Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Permis C extensions, for independents

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Permis C extensions, for independents

Permis C extensions for Brit working as independent

Yesterday 10:06

Hi there

How do Permis C extensions / renewals work? I need to reach out to OCP? Or does it get renewed /  rejected 'automatically'?

Wondering how Brexit may affect my status?

And also the independent status - I make up this makes me less attractive than a regular employee.

All insights welcome.

Thanks

Simone

The text you are quoting:

Permis C extensions for Brit working as independent

Yesterday 10:06

Hi there

How do Permis C extensions / renewals work? I need to reach out to OCP? Or does it get renewed /  rejected 'automatically'?

And also the independent status - I make up this makes me less attractive than a regular employee.

All insights welcome.

Thanks

Simone

SimSimJul 18, 2016 @ 10:16
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 978 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Permis C extensions, for independents
Post 1

https://www.eda.admin.ch/dea/en/home/dienstleistungen-publikationen/faq/faq-brexit-beziehunge-schweiz-eu.html

I might be wrong but a Permit C is a residence permit, not subject to renewal.

Also, everywhere in the news etc. it was stated that the Bern has opened a helpline to scarred Brits to give them adequate information.

I think it would be worth to follow up on the news on tv or read local newspapers and read the law on permits that is also available in English in the website of the administration. Wink

https://www.eda.admin.ch/dea/en/home/dienstleistungen-publikationen/faq/faq-brexit-beziehunge-schweiz-eu.html

I might be wrong but a Permit C is a residence permit, not subject to renewal.

Also, everywhere in the news etc. it was stated that the Bern has opened a helpline to scarred Brits to give them adequate information.

I think it would be worth to follow up on the news on tv or read local newspapers and read the law on permits that is also available in English in the website of the administration. Wink

Reka Y, Jul 18, 2016 @ 12:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Permis C extensions for Brit working as independent Yesterday 10:06

Hi there

All insights welcome.

Thanks

Simone

Jul 18, 16 10:16

Simone

It should be renewed without problems assuming you have an adresse and have medical cover.  

You may have to show details of resources but not upon renewal.

I do not think Brexit has an impact.  

Hope that helps.

Maurice

Simone

It should be renewed without problems assuming you have an adresse and have medical cover.  

You may have to show details of resources but not upon renewal.

I do not think Brexit has an impact.  

Hope that helps.

Maurice

Maurice H, Jul 18, 2016 @ 12:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi,

C permits are granted for longer periods than B permits. Therefore, a renewal shall only be requested before the term (usually after five years, instead of 1 year for a B permit). Its' not automatic and a form shall be filed. Following link for Geneva: http://ge.ch/population/prestations/prolongation-permis-detablissement-c

Concerning the Brexit, United Kingdom is still formally part of the EU and there is no impact for the moment.

For any technical questions concerning immigration, you may contact Carine Dudli at the law firm Python.

Per

Hi,

C permits are granted for longer periods than B permits. Therefore, a renewal shall only be requested before the term (usually after five years, instead of 1 year for a B permit). Its' not automatic and a form shall be filed. Following link for Geneva: http://ge.ch/population/prestations/prolongation-permis-detablissement-c

Concerning the Brexit, United Kingdom is still formally part of the EU and there is no impact for the moment.

For any technical questions concerning immigration, you may contact Carine Dudli at the law firm Python.

Per

Per P, Jul 19, 2016 @ 18:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 978 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form