Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Need a tailor to mend clothes

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Need a tailor to mend clothes

Hello all,

Does anyone know where I can find a good tailor in Geneva? I need to have some pants altered/mended. Preferably a good, reputable tailor, close to downtown.

Thanks!

The text you are quoting:

Hello all,

Does anyone know where I can find a good tailor in Geneva? I need to have some pants altered/mended. Preferably a good, reputable tailor, close to downtown.

Thanks!

Clark XueJun 3, 2013 @ 18:36
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

15 Replies | 6201 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Need a tailor to mend clothes
Post 1

There are some on here, under "Classifieds /Professional Services".

Cheers - E.

There are some on here, under "Classifieds /Professional Services".

Cheers - E.

Eva D, Jun 3, 2013 @ 22:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

A tailor makes clothes, he doesn’t mend or alter them.

You should look for a shop advertising a service called  “retouches”.  Dry cleaners often offer this facility.

R.

A tailor makes clothes, he doesn’t mend or alter them.

You should look for a shop advertising a service called  “retouches”.  Dry cleaners often offer this facility.

R.

Ritchie, Jun 3, 2013 @ 23:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

there is a little place in Balexert I think its just opposite to post office, they do little fixing (shortening, making size up or down) they fixed my ripped ski pants, for little jobs they are good

there is a little place in Balexert I think its just opposite to post office, they do little fixing (shortening, making size up or down) they fixed my ripped ski pants, for little jobs they are good

Sabina H, Jun 8, 2013 @ 21:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

There's a place in Eaux Vives where my wife used to go to mend/alter clothing when we lived there, in the pedestrian passage between Rue Zurlinden and Rue Herni-Blanvalet.

There's a place in Eaux Vives where my wife used to go to mend/alter clothing when we lived there, in the pedestrian passage between Rue Zurlinden and Rue Herni-Blanvalet.

Edward B, Jun 9, 2013 @ 09:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Have a look under Glocal Guides...http://www.glocals.com/guides/biz/geneva/tailors/

Cheers

Have a look under Glocal Guides...http://www.glocals.com/guides/biz/geneva/tailors/

Cheers

Jeffery S, Jun 10, 2013 @ 15:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
Hello every one, I provide tailoring services with 30% to 40% discount than the market in Geneva  area and you don’t have to wait for many days, you will save your money and time! Here I give some price examples: • To cut/ resize your curtains in market charges 10. CHF per meter, I charge only 7.50 CHF per meter • For trimming lend of pairs of slacks in the market charges 25. CHF, I charge only 15. CHF • For trimming the lend of jeans market charges 15.CHF, I charge only 10.CHF • For table clothes market charges 12. CHF per meter, I charge only 7.30. CHF per meter For more service details please visit my website: (please copy the link and paste it on a new browser) http://mursalali.wix.com/tailoring
The service is available from 8am to 9pm seven days of the week.

Hello every one, I provide tailoring services with 30% to 40% discount than the market in Geneva  area and you don’t have to wait for many days, you will save your money and time! Here I give some price examples: • To cut/ resize your curtains in market charges 10. CHF per meter, I charge only 7.50 CHF per meter • For trimming lend of pairs of slacks in the market charges 25. CHF, I charge only 15. CHF • For trimming the lend of jeans market charges 15.CHF, I charge only 10.CHF • For table clothes market charges 12. CHF per meter, I charge only 7.30. CHF per meter For more service details please visit my website: (please copy the link and paste it on a new browser) http://mursalali.wix.com/tailoring

Mursal Ali, Jun 11, 2013 @ 18:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
The service is available from 8am to 9pm seven days of the week.   Location: Rue Voltaire, Geneva    
Jun 11, 13 18:01

Hi Mursal

I have some jackets and trousers which need altering after I have lost weight. Is this something you can help with? If so, what are the best times to come and drop them off and get measured?

thanks

Neal

Hi Mursal

I have some jackets and trousers which need altering after I have lost weight. Is this something you can help with? If so, what are the best times to come and drop them off and get measured?

thanks

Neal

Neal Reed, Nov 29, 2015 @ 10:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

My personal favorite tailor for alterations is Tartan Sükrü. He is great. His store is called Fil à Coudre in rue de la Rôtisserie 6, 1204 Geneva. Unfortunately he doesn't speak English but he is an expert for men's suits and knows exactly what to do. 

In case you have basic alterations (shortening pants, letting out the seams) you can also go to Globus Menwear department. No problem to get things altered there even if you didn't purchase your clothes there. 

