Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > My monitor has died :(

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
My monitor has died :(

I am holding my notebook monitor at a 48 degree angle just so I can type this with one hand :(

I am very upset with my computer I bought in July 2008 and have had problems from the get go, over heating and all that...

Anyway, I need a flat screen (no desk space to speak of) to attach to the notebook so I can see what the blue blazes I am typing.

Also; I have tried to get hold of someone at HP that I can speak to in English and unfortunately my poor French is not good enough to communicate my dissappointment, I have been told my one year warranty is up and they can do nothing for me...terribly dissappointing, the computer wasn't cheap at all.

Can anyone help with a screen or with a number for someone at HP or otherwise that can help fix the screen, it has a million lines going across it and the cursor is frozen until the screen settles, which MIGHT happen if I hold the screen...no guarentee

Ok thats it...I've vented...HELP!!!

thanks in advance for any advice and pointers.

The text you are quoting:

I am holding my notebook monitor at a 48 degree angle just so I can type this with one hand :(

I am very upset with my computer I bought in July 2008 and have had problems from the get go, over heating and all that...

Anyway, I need a flat screen (no desk space to speak of) to attach to the notebook so I can see what the blue blazes I am typing.

Also; I have tried to get hold of someone at HP that I can speak to in English and unfortunately my poor French is not good enough to communicate my dissappointment, I have been told my one year warranty is up and they can do nothing for me...terribly dissappointing, the computer wasn't cheap at all.

Can anyone help with a screen or with a number for someone at HP or otherwise that can help fix the screen, it has a million lines going across it and the cursor is frozen until the screen settles, which MIGHT happen if I hold the screen...no guarentee

Ok thats it...I've vented...HELP!!!

thanks in advance for any advice and pointers.

bookwormJan 9, 2010 @ 11:05
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 654 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: My monitor has died :(
Post 1

Hi bookworm

I hope you found a solution in the meantime :(

If not, you might try to go to "Realise", where you can get second-hand computer equipment at really low prices

http://www.realise.ch/pages/informatique/horaires.html

Claudia

Hi bookworm

I hope you found a solution in the meantime :(

If not, you might try to go to "Realise", where you can get second-hand computer equipment at really low prices

http://www.realise.ch/pages/informatique/horaires.html

Claudia

Paxxie, Jan 19, 2010 @ 08:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: My monitor has died :(
Post 2

for some reason i though switzerland warranties had to be at least 2 years, you might want to check that, maybe someone else knows?  i would never trust HP to tell you anything of any use regarding anything at all...

for some reason i though switzerland warranties had to be at least 2 years, you might want to check that, maybe someone else knows?  i would never trust HP to tell you anything of any use regarding anything at all...

floydmarks, Jan 19, 2010 @ 09:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 654 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form