Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Park-Management SARL

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Park-Management SARL

Good evening,

I am wondering if anybody has any kind of tips or experiences in dealing with Park-Management enterprise (private parking fine collectors). To make the story short, I have found a very pushy note with a CHF 30 "fine" after leaving a car for 5 minutes next to my building to deposit my groceries upon return from shopping in France on Saturday night (9.20 p.m.) in November. The note baically blackmailed me with a criminal complaint in case I would not pay a "fine" within 5 days. Having mailed them a very detailed contestation (by registered mail) right away, I have received a reminder today (1.5 months later), which states that they have not heard from me and suggests that I need to now pay them CHF 35 (including a reminder fee) within 3 days "from the receipt of the letter" (dated 3 Janury) or call them if I want to contest (CHF 1 a minute). This new correspondence has also added "circulation on private land" to my "undue parking" charge. 

This is more a matter of a principle than of money, surely, and I know I am not a lonely sufferer (similar cases are, inter alia, described here: http://www.tdg.ch/geneve/actu-genevoise/societe-privee-dresse-amendes-encaisse/story/23652108 and here http://www.ghi.ch/le-journal/la-une/stationnement-prive-chantage-lamende), yet, it could be great to know about any experiences in dealing with this enterprise. 

Many thanks in advance!

The text you are quoting:

Good evening,

I am wondering if anybody has any kind of tips or experiences in dealing with Park-Management enterprise (private parking fine collectors). To make the story short, I have found a very pushy note with a CHF 30 "fine" after leaving a car for 5 minutes next to my building to deposit my groceries upon return from shopping in France on Saturday night (9.20 p.m.) in November. The note baically blackmailed me with a criminal complaint in case I would not pay a "fine" within 5 days. Having mailed them a very detailed contestation (by registered mail) right away, I have received a reminder today (1.5 months later), which states that they have not heard from me and suggests that I need to now pay them CHF 35 (including a reminder fee) within 3 days "from the receipt of the letter" (dated 3 Janury) or call them if I want to contest (CHF 1 a minute). This new correspondence has also added "circulation on private land" to my "undue parking" charge. 

This is more a matter of a principle than of money, surely, and I know I am not a lonely sufferer (similar cases are, inter alia, described here: http://www.tdg.ch/geneve/actu-genevoise/societe-privee-dresse-amendes-encaisse/story/23652108 and here http://www.ghi.ch/le-journal/la-une/stationnement-prive-chantage-lamende), yet, it could be great to know about any experiences in dealing with this enterprise. 

Many thanks in advance!

Leonila GJan 11, 2017 @ 22:59
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 1322 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Park-Management SARL
Post 1

Good evening,

Many thanks in advance!

Jan 11, 17 22:59

1) You were parked on the wrong spot - fact.

2) The penalty is verified.

3) Unless you are handicapped, off-loading the grocery is not a reason to park where you shoud not.

Joke aside, you can send them an e-mail, call them and send the copy of the registered letter to avoid paying CHF 5 extra and pay the 30 CHF.

Matter closed. Otherwise, you can really end up with the police. I am afraid they wont be interested in the grocery shopping story either.

P.s. I got once CHF 120...and directly from the police. I parked on the pavement - same story. Shopping in France and trying to unpack it. After that I looked for a real parking place and invested in a lovely shopping trolley and do two rounds in necessary. No need to pay a fine if we follow the rules.

1) You were parked on the wrong spot - fact.

2) The penalty is verified.

3) Unless you are handicapped, off-loading the grocery is not a reason to park where you shoud not.

Joke aside, you can send them an e-mail, call them and send the copy of the registered letter to avoid paying CHF 5 extra and pay the 30 CHF.

Matter closed. Otherwise, you can really end up with the police. I am afraid they wont be interested in the grocery shopping story either.

P.s. I got once CHF 120...and directly from the police. I parked on the pavement - same story. Shopping in France and trying to unpack it. After that I looked for a real parking place and invested in a lovely shopping trolley and do two rounds in necessary. No need to pay a fine if we follow the rules.

Reka Y, Jan 12, 2017 @ 00:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi, Reka,

many thanks for your feedback. [May I ask you if you are working for them by chance?]

I do not really mind justified police fines (yet could probably have contested those of them I would not find to be due), being, as I have indicated above, more interested in "fines" issued by Park-Manegement at the moment... Not even "fines", but kind "proposals to settle the matter amicably" against some CHF...

I do mind, however, a little abusive entity blacklmailing me (and, apparently, not only me). Here, the situation is slightly contestable, to say the least, since, according to the traffic law and relevant federal jurisprudence (I can go into details, if you wish to), as a tennant, I have a right to enter a designated private road leading to my building and STOP (which is different from parking) to load, unload, pick passengers. If things go further, I will, no doubt, contest their complaint before the police, I do have materials ready and waiting...

And, as I have noted, I have sent them contestation via registered mail one day after I have received my "fine". Now, 1.5 month later, they have probably decided I need to invest at least a bit of cash in them by making a paid call to explain the same I have written. Apparently, police works in a bit different way even on this level.

Hi, Reka,

many thanks for your feedback. [May I ask you if you are working for them by chance?]

I do not really mind justified police fines (yet could probably have contested those of them I would not find to be due), being, as I have indicated above, more interested in "fines" issued by Park-Manegement at the moment... Not even "fines", but kind "proposals to settle the matter amicably" against some CHF...

I do mind, however, a little abusive entity blacklmailing me (and, apparently, not only me). Here, the situation is slightly contestable, to say the least, since, according to the traffic law and relevant federal jurisprudence (I can go into details, if you wish to), as a tennant, I have a right to enter a designated private road leading to my building and STOP (which is different from parking) to load, unload, pick passengers. If things go further, I will, no doubt, contest their complaint before the police, I do have materials ready and waiting...

And, as I have noted, I have sent them contestation via registered mail one day after I have received my "fine". Now, 1.5 month later, they have probably decided I need to invest at least a bit of cash in them by making a paid call to explain the same I have written. Apparently, police works in a bit different way even on this level.

Leonila G, Jan 12, 2017 @ 08:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi, Reka,

Jan 12, 17 08:27

The problem with contesting anything in Switzerland is it takes forever and you keep getting reminders and in the mean time it will lead to legal troubles for you. Pay the fine and then contest. If your are justified, you will be refunded if not you count it as a lesson learnt. But to be honest I really do not see what is there to contest here. You were parked in the wrong place and whether you recognise their authority or not they are recognised by the state and that is actually all that matters.

The problem with contesting anything in Switzerland is it takes forever and you keep getting reminders and in the mean time it will lead to legal troubles for you. Pay the fine and then contest. If your are justified, you will be refunded if not you count it as a lesson learnt. But to be honest I really do not see what is there to contest here. You were parked in the wrong place and whether you recognise their authority or not they are recognised by the state and that is actually all that matters.

Marcy S, Jan 12, 2017 @ 15:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi, Reka,

Jan 12, 17 08:27

haha. KissNo but there are causes for there is a real reason to fight and there are some for which not.  Sometimes it is just good to let it go. Makes my life at least happier.

Good luck with your fight.

haha. KissNo but there are causes for there is a real reason to fight and there are some for which not.  Sometimes it is just good to let it go. Makes my life at least happier.

Good luck with your fight.

Reka Y, Jan 12, 2017 @ 17:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 1322 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form