Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Permit Issues

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Permit Issues
We are South African. And thus need to renew our residency B permits every year, this is our 2nd year here. They needed to be renewed in April and I had a new baby in April and I got a new passport in my married name in April. BOY have we had problems renewing our permits. We applied in March and my husbands and 2 daughters cards arrived yesterday. Thats 3 MONTHS of waiting. I have no idea where mine is? Has anyone else had such problems?
The text you are quoting:
We are South African. And thus need to renew our residency B permits every year, this is our 2nd year here. They needed to be renewed in April and I had a new baby in April and I got a new passport in my married name in April. BOY have we had problems renewing our permits. We applied in March and my husbands and 2 daughters cards arrived yesterday. Thats 3 MONTHS of waiting. I have no idea where mine is? Has anyone else had such problems?
YellowtuplipJul 18, 2009 @ 17:42
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1078 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Permit Issues
Post 1

From what I have been told the permit office is behind due to alot of work so the permits get sent out late. I sometimes got mine months and months late. If there was a problem they would have written you a letter. Its not a big deal, the few times like at the airport when I was asked for the new one I said the lawyer sent it in and we are waiting for it and they were happy with that. Just have your old one with you.

From what I have been told the permit office is behind due to alot of work so the permits get sent out late. I sometimes got mine months and months late. If there was a problem they would have written you a letter. Its not a big deal, the few times like at the airport when I was asked for the new one I said the lawyer sent it in and we are waiting for it and they were happy with that. Just have your old one with you.
floydmarks, Jul 18, 2009 @ 21:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
I have heard horror stories of people shopping in France and then getting stopped at the border post on the way back in without their permits on them! And taken to the Police station and questioned! I feel very restricted by this, as I do not want to get stopped and get into trouble. I live very near the border post and its much more convienient to shop in France, but alas I can't!
I have heard horror stories of people shopping in France and then getting stopped at the border post on the way back in without their permits on them! And taken to the Police station and questioned! I feel very restricted by this, as I do not want to get stopped and get into trouble. I live very near the border post and its much more convienient to shop in France, but alas I can't!
Yellowtuplip, Jul 20, 2009 @ 10:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
But with Switzerland in schengen, there shouldnt be any problem now.
But with Switzerland in schengen, there shouldnt be any problem now.
wildboar, Jul 23, 2009 @ 23:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1078 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form