Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > My English for your French

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
My English for your French

Hello all; I still tell people I am new in Geneva (although it has been 3 years already) so that nobody is surprised when I don't speak French...but the time has come to stop living a lie...(dramatic pause for effect and clasping of my brow and squeezing out a tear).

Honestly I just want to learn conversational French so that I can walk into Migros to buy food without worrying someone is going to ask me a question Laughing

I am a native English speaker, however I am not sure how good a teacher....hell, you might not even want to learn English.....

Saturday/Sunday morning/afternoon - or weeknights (except Tuesday and Thursday) are options for me....please let me know if you can (and want to) help me

Chat to you soon

Jacques

The text you are quoting:

Hello all; I still tell people I am new in Geneva (although it has been 3 years already) so that nobody is surprised when I don't speak French...but the time has come to stop living a lie...(dramatic pause for effect and clasping of my brow and squeezing out a tear).

Honestly I just want to learn conversational French so that I can walk into Migros to buy food without worrying someone is going to ask me a question Laughing

I am a native English speaker, however I am not sure how good a teacher....hell, you might not even want to learn English.....

Saturday/Sunday morning/afternoon - or weeknights (except Tuesday and Thursday) are options for me....please let me know if you can (and want to) help me

Chat to you soon

Jacques

Jacques de WitApr 9, 2014 @ 10:16
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 878 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: My English for your French
Post 1

Hello !!!

Parlons français/Anglais !!!! I need to improve my english ....

Regards

Sam !!!

Hello !!!

Parlons français/Anglais !!!! I need to improve my english ....

Regards

Sam !!!

sam sam, Apr 21, 2014 @ 06:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Helo, I am also looking to improve my French... and can exchange for my English if anyone is interested?

Helo, I am also looking to improve my French... and can exchange for my English if anyone is interested?

nina kumari, Apr 21, 2014 @ 07:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Great idea to have a lauguage exchange buddy. However I recommend an intensive A1 course, 3 hours a day monday to friday. My wife is paying 650 chf per four weeks. She has attended her course for 8 weeks and her French is fantastic. She is out and about chatting to all sorts of characters. 

I have attended my course for two weeks and I have gone from zero to basic conversational French very quickly. It really works. You will also meet some great people at the same time. My school has currently stopeed for Easter but I can't wait to get back. 

Bonne chance!

Great idea to have a lauguage exchange buddy. However I recommend an intensive A1 course, 3 hours a day monday to friday. My wife is paying 650 chf per four weeks. She has attended her course for 8 weeks and her French is fantastic. She is out and about chatting to all sorts of characters. 

I have attended my course for two weeks and I have gone from zero to basic conversational French very quickly. It really works. You will also meet some great people at the same time. My school has currently stopeed for Easter but I can't wait to get back. 

Bonne chance!

Ajay Singh, Apr 21, 2014 @ 12:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Ajay,

I'm looking for an intensive Frech course at the moment, could I ask which one your wife has attended? I've found a few places online but would love to go to one which has been recommended by someone!

Thanks. 

Hi Ajay,

I'm looking for an intensive Frech course at the moment, could I ask which one your wife has attended? I've found a few places online but would love to go to one which has been recommended by someone!

Thanks. 

Emma W, Apr 23, 2014 @ 19:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi Emma,

Here is the website for the French school my wife goes to

http://www.francofeel.ch/Living-and-studying-in-Geneva-(232).aspx

If you need more info feel free to contact us. Wecome to Geneva! 

Hi Emma,

Here is the website for the French school my wife goes to

http://www.francofeel.ch/Living-and-studying-in-Geneva-(232).aspx

If you need more info feel free to contact us. Wecome to Geneva! 

Ajay Singh, Apr 24, 2014 @ 02:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 878 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form