you

inboxed you

Marcy S, Apr 17, 2014 @ 22:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Ye, I have also completed International Baccalaureate last year and I have also been on the same hunt for universities. Let me say that there is none, specially the one you want, you won't find it here. 

I plan to work for a year meanwhile getting my french to a level of C1 and then I'll get into the university of Geneva. If you have an adequete level of french then why not consider University of Geneva?

And trust me, you would NOT want to study in a low ranked university. You will have A LOT of problems when you'll try to apply for masters in a good university.

Ye, I have also completed International Baccalaureate last year and I have also been on the same hunt for universities. Let me say that there is none, specially the one you want, you won't find it here. 

I plan to work for a year meanwhile getting my french to a level of C1 and then I'll get into the university of Geneva. If you have an adequete level of french then why not consider University of Geneva?

And trust me, you would NOT want to study in a low ranked university. You will have A LOT of problems when you'll try to apply for masters in a good university.

Nabeel A, Apr 19, 2014 @ 11:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

I was also offered credits and scholorship from ubis geneva but do some googling about the ranking of the university before you consider studying there.

I was also offered credits and scholorship from ubis geneva but do some googling about the ranking of the university before you consider studying there.

Nabeel A, Apr 19, 2014 @ 11:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
9 Replies | 4234 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form