Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Place to get computer fixed

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Place to get computer fixed

Hello people

I've recently been having trouble with my laptop, I keep getting the blue screen. It seems to be a problem with the hard disk. Does anybody know a place in Geneva or close by in France where I could get it checked/fixed?

Thank you :)

The text you are quoting:

Hello people

I've recently been having trouble with my laptop, I keep getting the blue screen. It seems to be a problem with the hard disk. Does anybody know a place in Geneva or close by in France where I could get it checked/fixed?

Thank you :)

Rochana PJan 21, 2015 @ 13:24
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

16 Replies | 1851 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Place to get computer fixed
Post 1

Hi Rochana, in this case you can meet in the office, and try to do something, if it id possible, perhaps, its material default, or simple crash from your HD.have you made a back up, we can sell a new cheaper one, try to make an appointment, with this way.

regards

Philippe

p.s. not fees for see what happends with you Laptop.

Hi Rochana, in this case you can meet in the office, and try to do something, if it id possible, perhaps, its material default, or simple crash from your HD.have you made a back up, we can sell a new cheaper one, try to make an appointment, with this way.

regards

Philippe

p.s. not fees for see what happends with you Laptop.

Philippe P, Jan 21, 2015 @ 15:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

....or check with Glocals member Zonker .....

Jeffery S, Jan 21, 2015 @ 15:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I may also recomend Franck M from Glocals

I may also recomend Franck M from Glocals

beatrycze, Jan 21, 2015 @ 16:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Best place: Informatika, Bvd Saint-George, next to new Gruyerien restaurant (close to Cirque).

Open afternoon and evening until around 10pm.

Should not be in a rush but great service and probably cannot find cheaper in Geneva

Best place: Informatika, Bvd Saint-George, next to new Gruyerien restaurant (close to Cirque).

Open afternoon and evening until around 10pm.

Should not be in a rush but great service and probably cannot find cheaper in Geneva

Niam M, Jan 21, 2015 @ 18:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Try rue du 31 decembre, you will find computer fix sign which is opposite to the Post. It`s equipped working place with knowledgeable IT master.

Try rue du 31 decembre, you will find computer fix sign which is opposite to the Post. It`s equipped working place with knowledgeable IT master.

Tony G, Jan 21, 2015 @ 23:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Jan 21, 15 23:53

But very expensive.

But very expensive.

Ritchie, Jan 22, 2015 @ 08:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Second recommendation for Zonker. The guy is great and very fast. I had a problem with my hard disk as well and went and bought me a new one, installed it, and transfered all my stuff in less than a day!

Second recommendation for Zonker. The guy is great and very fast. I had a problem with my hard disk as well and went and bought me a new one, installed it, and transfered all my stuff in less than a day!

Maria_, Jan 22, 2015 @ 09:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Agree with Maria and Jeffery. My experience using Zonker for a couple things was outstanding.

Agree with Maria and Jeffery. My experience using Zonker for a couple things was outstanding.

intlrep1, Jan 22, 2015 @ 11:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Thank you all for your messages. Based on your recommendations, I've contacted glocals memeber Zonker, we'll see what he has to say about the issue.

To those who have given names of shops, just out of curiosity, do you have any idea about their prices?

Thank you all for your messages. Based on your recommendations, I've contacted glocals memeber Zonker, we'll see what he has to say about the issue.

To those who have given names of shops, just out of curiosity, do you have any idea about their prices?

Rochana P, Jan 22, 2015 @ 12:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Jan 22, 15 12:31

I had a printer hiccup and the computer-service outlet in rue 31 décembre quoted CHF 80/hr plus CHF100 call-out fee – I live three minutes’ walk away.

However, the manager of a shop selling computers in the same street kindly agreed to call round in his lunch break, fixed the problem in 20 minutes, and asked for something like CHF 35 which I topped up with the purchase of a new toner for his trouble.

R.

I had a printer hiccup and the computer-service outlet in rue 31 décembre quoted CHF 80/hr plus CHF100 call-out fee – I live three minutes’ walk away.

However, the manager of a shop selling computers in the same street kindly agreed to call round in his lunch break, fixed the problem in 20 minutes, and asked for something like CHF 35 which I topped up with the purchase of a new toner for his trouble.

R.

Ritchie, Jan 22, 2015 @ 19:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Jan 21, 15 15:59

Jeffery is right, best in town is 'Zonker' (aka David)

Jeffery is right, best in town is 'Zonker' (aka David)

Dave G, Jan 23, 2015 @ 05:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Hi,

Could anyone recommend someone who's fixing computers (both hardware and software problems) ?

Have tried to contact Zonker last week, but he doesn't seem to be currently around (?)

Thanks.

Hi,

Could anyone recommend someone who's fixing computers (both hardware and software problems) ?

Have tried to contact Zonker last week, but he doesn't seem to be currently around (?)

Thanks.

Catherine M, Feb 23, 2016 @ 08:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Hi,

You are getting the blue screen because it seems there are some corrupted files which are causing the hard disk to reboot the system.

I can look at the system problem and can fix it for you. You can call me on 0788815669 to discuss. 

Thanks and take care.

Regards,

Adi - Geneva

Hi,

You are getting the blue screen because it seems there are some corrupted files which are causing the hard disk to reboot the system.

I can look at the system problem and can fix it for you. You can call me on 0788815669 to discuss. 

Thanks and take care.

Regards,

Adi - Geneva

boy31 geneva, Feb 23, 2016 @ 09:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Just press F8 when the boot starts. You will have a screen with several options. Choose the one where it says "previous operational configuration". 2nd option, use boot cd provided with the laptop.

If it does not work, bring your laptop to a professional shop, and not to zonker (unless you care more about money, and not your personal data on hard drive).

Just press F8 when the boot starts. You will have a screen with several options. Choose the one where it says "previous operational configuration". 2nd option, use boot cd provided with the laptop.

If it does not work, bring your laptop to a professional shop, and not to zonker (unless you care more about money, and not your personal data on hard drive).

Kirill_GE, Feb 23, 2016 @ 15:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

There's a lot to be said for keeping your data separate from your operating system.  Eg on a second drive.  That way if your operating system fails, you can format and reinstall without fear of going near your data.

Better still, store your data in the cloud.  Apple does 200gb for chf 3 per month. Dropbox does 5gb free which you can upgrade to 20gb by signing up 30 imaginary friends.

Eitherway, a second copy of your data (not operating system) on an external drive or SD card has to be a wise move.

There's a lot to be said for keeping your data separate from your operating system.  Eg on a second drive.  That way if your operating system fails, you can format and reinstall without fear of going near your data.

Better still, store your data in the cloud.  Apple does 200gb for chf 3 per month. Dropbox does 5gb free which you can upgrade to 20gb by signing up 30 imaginary friends.

Eitherway, a second copy of your data (not operating system) on an external drive or SD card has to be a wise move.

Marcus T, Mar 2, 2016 @ 00:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

Best Computer Repair in Geneva

MAC or PC

www.techelp.ch

Fix price list:http://www.techelp.ch/prices.html