Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Pet Sitter Website: trustedhousesitters.com. Anyone had any experience with them?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Pet Sitter Website: trustedhousesitters.com. Anyone had any experience with them?

I was looking for a pet sitter/hotel for my dog and came across this website:  trustedhousesitters.com

Basically you pay 129CHF per year and you get free dog sitting services provided by other members. I went through the registration and it seems you just need to pay and no background check at all. I haven't made the payment yet, so not sure what will happen after. 

Just wondering anyone had any experiences with this website? How do they verify their members?

129 CHF per year seeme to be a really good deal since the normal dog hotel will cost 30-50 CHF per day.

If anyone knows any good and affordable dog sitter or dog hotel, your recommendation is very much appreciated. 

The text you are quoting:

I was looking for a pet sitter/hotel for my dog and came across this website:  trustedhousesitters.com

Basically you pay 129CHF per year and you get free dog sitting services provided by other members. I went through the registration and it seems you just need to pay and no background check at all. I haven't made the payment yet, so not sure what will happen after. 

Just wondering anyone had any experiences with this website? How do they verify their members?

129 CHF per year seeme to be a really good deal since the normal dog hotel will cost 30-50 CHF per day.

If anyone knows any good and affordable dog sitter or dog hotel, your recommendation is very much appreciated. 

Grace GJun 18, 2018 @ 19:36
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 818 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Pet Sitter Website: trustedhousesitters.com. Anyone had any experience with them?
Post 1

Always remember..........you get what you pay for

Always remember..........you get what you pay for

sheila c, Jun 20, 2018 @ 13:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Pet Sitter Website: trustedhousesitters.com. Anyone had any experience with them?
Post 2

If I understood correctly from the site, people offer to petsit "free of charge" in exchange for staying in your house for free. 

You could publish your own advertisement  for a petsitting exchange with other pet owners if you are prepared to return the service. 

If I understood correctly from the site, people offer to petsit "free of charge" in exchange for staying in your house for free. 

You could publish your own advertisement  for a petsitting exchange with other pet owners if you are prepared to return the service. 

Shirley T, Jun 24, 2018 @ 12:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I'm registered on Trustedhousitters both as owner and as sitter.

It's a very well know housesitting on-line platform and it's working pretty well, as long as you select the right sitter among all the applications you'll get after you've posted your request;

Sitters have reviews, so you can choose one after checking these reviews.

The good point in having a housesitter is that not only he/she does take care of you pets, but also empty your letter-box, water the plants if any, make sure the house doesnt look empty (for obvious safety reasons).

While editing a owner profil on Trusted', make sure you dont make your family name and full street address public (for obvious safety reasons again).

I'm registered on Trustedhousitters both as owner and as sitter.

It's a very well know housesitting on-line platform and it's working pretty well, as long as you select the right sitter among all the applications you'll get after you've posted your request;

Sitters have reviews, so you can choose one after checking these reviews.

The good point in having a housesitter is that not only he/she does take care of you pets, but also empty your letter-box, water the plants if any, make sure the house doesnt look empty (for obvious safety reasons).

While editing a owner profil on Trusted', make sure you dont make your family name and full street address public (for obvious safety reasons again).

Catherine M, Jun 24, 2018 @ 21:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Like Catherine, I've used trusted housesitters over the years as an owner and can highly recommend it. You have reviews of sitters and you control your choice... we always had a choice of 5+ people/couples. Of the 10 or so times we used the site, 9 sitters went far beyond our expectations and 1 time they did an adequate job, but we probably wouldn't have had them back. 

Feel free to PM if you have questions.

Like Catherine, I've used trusted housesitters over the years as an owner and can highly recommend it. You have reviews of sitters and you control your choice... we always had a choice of 5+ people/couples. Of the 10 or so times we used the site, 9 sitters went far beyond our expectations and 1 time they did an adequate job, but we probably wouldn't have had them back. 

Feel free to PM if you have questions.

Matt Williams, Jun 24, 2018 @ 22:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 818 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form