Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > OCP VISA Help =(

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
OCP VISA Help =(

I am here now on a short term visa as my graduate program requires me to move alot.. But I am attempting to stay in GE as my permanent location for school work so I can take a research assistant/Internship position.  However the website is not so English friendly.. would anyone be kind enough to point me in the direction of the application I need.

Thank you!!

Alexis

The text you are quoting:

I am here now on a short term visa as my graduate program requires me to move alot.. But I am attempting to stay in GE as my permanent location for school work so I can take a research assistant/Internship position.  However the website is not so English friendly.. would anyone be kind enough to point me in the direction of the application I need.

Thank you!!

Alexis

LexillentOct 25, 2010 @ 17:29
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 1650 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: OCP VISA Help =(
Post 1

I'd say that the Canton responds to general Federal regulations. 

They point to the Federal site.

Here's the link in English. 

http://www.bfm.admin.ch/content/bfm/en/home/themen/arbeit/nicht-eu_efta-angehoerige.html

They make a difference between study and internships but I've met a lot of people who have student visas but work only 20h/week. 

For an internship full time you'll need a work permit because it's 40hr/week. B permit is better and it can go 5 years for US citizens. 

Tell us the pages on the OCP site precisely that you need translating and we'll help out more.

Have a great evening ! 

Ioan

I'd say that the Canton responds to general Federal regulations. 

They point to the Federal site.

Here's the link in English. 

http://www.bfm.admin.ch/content/bfm/en/home/themen/arbeit/nicht-eu_efta-angehoerige.html

They make a difference between study and internships but I've met a lot of people who have student visas but work only 20h/week. 

For an internship full time you'll need a work permit because it's 40hr/week. B permit is better and it can go 5 years for US citizens. 

Tell us the pages on the OCP site precisely that you need translating and we'll help out more.

Have a great evening ! 

Ioan

Ioan Caltun, Oct 25, 2010 @ 18:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Working as a trainee in CH

http://www.swissemigration.ch/themen/stagiaires/index.html?lang=en

Working as a trainee in CH

http://www.swissemigration.ch/themen/stagiaires/index.html?lang=en

Ioan Caltun, Oct 25, 2010 @ 18:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Thanks for the tips.. I got all the forms and such.. Actually it was no different than the forms I did for my previous visa.. my school was a bit silly.. Now I just cross my fingers and hope it works out.. or off to China I go =(

Thanks for the tips.. I got all the forms and such.. Actually it was no different than the forms I did for my previous visa.. my school was a bit silly.. Now I just cross my fingers and hope it works out.. or off to China I go =(

Lexillent, Oct 27, 2010 @ 21:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Good luck and you're most welcome ! 

Good luck and you're most welcome ! 

Ioan Caltun, Oct 28, 2010 @ 09:07