Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Ordonnance Penale

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Ordonnance Penale

Hello Glocals Community,

I need an advise on a "Ordonnance Penale" received for CHF 1090 as I overtake a car with my scooter in Quai de Cologny, the driver apparently did not see me and he bump into my scooter.

None of us had any damage so we exchanged the plate numbers.

Later on the driver has contacted the Police and told them that I run away, story that after discussion with the Police turned out not be true, in any way they told me that I'm not allowed to overtake a car when there are two lanes going in the same directions and that I would receive a fine of CHF 140.00.

A few months later I receive an ordonnance penale of CHF 1090.

I contested the fine and now they wrote me that they have forwarded the case to the Tribunal de Police and if I pay the full amount withing 10 days they close the case, if I do not pay I will be called in front of a judge and I need to find a lawyer!!!

I do not know what to do, I do not understand how they came up with the fine of CHF 1090 and I need a legal opinion... Can anyone please advise on the consequnces if I do not pay? Can I loose my working permit? Any Lawyer within this community that can help me?

I thank you in advance for all you suggestions.

Monica Cry

The text you are quoting:

Hello Glocals Community,

I need an advise on a "Ordonnance Penale" received for CHF 1090 as I overtake a car with my scooter in Quai de Cologny, the driver apparently did not see me and he bump into my scooter.

None of us had any damage so we exchanged the plate numbers.

Later on the driver has contacted the Police and told them that I run away, story that after discussion with the Police turned out not be true, in any way they told me that I'm not allowed to overtake a car when there are two lanes going in the same directions and that I would receive a fine of CHF 140.00.

A few months later I receive an ordonnance penale of CHF 1090.

I contested the fine and now they wrote me that they have forwarded the case to the Tribunal de Police and if I pay the full amount withing 10 days they close the case, if I do not pay I will be called in front of a judge and I need to find a lawyer!!!

I do not know what to do, I do not understand how they came up with the fine of CHF 1090 and I need a legal opinion... Can anyone please advise on the consequnces if I do not pay? Can I loose my working permit? Any Lawyer within this community that can help me?

I thank you in advance for all you suggestions.

Monica Cry

monica mMar 20, 2018 @ 10:43
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 1063 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Ordonnance Penale
Post 1

Uh ... I do not wish it to anyone; ( (Protestant center)

https://map.search.ch/CSP-Centre-Social-Protestant,Genève,rue-du-Village-Suisse-14

they can already explain the situation and their fees are around 10% in general if you do not win a lot situation change ... and you have to see the police also who gave the information at the start ..

https://map.search.ch/CSP-Centre-Social-Protestant,Genève,rue-du-Village-Suisse-14

they can already explain the situation and their fees are around 10% in general if you do not win a lot situation change ... and you have to see the police also who gave the information at the start ..

Hanifa o, Mar 20, 2018 @ 11:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Ordonnance Penale
Post 2

Mar 20, 18 11:20

You need to go to the CSP very early if you want to see someone. Your liability insurance may also cover you - you can call them and then ask yoru lawyer to check.

You need to go to the CSP very early if you want to see someone. Your liability insurance may also cover you - you can call them and then ask yoru lawyer to check.

Sean C, Mar 20, 2018 @ 14:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 1063 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form