Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > No Pants Tram Ride in Geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
No Pants Tram Ride in Geneva

Hello guys and gals! I posted an event for the Annual No Pants Subway Ride on Jan 11 but in Lyon, France. I received a few suggestions to change it to Geneva.

Of course I would prefer to do it in Geneva or Lausanne, but chose Lyon as it is not that far, there is a real metro (sorry Lausanne hehe), it is lively on Sundays, lots of people to make laugh!!!

Also I was concerned that 'the law' might be more uptight about people rising around in their undies on the tram; that Geneva is dead on Sundays so therefor less fun with less people to amuse; and maybe not that important, but it is always a few degrees colder in Geneva than in Lyon.

Anyone with info/opinions on changing this event (or not) in Geneva? I have already publicized the event on forums directed for the Lyon region.

The text you are quoting:

Hello guys and gals! I posted an event for the Annual No Pants Subway Ride on Jan 11 but in Lyon, France. I received a few suggestions to change it to Geneva.

Of course I would prefer to do it in Geneva or Lausanne, but chose Lyon as it is not that far, there is a real metro (sorry Lausanne hehe), it is lively on Sundays, lots of people to make laugh!!!

Also I was concerned that 'the law' might be more uptight about people rising around in their undies on the tram; that Geneva is dead on Sundays so therefor less fun with less people to amuse; and maybe not that important, but it is always a few degrees colder in Geneva than in Lyon.

Anyone with info/opinions on changing this event (or not) in Geneva? I have already publicized the event on forums directed for the Lyon region.

Jacki KJan 1, 2015 @ 20:19
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

25 Replies | 2324 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: No Pants Tram Ride in Geneva
Post 1

Yes. One. Don't. And if you do, contact me and I shall certainly try and do my very best to bail you out once you got arrested.  

Yes. One. Don't. And if you do, contact me and I shall certainly try and do my very best to bail you out once you got arrested.  

Eva D, Jan 2, 2015 @ 13:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Eva seems to know better than Ido about law, but just to point it out, 2 minutes of research on the web leads to the penal code where :

- in Switzerland, on article 194, you can read that you can get up to 180 "jours amende" (more or less 180 days of your salary).

- in France, article 222-32, says up to a year of jail and 15'000€ of fine

I'm pretty sure things could get even worst if you organize it for a group... Not to break the fun but just to let you know.

Eva seems to know better than Ido about law, but just to point it out, 2 minutes of research on the web leads to the penal code where :

- in Switzerland, on article 194, you can read that you can get up to 180 "jours amende" (more or less 180 days of your salary).

- in France, article 222-32, says up to a year of jail and 15'000€ of fine

I'm pretty sure things could get even worst if you organize it for a group... Not to break the fun but just to let you know.

Pika, Jan 6, 2015 @ 22:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I disagree at least on a first glace with Pika. I doubt that Art. 194 is valid here, as the people dont wear pants but still wear underpants. So I am dubious, that this falls under the umbrella of exhibitionism. An other point is that exhibitionism has to have a sexual connotation, which the no pants event does not.

But again, I am not a lawyer.

I disagree at least on a first glace with Pika. I doubt that Art. 194 is valid here, as the people dont wear pants but still wear underpants. So I am dubious, that this falls under the umbrella of exhibitionism. An other point is that exhibitionism has to have a sexual connotation, which the no pants event does not.

But again, I am not a lawyer.

Alan S, Jan 7, 2015 @ 08:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

You're right Alan, that law is probably not the good one, but you never know...

You're right Alan, that law is probably not the good one, but you never know...

Pika, Jan 7, 2015 @ 09:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Just say it's art...

Just say it's art...

Casuistik, Jan 7, 2015 @ 09:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Just say it's art...

Jan 7, 15 09:48

In the eye of the beholder?

In the eye of the beholder?

Ritchie, Jan 7, 2015 @ 10:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

This caused enough havoc in Geneva ;-)

Tous à poil pour Desigual

http://www.lematin.ch/loisirs/mode-beaute/Tous-a-poil-pour-Desigual/story/31913766

This caused enough havoc in Geneva ;-)

Tous à poil pour Desigual

http://www.lematin.ch/loisirs/mode-beaute/Tous-a-poil-pour-Desigual/story/31913766

Oonagh, Jan 7, 2015 @ 10:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

All I can say is that I am glad I don't have to use public transport.

