Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Need a DIY place near Geneva to buy tools

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Need a DIY place near Geneva to buy tools

Hi, I need a torx set for my motorbike, so I need more than just a simple screw driver. I have transport so a quick jump into France is fine. I would head for a Castorama but that is some way away apparently? 

Where would guys recommend?

Thanks a lot!

John

The text you are quoting:

Hi, I need a torx set for my motorbike, so I need more than just a simple screw driver. I have transport so a quick jump into France is fine. I would head for a Castorama but that is some way away apparently? 

Where would guys recommend?

Thanks a lot!

John

John ROct 4, 2010 @ 22:18
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

10 Replies | 3364 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Need a DIY place near Geneva to buy tools
Post 1

I doubt if you need to go to France. E.g. Migros has a DIY in Balexert. (Used be be on the top floor, but I think it's been moved.) Migros also has the the same in the M-park in Carouge. They definitely have torx.

If you want to go further, there's plenty in France, Bricorama in Cessy, Boite-a-Outils in St Genis, LeroyMerlin in Thoiry...., not to mention all the shops on the other side (HauteSavoie).

FYI, Castorama in in Annecy, and you'd pass a million DIY shops on the way. Definately not worth it for a torx set. I suggest you take the tram to Balex. Much better for the environment.

--tor

I doubt if you need to go to France. E.g. Migros has a DIY in Balexert. (Used be be on the top floor, but I think it's been moved.) Migros also has the the same in the M-park in Carouge. They definitely have torx.

If you want to go further, there's plenty in France, Bricorama in Cessy, Boite-a-Outils in St Genis, LeroyMerlin in Thoiry...., not to mention all the shops on the other side (HauteSavoie).

FYI, Castorama in in Annecy, and you'd pass a million DIY shops on the way. Definately not worth it for a torx set. I suggest you take the tram to Balex. Much better for the environment.

--tor

tawb, Oct 4, 2010 @ 22:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Sorry, forgot to write that for a "proper" DIY shop in GE, go to the Jumbo Brico in Meyrin. (Continue past Balexert, and when you get lost in the roadworks, you've arrived.)

Sorry, forgot to write that for a "proper" DIY shop in GE, go to the Jumbo Brico in Meyrin. (Continue past Balexert, and when you get lost in the roadworks, you've arrived.)

tawb, Oct 4, 2010 @ 22:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Awesome, thanks a lot!

Awesome, thanks a lot!

John R, Oct 4, 2010 @ 22:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Not to hijack the thread, but would the "Jumbo Brico" also have electronic DIY stuff? I'm talking soldering irons, multimeters, capacitors, flux and such...

Not to hijack the thread, but would the "Jumbo Brico" also have electronic DIY stuff? I'm talking soldering irons, multimeters, capacitors, flux and such...

Piotr Maksymiuk, Oct 13, 2010 @ 14:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Jumbo has soldering irons and multimeters (both overpriced).  I've never seen electronic components, though.

Jumbo has soldering irons and multimeters (both overpriced).  I've never seen electronic components, though.

richardm, Oct 13, 2010 @ 17:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Simple electronic equipement, yes. (Including multimetres.)

Components, I don't think so. In fact I don't know where to get such things in GE. I think there's a shop in Lausanne, but I wouldn't be able to remember where it is.

The few times I've needed such stuff, I've ordered from conrad.de If you do find a solution, I wouldn't mind being informed.

Cheers,

--tor

Simple electronic equipement, yes. (Including multimetres.)

Components, I don't think so. In fact I don't know where to get such things in GE. I think there's a shop in Lausanne, but I wouldn't be able to remember where it is.

The few times I've needed such stuff, I've ordered from conrad.de If you do find a solution, I wouldn't mind being informed.

Cheers,

--tor

tawb, Oct 13, 2010 @ 17:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Piotr, may I ask what you are building?

Piotr, may I ask what you are building?

richardm, Oct 13, 2010 @ 17:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Here  is useful website, although in french:

www.les-outillages.ch

Many of these heavy duty hardward stores  are in Carouge, Vernier and Plan-les-Ouates

There is also the  Hilti Center in Carouge..Smile

There is  also

Here  is useful website, although in french:

www.les-outillages.ch

Many of these heavy duty hardward stores  are in Carouge, Vernier and Plan-les-Ouates

There is also the  Hilti Center in Carouge..Smile

There is  also

Translator, Oct 14, 2010 @ 00:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

not hardward, hardware...

not hardward, hardware...

Translator, Oct 14, 2010 @ 00:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Thanks for all the replies, tho it seems it's hard to get this stuff here. Maybe i'll just end up buying them from ebay, though i rather just hop into a bus and get what i need from the get go.

richardm : A doomsday machine! :D

Nah, just kidding. 2 things : repairing my electronics (game consoles, phones), and then some small gadgets that i see on hackaday. I didn't bring my gear from Poland, because I thought it would be easy to get like in PL, and cheaper than shipping that stuff from home. Turns out i was wrong :/

Thanks for all the replies, tho it seems it's hard to get this stuff here. Maybe i'll just end up buying them from ebay, though i rather just hop into a bus and get what i need from the get go.

richardm : A doomsday machine! :D

Nah, just kidding. 2 things : repairing my electronics (game consoles, phones), and then some small gadgets that i see on hackaday. I didn't bring my gear from Poland, because I thought it would be easy to get like in PL, and cheaper than shipping that stuff from home. Turns out i was wrong :/

Piotr Maksymiuk, Oct 14, 2010 @ 01:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
10 Replies | 3364 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form