Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Oven/Cooktop Hood Filter Replacement

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Oven/Cooktop Hood Filter Replacement

Hi, I’m currently moving out of my apt. and have been told that I need to replace the filter of my cooktop oven hood. It’s a Bauknecht brand. Anyone know where I can (quickly) purchase one? Preferably a brick/mortar location?

Thanks in advance.

The text you are quoting:

Hi, I’m currently moving out of my apt. and have been told that I need to replace the filter of my cooktop oven hood. It’s a Bauknecht brand. Anyone know where I can (quickly) purchase one? Preferably a brick/mortar location?

Thanks in advance.

CH KNov 24, 2015 @ 10:08
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 964 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Oven/Cooktop Hood Filter Replacement
Post 1

A picture of the oven hood would help. Normally, you can buy a generic filter at Migros and cut it down (with normal scissors) to size - no need to buy a manufacturer specific filter.

A picture of the oven hood would help. Normally, you can buy a generic filter at Migros and cut it down (with normal scissors) to size - no need to buy a manufacturer specific filter.

Matthew W, Nov 24, 2015 @ 14:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Nov 24, 15 14:35

Matthew,

I currently don't have a picture of it, but it's the standard type that needs to be fitted into the cabinets, no metal hood if that makes sense.

Thanks a ton for the info as it seems the filter is just the sponge material and doesn't even come in a casing. Would it be this?

https://produits.migros.ch/filtre-a-graisse-pour-hotte-daspiration

Thanks so much once more

Matthew,

I currently don't have a picture of it, but it's the standard type that needs to be fitted into the cabinets, no metal hood if that makes sense.

Thanks a ton for the info as it seems the filter is just the sponge material and doesn't even come in a casing. Would it be this?

https://produits.migros.ch/filtre-a-graisse-pour-hotte-daspiration

Thanks so much once more

CH K, Nov 24, 2015 @ 16:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Yep, that is what you are looking for.  Normally they are grey and have charcoal inside them to actually absorb the grease in the cooking steam but indeed any will do and you just cut it to the size of your hood.

Yep, that is what you are looking for.  Normally they are grey and have charcoal inside them to actually absorb the grease in the cooking steam but indeed any will do and you just cut it to the size of your hood.

hucklewoo, Nov 24, 2015 @ 16:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Thanks! you just saved me a ton of money (well assumption since I contacted Bauknecht and they claim I have to order it through them). But I have friends that were charged 300 CHF by their regie for not replacing it!

With that said, you seem to be quite familiar with cook top ovens? Any advice on fixing scratched ceramic cooktops? I bought the cleaner at migros and once the solution driess the scratch (looks like grey fading/wear and tear) is visible once more. 

Think it needs to be replaced? Or can i somehow buffer it out?

Thanks! you just saved me a ton of money (well assumption since I contacted Bauknecht and they claim I have to order it through them). But I have friends that were charged 300 CHF by their regie for not replacing it!

With that said, you seem to be quite familiar with cook top ovens? Any advice on fixing scratched ceramic cooktops? I bought the cleaner at migros and once the solution driess the scratch (looks like grey fading/wear and tear) is visible once more. 

Think it needs to be replaced? Or can i somehow buffer it out?

CH K, Nov 24, 2015 @ 16:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 964 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form