All I can say is that I am glad I don't have to use public transport.

nickg_44, Jan 19, 2015 @ 10:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Oh my Goodness!

Don't you have anything better to do?

Take care of our elderlies? Help the needy?

Please don't try to do it here in Lausanne.....

Oh my Goodness!

Angelica H, Jan 19, 2015 @ 14:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Oh my Goodness!

Jan 19, 15 14:07

Actually WILL plan an event to help the elderly, it is the No Pants Elderly Person's Subway Ride. Go ahead and sign up once I post it!

In fact, you don't know anything about what else I or anyone else here does to help (or not help) others. Now prepare yourself to be publicly shamed:

I almost died 6 times in the hospital between 2012 and 2013 waiting for my 2nd bipolar lung transplant. I go to CHUV on my own time 3 times a month now that I am recovered to talk to people who are hospitalised waiting for transplants (not only lungs). So if you want to judge me or anyone else for wanting to have fun be my guest. As you might not know,  normally kind, thoughtful people know to STFU before knowing the whole story.

Now if you want to come apologize to my face, I invite you for a coffee to do so and to show you all my scars. We can meet at the CHUV cafeteria if you'd like, I'm always there with nothing better to do.

Actually WILL plan an event to help the elderly, it is the No Pants Elderly Person's Subway Ride. Go ahead and sign up once I post it!

In fact, you don't know anything about what else I or anyone else here does to help (or not help) others. Now prepare yourself to be publicly shamed:

I almost died 6 times in the hospital between 2012 and 2013 waiting for my 2nd bipolar lung transplant. I go to CHUV on my own time 3 times a month now that I am recovered to talk to people who are hospitalised waiting for transplants (not only lungs). So if you want to judge me or anyone else for wanting to have fun be my guest. As you might not know,  normally kind, thoughtful people know to STFU before knowing the whole story.

Now if you want to come apologize to my face, I invite you for a coffee to do so and to show you all my scars. We can meet at the CHUV cafeteria if you'd like, I'm always there with nothing better to do.

Jacki K, Jan 22, 2015 @ 13:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Im just curious as to why you have to ride public transport with no pants? Couldn't you do something that could be possibly offensive to others. (Not me im not really fussed but there could be others)

I understand that it is for a good cause i am a massive advocate for supporting charities and also supporting the less priviledged. This seems to be possibly causing unneccessary unrest. 

Im just curious as to why you have to ride public transport with no pants? Couldn't you do something that could be possibly offensive to others. (Not me im not really fussed but there could be others)

I understand that it is for a good cause i am a massive advocate for supporting charities and also supporting the less priviledged. This seems to be possibly causing unneccessary unrest. 

Clark Sherwood, Jan 22, 2015 @ 13:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Hi Clark, if people are offended, well, there's really nothing one can do about that. I could offend people with my Kim Jung Un playing basketball tshirt. You really recommend living in fear of 'possibly offending' others? It's people in their underwear, not an anti-Semitic rally.

The spirit of the event IS to make people feel a little uncomfortable and hopefully laugh, the point is that it is ridiculous. In New York people laugh. I feel like I'm living amongst Puritans with no sense of humor or something with some of these replies. Sad place here it seems.

Anyway the event is over so....

Hi Clark, if people are offended, well, there's really nothing one can do about that. I could offend people with my Kim Jung Un playing basketball tshirt. You really recommend living in fear of 'possibly offending' others? It's people in their underwear, not an anti-Semitic rally.

The spirit of the event IS to make people feel a little uncomfortable and hopefully laugh, the point is that it is ridiculous. In New York people laugh. I feel like I'm living amongst Puritans with no sense of humor or something with some of these replies. Sad place here it seems.

Anyway the event is over so....

Jacki K, Jan 22, 2015 @ 14:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

AOrry, wait...what does this have to do with helping or not helping the needy or less privileged?

I mean, do you spend every waking moment volunteering? Do you ever watch sports? Have a drink at a bar? Space out? Play a video game? I think a social event like this is much more useful socially (as in providing a social event for human beings together) than going to work for some lame corporation 8 hours a day. So what is a waste of time, really?

Jesus I am sorry but this level of thickness sometimes is bewildering?!

AOrry, wait...what does this have to do with helping or not helping the needy or less privileged?

I mean, do you spend every waking moment volunteering? Do you ever watch sports? Have a drink at a bar? Space out? Play a video game? I think a social event like this is much more useful socially (as in providing a social event for human beings together) than going to work for some lame corporation 8 hours a day. So what is a waste of time, really?

