Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Our Cat is missing near Nyon.

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Our Cat is missing near Nyon.

Hi Everyone.   I need some help.  Our cat who we had flown over here from California is missing for three weeks.  We live in Grens .   We have papered our little village with flyers and the recycling center near our house but I am wondering what else we can do.  He wasn't wearing a collar but does have a Swiss chip.  

I think he could be in a neighboring town like Nyon.  Perhaps someone picked him up and has adopted him not realizing that there is a loving family including his brother cat who miss him terribly.  

He got freaked out the day the furniture arrived and ran out the door.  

Any suggestions of what to do, where to post flyers or whom to contact would be most appreciated.  

i can try to post some pictures of him.  

Thanks very much.  

Laura-Jean Anderson  

If you have found a beautiful Maine Coon Mix cat his name is Tai. He has a white patch under his chin and he is really long.  You can call my husband Jim Pooley at 079-616-0430.  We are all desperate to find him.  

The text you are quoting:

Hi Everyone.   I need some help.  Our cat who we had flown over here from California is missing for three weeks.  We live in Grens .   We have papered our little village with flyers and the recycling center near our house but I am wondering what else we can do.  He wasn't wearing a collar but does have a Swiss chip.  

I think he could be in a neighboring town like Nyon.  Perhaps someone picked him up and has adopted him not realizing that there is a loving family including his brother cat who miss him terribly.  

He got freaked out the day the furniture arrived and ran out the door.  

Any suggestions of what to do, where to post flyers or whom to contact would be most appreciated.  

i can try to post some pictures of him.  

Thanks very much.  

Laura-Jean Anderson  

If you have found a beautiful Maine Coon Mix cat his name is Tai. He has a white patch under his chin and he is really long.  You can call my husband Jim Pooley at 079-616-0430.  We are all desperate to find him.  

Laura-Jean AJul 1, 2010 @ 07:40
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 1318 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Our Cat is missing near Nyon.
Post 1

You can have a look on anibis.ch for chat perdu or trouve or post your own ad

http://www.anibis.ch/c/010101

http://www.svpa.ch/

http://www.sos-chats.ch/

You can have a look on anibis.ch for chat perdu or trouve or post your own ad

http://www.anibis.ch/c/010101

http://www.svpa.ch/

http://www.sos-chats.ch/

Melanienyc, Jul 1, 2010 @ 09:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I assume that your cat has been living indoors. Cats not used to outdoors usually don't go far, they just hide in whatever place happens to be near and stay there. Two tips:

- put outside a plate with his favorite food

- late in the evening take his brother cat, put him into a cage and walk around where you live. It would even help if the cat in the cage would make sound. Take a flashlight with you and listen very carefully. Even a big cat can fit into an amazingly small hole.

The good thing is that it is warm outside so no fear of freezing. Cats can survive quite a long time without food and drink.

Good luck!

I assume that your cat has been living indoors. Cats not used to outdoors usually don't go far, they just hide in whatever place happens to be near and stay there. Two tips:

- late in the evening take his brother cat, put him into a cage and walk around where you live. It would even help if the cat in the cage would make sound. Take a flashlight with you and listen very carefully. Even a big cat can fit into an amazingly small hole.

The good thing is that it is warm outside so no fear of freezing. Cats can survive quite a long time without food and drink.

Good luck!

David S, Jul 2, 2010 @ 13:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Here is a photo of our boy Tai.  

Here is a photo of our boy Tai.  

Laura-Jean A, Jul 3, 2010 @ 22:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Here is another photo from three years ago during the summer months.  He tends to loose his fluffiness in the summer.  

Here is another photo from three years ago during the summer months.  He tends to loose his fluffiness in the summer.  

Laura-Jean A, Jul 3, 2010 @ 22:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

HI Everyone!   I just wanted to keep you posted that we have had a possible sighting of our cat.   Some women were out walking with their dog and the dog chased a cat .  It was in a field between Grens and Borex.   He had  a  fluffy tail and could have been a Maine Coon.  They had seen the posting on of one of the sites.  

Thanks very much to everyone who has contacted me and those of you who are sending good thoughts and prayers!   He may be coming home soon!   I will let you know when he does : )

Laura-Jean

HI Everyone!   I just wanted to keep you posted that we have had a possible sighting of our cat.   Some women were out walking with their dog and the dog chased a cat .  It was in a field between Grens and Borex.   He had  a  fluffy tail and could have been a Maine Coon.  They had seen the posting on of one of the sites.  

Thanks very much to everyone who has contacted me and those of you who are sending good thoughts and prayers!   He may be coming home soon!   I will let you know when he does : )

Laura-Jean

Laura-Jean A, Jul 8, 2010 @ 16:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Good luck!

Jul 2, 10 13:43

I agree with this advice completely.  One of my cats jumped through an open window while with my roommate one day.  I came home 5 hours later to find her gone.  I scoured the neighborhood looking for.  I found her by walking James (my other cat) on a 8-figured leash calling her name.   She was in an old abandoned lot hiding in the trees just around the corner.  I really send you all my wishes! Just keep looking.

I agree with this advice completely.  One of my cats jumped through an open window while with my roommate one day.  I came home 5 hours later to find her gone.  I scoured the neighborhood looking for.  I found her by walking James (my other cat) on a 8-figured leash calling her name.   She was in an old abandoned lot hiding in the trees just around the corner.  I really send you all my wishes! Just keep looking.

AmandaG, Jul 8, 2010 @ 17:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hello Laura -Jean,

You might call /check with pet associations that take care of pets when they are given by their owners or found in the street... typical association would be SPA (societe protectrice des animaux).

I hope you find him soon.

Good luck ,

Karima

Hello Laura -Jean,

You might call /check with pet associations that take care of pets when they are given by their owners or found in the street... typical association would be SPA (societe protectrice des animaux).

I hope you find him soon.

Good luck ,

Karima

Karima A, Jul 8, 2010 @ 17:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 1318 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form