Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Pet Store - Geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Pet Store - Geneva

Does anyone know of a pet store in or around Geneva, one that actually sells pets (rather than just the accessories etc?). I've seen a shop called 'Cats & Dogs' but it appeared they only sold accessories for pets, there weren't actually any pets in the store I visited...

Cheers :-)

The text you are quoting:

Does anyone know of a pet store in or around Geneva, one that actually sells pets (rather than just the accessories etc?). I've seen a shop called 'Cats & Dogs' but it appeared they only sold accessories for pets, there weren't actually any pets in the store I visited...

Cheers :-)

cdiplacidMar 18, 2010 @ 04:12
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

9 Replies | 5561 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Pet Store - Geneva
Post 1

Try SOS Chats for cats and, possibly, other animals: www.sos-chats.ch

cheers,

Lars

Try SOS Chats for cats and, possibly, other animals: www.sos-chats.ch

cheers,

Lars

FerneyL, Mar 18, 2010 @ 07:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

There used to be one in the Balexert mall (near the post), but no clue if it's still there.

There used to be one in the Balexert mall (near the post), but no clue if it's still there.

RemyS, Mar 18, 2010 @ 10:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

There is a pet store in M-Prc in carouge, it all depends on what type of pet you are looking for.

There is a pet store in M-Prc in carouge, it all depends on what type of pet you are looking for.

DJ_Symcard, Mar 20, 2010 @ 00:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Depends on what kind of pet you are looking for. According to the swsiss law cats and dogs are not allowed to be sold n pet stores. You can buy rodents from pet stores. There's one in planpalais, close to the coop city.

If you'd like a pet please adopt. For cats, rats, rabbits, guinea pigs, ferrets you can go to SOS Chats: www.sos-chats.ch at 2 chemin du plantin, 1217 Meyrin. They are open every Tusday and Saturday from 2.30 till 5.30 pm.

For dogs check out the SPCA.

Happy pet searching and please consider adopting instead of buying.

Cindy

Depends on what kind of pet you are looking for. According to the swsiss law cats and dogs are not allowed to be sold n pet stores. You can buy rodents from pet stores. There's one in planpalais, close to the coop city.

If you'd like a pet please adopt. For cats, rats, rabbits, guinea pigs, ferrets you can go to SOS Chats: www.sos-chats.ch at 2 chemin du plantin, 1217 Meyrin. They are open every Tusday and Saturday from 2.30 till 5.30 pm.

For dogs check out the SPCA.

Happy pet searching and please consider adopting instead of buying.

Cindy

cindymiumiu, Mar 20, 2010 @ 18:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Thank you all very much for your replies. Ideally, I would have liked a dog - but, since I live in an apartment and work during days, not really pracitcal. I was thinking a bunny, or perhaps a kitten. I drove past SOS-Chats today, unfortunately it was not opening for an hour or so later, but I'll go back some other time to look into it further. Adopting a cat might be a good thing... I would have perhaps preferred a kitten more, but realise the advantages of adopting one a bit older, for myself and the cat. Thanks again! :-)

Thank you all very much for your replies. Ideally, I would have liked a dog - but, since I live in an apartment and work during days, not really pracitcal. I was thinking a bunny, or perhaps a kitten. I drove past SOS-Chats today, unfortunately it was not opening for an hour or so later, but I'll go back some other time to look into it further. Adopting a cat might be a good thing... I would have perhaps preferred a kitten more, but realise the advantages of adopting one a bit older, for myself and the cat. Thanks again! :-)

cdiplacid, Mar 20, 2010 @ 19:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

This is great! I volunteer at the shelter every weekend so if you need more information or help, don't hesitate to contact me. You can already go on their site to browse the cats available for adoption. There are so many (almost 100) so take your time. best, Cindy

This is great! I volunteer at the shelter every weekend so if you need more information or help, don't hesitate to contact me. You can already go on their site to browse the cats available for adoption. There are so many (almost 100) so take your time. best, Cindy

cindymiumiu, Mar 20, 2010 @ 20:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hi Cindy,

I passed by the SOS shelter a few weeks ago with the intention of adopting a kitten, but I was told that I could not adopt any kitties, unless I would take more than one! Is this the case? I find it very strange!

Thank you!

Hi Cindy,

I passed by the SOS shelter a few weeks ago with the intention of adopting a kitten, but I was told that I could not adopt any kitties, unless I would take more than one! Is this the case? I find it very strange!

Thank you!

Elena M, Sep 8, 2016 @ 15:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

It is for the interest of the kittens to place them in pairs but I am sure they have explained it already. it is the decision of SOS chat. They do care for the cats very much and besides it is a private facility. It is solely their decision whom they trust with the cats.  They want to ensure that the cats are going to a good place. Having been a mom of two cats before and now only one (the other passed away), I think it is a good decision to have two at the same time.

When the family is not at home and you keep them in an appartment, it can be pretty boring for them even when having toys.

Anyhow, I have adopted adult cats and they can be just as adorable as kittens. Why only kittens?

Here it is another link. They have seem to have kittens as well. Adoption is CHF 150.

http://www.sgpa.ch/adoptions/

It is for the interest of the kittens to place them in pairs but I am sure they have explained it already. it is the decision of SOS chat. They do care for the cats very much and besides it is a private facility. It is solely their decision whom they trust with the cats.  They want to ensure that the cats are going to a good place. Having been a mom of two cats before and now only one (the other passed away), I think it is a good decision to have two at the same time.

When the family is not at home and you keep them in an appartment, it can be pretty boring for them even when having toys.

Anyhow, I have adopted adult cats and they can be just as adorable as kittens. Why only kittens?

Here it is another link. They have seem to have kittens as well. Adoption is CHF 150.

http://www.sgpa.ch/adoptions/

Reka Y, Sep 8, 2016 @ 18:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Hi Cindy,

Thank you!

Sep 8, 16 15:28

Ps. Cindy has left Geneve years ago and was not working at the shelter but organized volunteers on Wednesday and Saturdays to go and help with the cleaning. If you look at her profile, she has not entered the site since 2012....and the original post is also pretty outdated.

Ps. Cindy has left Geneve years ago and was not working at the shelter but organized volunteers on Wednesday and Saturdays to go and help with the cleaning. If you look at her profile, she has not entered the site since 2012....and the original post is also pretty outdated.

Reka Y, Sep 8, 2016 @ 18:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
9 Replies | 5561 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form