Jesus I am sorry but this level of thickness sometimes is bewildering?!

Jacki K, Jan 22, 2015 @ 14:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Jacki please  refrain from becoming so irate in regards to this subject.

I fully respect what you are doing, but every opportunity that i am not working yes i do try to volunteer. What i get up to in my personal time is none of your business and in reflection to my above post i was quite reserved in my opinion.

Becasue people disagree with you doesn't mean they don't support what you do. Please refrain from your hostility otherwise you are souring the hardwork you are putting in to raise awareness for this.

Jacki please  refrain from becoming so irate in regards to this subject.

I fully respect what you are doing, but every opportunity that i am not working yes i do try to volunteer. What i get up to in my personal time is none of your business and in reflection to my above post i was quite reserved in my opinion.

Becasue people disagree with you doesn't mean they don't support what you do. Please refrain from your hostility otherwise you are souring the hardwork you are putting in to raise awareness for this.

Clark Sherwood, Jan 22, 2015 @ 15:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

Hi Clark, I am  bewildered by Angelica's reply, not by what you said. She was insinuating it is not worthwhile to spend any time doing anything that doesn't hellp the needy, etc, which is completely ludicrous. I know you said the event did not particularly offend you.

Your point about what you do in your free time is exactly my point to Angelica. So there we are in agreement.  And certainly i am not irate, just completely bewildered at this kind of 'logic.'

Hi Clark, I am  bewildered by Angelica's reply, not by what you said. She was insinuating it is not worthwhile to spend any time doing anything that doesn't hellp the needy, etc, which is completely ludicrous. I know you said the event did not particularly offend you.

Your point about what you do in your free time is exactly my point to Angelica. So there we are in agreement.  And certainly i am not irate, just completely bewildered at this kind of 'logic.'

Jacki K, Jan 22, 2015 @ 15:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

@Clark Sherwood: You are a strange one. You say: "What i get up to in my personal time is none of your business" but only to bitch about people doing stuff in their personal time. Why don't you be less of a hypocrite and give them the same right as you ask for yourself, to do what you or they want in their personal time without others making that their business?

@Clark Sherwood: You are a strange one. You say: "What i get up to in my personal time is none of your business" but only to bitch about people doing stuff in their personal time. Why don't you be less of a hypocrite and give them the same right as you ask for yourself, to do what you or they want in their personal time without others making that their business?

Alan S, Jan 22, 2015 @ 15:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

I think offended is the wrong word, and a word which is used way too frequently. Very little offends me. Each to their own. I wouldn't be offended by this, I would just look at you all and think privately to myself that you are all a bunch of self imposing weirdos, regardless of the cause. 

In the beginning of this thread, and at no point in between, have you mentioned that this was for charity. Initially it was just a crazy thing to do. So wacky. 

I don't see why you need to go round making yourself look like an idiot for charity but good luck with your charity day.

I think offended is the wrong word, and a word which is used way too frequently. Very little offends me. Each to their own. I wouldn't be offended by this, I would just look at you all and think privately to myself that you are all a bunch of self imposing weirdos, regardless of the cause. 

In the beginning of this thread, and at no point in between, have you mentioned that this was for charity. Initially it was just a crazy thing to do. So wacky. 

I don't see why you need to go round making yourself look like an idiot for charity but good luck with your charity day.

nickg_44, Jan 22, 2015 @ 15:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18

It is NOT for charity. Yell Ok, I'm out. Reading comprehension is seriously lacking, i can't take it.

Educate yourselves:

http://improveverywhere.com/missions/the-no-pants-subway-ride/

It is NOT for charity. Yell Ok, I'm out. Reading comprehension is seriously lacking, i can't take it.

Educate yourselves:

http://improveverywhere.com/missions/the-no-pants-subway-ride/

Jacki K, Jan 22, 2015 @ 15:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19

A boring town... but we allready know that. Anythings a bit uncomon will be see has stupid, idiot, dangerous, lame, ...

What a shame.

A boring town... but we allready know that. Anythings a bit uncomon will be see has stupid, idiot, dangerous, lame, ...

What a shame.

simon p, Jan 22, 2015 @ 17:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20

Nobody is stopping you taking off your trousers, Simon. 

nickg_44, Jan 22, 2015 @ 17:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 21

Jan 22, 15 17:42

Ha ha ha, nickg_44 you're the best. I'm your biggest fan. Simon's post is pretty dumb. It comes from nowhere. Dear Simon if you want to take off yours pants, go for it but PLEASE go sunbathing before....

