Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Orange Offer

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Orange Offer

The Orange offer through Glocals is not a good offer:

1. The video strongly suggests that they all speak english. After visiting three different store fronts in Geneva, I finally found one sales person who spoke broken english. During my first month in Geneva this was a big selling point since my french is not very good.

2. The other big selling point, the "free Internet Everywhere" is not free. It is discounted and the USB dongle has been discontinued because of some serious issues. They're just trying to dump some bad product on unsuspecting consumers. Fortunately, I was able to find a second party hack to make the stupid thing work. But it only works less than half the time and the connection speed approaches that of the dial-up connection that I had in the 90's. I simply don't use it and nobody in their right mind will buy the thing.

3. It took two and a half hours (after waiting for one half hour) to set up the contract. I suspect that some of this had to do with my foreign status. I was in the middle of my work day. Since then I have learned that this is a consistent feature of living here. Everything takes about two to three time longer than to what I am accustomed. I like it now, but at the time it was a huge smack in the face.

In the end, because I pay for a service that I don't use, I actually pay more with the glocals offer than if I had just walked in off the street.

Good times.

The text you are quoting:

The Orange offer through Glocals is not a good offer:

1. The video strongly suggests that they all speak english. After visiting three different store fronts in Geneva, I finally found one sales person who spoke broken english. During my first month in Geneva this was a big selling point since my french is not very good.

2. The other big selling point, the "free Internet Everywhere" is not free. It is discounted and the USB dongle has been discontinued because of some serious issues. They're just trying to dump some bad product on unsuspecting consumers. Fortunately, I was able to find a second party hack to make the stupid thing work. But it only works less than half the time and the connection speed approaches that of the dial-up connection that I had in the 90's. I simply don't use it and nobody in their right mind will buy the thing.

3. It took two and a half hours (after waiting for one half hour) to set up the contract. I suspect that some of this had to do with my foreign status. I was in the middle of my work day. Since then I have learned that this is a consistent feature of living here. Everything takes about two to three time longer than to what I am accustomed. I like it now, but at the time it was a huge smack in the face.

In the end, because I pay for a service that I don't use, I actually pay more with the glocals offer than if I had just walked in off the street.

Good times.

Bryan SellJun 23, 2010 @ 14:42
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

0 Replies | 843 Views      |  Send to friend

No replies posted yet.
0 Replies | 843 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form