However - please be warned that prices are extremly high in Geneva. It's close to being a ripoff. For example, letting out the seam for pants costs you between CHF 30 and 40. In the US this would be around USD 15 and in Germany between EUR 10 and 20. Letting out the seam on your blazer will even cost close to CHF 100. I really don't understand those prices. A 30 % premium makes sense but charging more than twice?? 

Last but not least, don't trust the tailors on the classified website of Glocals. Most of them have no experience (my experience) in proper alterations of suits or are tailors and don't do alterations on your existing items. 

Cheers

My personal favorite tailor for alterations is Tartan Sükrü. He is great. His store is called Fil à Coudre in rue de la Rôtisserie 6, 1204 Geneva. Unfortunately he doesn't speak English but he is an expert for men's suits and knows exactly what to do. 

In case you have basic alterations (shortening pants, letting out the seams) you can also go to Globus Menwear department. No problem to get things altered there even if you didn't purchase your clothes there. 

However - please be warned that prices are extremly high in Geneva. It's close to being a ripoff. For example, letting out the seam for pants costs you between CHF 30 and 40. In the US this would be around USD 15 and in Germany between EUR 10 and 20. Letting out the seam on your blazer will even cost close to CHF 100. I really don't understand those prices. A 30 % premium makes sense but charging more than twice?? 

Last but not least, don't trust the tailors on the classified website of Glocals. Most of them have no experience (my experience) in proper alterations of suits or are tailors and don't do alterations on your existing items. 

Cheers

Manfred R, Nov 30, 2015 @ 14:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Hello 

Where can I find you?

Merci 

Hello 

Where can I find you?

Merci 

Miranta T, May 26, 2019 @ 17:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Hello 

Where can I find you?

Merci 

May 26, 19 17:56

Which post are you replying to ?

Also, the thread is almost four years old so the information may have changed in the meantime.

Which post are you replying to ?

Also, the thread is almost four years old so the information may have changed in the meantime.

Ritchie, May 26, 2019 @ 18:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Mursal Ali
40 Posts
Thanked 2 times

Post 6

Jun 11, 2013 @ 18:01

Mursal Ali
40 Posts
Thanked 2 times

Post 6

Jun 11, 2013 @ 18:01

Miranta T, May 26, 2019 @ 19:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

I noted the post above 

I am looking for a tailor to shorten trousers 

Merci 

I noted the post above 

I am looking for a tailor to shorten trousers 

Merci 

Miranta T, May 26, 2019 @ 19:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

I can highly recommend Jeanne-Marie, based in Eaux Vives. She does more sophisticated tailoring but also small alterations and repairs and speaks both English and French so you can discuss your alterations in whichever language you prefer...  Her ad is below, copy pasted from the classifieds section. Cheers, Eva 

Tailoring, dressmaking, home decorations, mending, etc. If you are interested, please send an e-mail to [email protected] or mobile 078 614 83 67. Thank you very much!

I can highly recommend Jeanne-Marie, based in Eaux Vives. She does more sophisticated tailoring but also small alterations and repairs and speaks both English and French so you can discuss your alterations in whichever language you prefer...  Her ad is below, copy pasted from the classifieds section. Cheers, Eva 

Tailoring, dressmaking, home decorations, mending, etc. If you are interested, please send an e-mail to [email protected] or mobile 078 614 83 67. Thank you very much!

Eva M, May 26, 2019 @ 19:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Hi,

Am sending you a PM regarding yor post looking for s/o to shorten trousers.

I did go to Musrsal Ali, who you mention, a few years ago, a couple of times  but she stopped answering.. maybe was too busy after the birth of another child she had..?

I then went to member of glocals `Renu G  (on 4th page of Proffesional services guide) who had also good prices, a nice lady, also working out of her home.

She shortened trousers on 2 occasions and changed a zip in a jacket, good work for both things, but not been to her since 2017. Suggest you PM her to see if she still is available for this kind of work

Good luck!

Hi,

Am sending you a PM regarding yor post looking for s/o to shorten trousers.

I did go to Musrsal Ali, who you mention, a few years ago, a couple of times  but she stopped answering.. maybe was too busy after the birth of another child she had..?

I then went to member of glocals `Renu G  (on 4th page of Proffesional services guide) who had also good prices, a nice lady, also working out of her home.

She shortened trousers on 2 occasions and changed a zip in a jacket, good work for both things, but not been to her since 2017. Suggest you PM her to see if she still is available for this kind of work

Good luck!

TogJay, May 27, 2019 @ 16:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

merci

merci