Hi Jaki K,

I won't take my words back because your event still doesn't make sense for me  BUT on the other hand I really really liked your hot tempered character because I am exactly like you. You were pissed off with me and you didn't bottle up your feelings. What can I say? I appreciate you more and more. And I am sure if we have a cup of tea we'll get on like a house on fire. Maybe we're soulmates. Who knows? I'm curious to meet you my friend-to-be.

Ha ha ha, nickg_44 you're the best. I'm your biggest fan. Simon's post is pretty dumb. It comes from nowhere. Dear Simon if you want to take off yours pants, go for it but PLEASE go sunbathing before....

Hi Jaki K,

I won't take my words back because your event still doesn't make sense for me  BUT on the other hand I really really liked your hot tempered character because I am exactly like you. You were pissed off with me and you didn't bottle up your feelings. What can I say? I appreciate you more and more. And I am sure if we have a cup of tea we'll get on like a house on fire. Maybe we're soulmates. Who knows? I'm curious to meet you my friend-to-be.

Angelica H, Jan 23, 2015 @ 09:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 22

you don t understand Jacki, actually what she is doing is necessary her  for to show her  scars, it is necessary for her psychological healing. 

Initially i disagreed with the action totally, but hen i read about Jacki explanation of her heroic struggle. i felt these feelings

1) i agree with jacki, go jacki hit the road as you want, after all it is not that bad to see a good looking brunette without pants !

2) i felt ashamed because another time my opinion was negative and i was going to write against this no pant action, judging without knowing

3) now i got a lesson about compassion , and not to be too much in hast to judge others.

god bless you jacki and help you , all my best wishes

you don t understand Jacki, actually what she is doing is necessary her  for to show her  scars, it is necessary for her psychological healing. 

Initially i disagreed with the action totally, but hen i read about Jacki explanation of her heroic struggle. i felt these feelings

1) i agree with jacki, go jacki hit the road as you want, after all it is not that bad to see a good looking brunette without pants !

2) i felt ashamed because another time my opinion was negative and i was going to write against this no pant action, judging without knowing

3) now i got a lesson about compassion , and not to be too much in hast to judge others.

god bless you jacki and help you , all my best wishes

gaudi, Jan 23, 2015 @ 16:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 23

Hi Jaki K,

Jan 23, 15 09:28

Well, maybe you are being optimistic about the friends part. Normally I don't get along with those who lack imagination, a sense of humor, and who are square. And I really doubt that we are alike.

If you'd like to join me and actually explain your position with some actual arguments as to why it is not worthwhile to spend some time doing stuff that does not benefit the needy, etc., (yes, an argument, versus saying that things like Simon's post just are 'dumb') I will be at CHUV on Monday the 26th. I should be done at about noon. And I am not pissed off at you personally, not pissed off at all really. Like I said, just bewildered by your 'logic.'

Anyway, keep having fun on this thread, I won't be visiting it again, but will be waiting for a private message from you about meeting at CHUV on Monday.

Well, maybe you are being optimistic about the friends part. Normally I don't get along with those who lack imagination, a sense of humor, and who are square. And I really doubt that we are alike.

If you'd like to join me and actually explain your position with some actual arguments as to why it is not worthwhile to spend some time doing stuff that does not benefit the needy, etc., (yes, an argument, versus saying that things like Simon's post just are 'dumb') I will be at CHUV on Monday the 26th. I should be done at about noon. And I am not pissed off at you personally, not pissed off at all really. Like I said, just bewildered by your 'logic.'

Anyway, keep having fun on this thread, I won't be visiting it again, but will be waiting for a private message from you about meeting at CHUV on Monday.

Jacki K, Jan 23, 2015 @ 17:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 24

How is this town so conservative? There are shop windows and advertising posters all over the city that display  more flesh, more provocatively than this event seems designed to do.

How is this town so conservative? There are shop windows and advertising posters all over the city that display  more flesh, more provocatively than this event seems designed to do.

Mo A, Jan 23, 2015 @ 17:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 25

Anw people stop fighting. Did the no pants ride happen or not? 

Anw people stop fighting. Did the no pants ride happen or not? 

Maria_, Jan 24, 2015 @ 02:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
25 Replies | 2324 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form