Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Places near the UN office

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Places near the UN office

Dear all,

This is Dom and I am going to move to Geneva sometime this September. After going through the list of the housing/apt for rent, I am confused with all the town names/locations. As such, just wondering if someone could give me the town / locations which is near (within walking distance or bus/tram) to the UN main office?

Thanks,
Dom
Ps: btw, name like: Champel town, old town etc, are they near the UN office?

The text you are quoting:

Dear all,

This is Dom and I am going to move to Geneva sometime this September. After going through the list of the housing/apt for rent, I am confused with all the town names/locations. As such, just wondering if someone could give me the town / locations which is near (within walking distance or bus/tram) to the UN main office?

Thanks,
Dom
Ps: btw, name like: Champel town, old town etc, are they near the UN office?

dom pJul 18, 2010 @ 04:37
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 954 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Places near the UN office
Post 1

Hello,

Geneva is not very big, and even from "far away" places like Champel you can get to the UN area with public transport in about half an hour.

Nearest to the UN are Servette, Secheron, Grottes, Grand-Saconnex, Petit-Saconnex.

Good luck!

Bert

Hello,

Geneva is not very big, and even from "far away" places like Champel you can get to the UN area with public transport in about half an hour.

Nearest to the UN are Servette, Secheron, Grottes, Grand-Saconnex, Petit-Saconnex.

Good luck!

Bert

kassari, Jul 18, 2010 @ 07:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Dom,

Bert gave you good indications. You can look also at postal code:

1202 - is the UN area (walking distance),

1201, 1203 - are also nearby.

More general indication - look at "Rive droit" - that means on the right side of the river, which is where UN is.

As an opposite to "Rive gauche", which is on the opposite side of the city. It is public transport distance, but not walking. (Champel is on Rive gauche).

A ;-)

Hi Dom,

Bert gave you good indications. You can look also at postal code:

1202 - is the UN area (walking distance),

1201, 1203 - are also nearby.

More general indication - look at "Rive droit" - that means on the right side of the river, which is where UN is.

As an opposite to "Rive gauche", which is on the opposite side of the city. It is public transport distance, but not walking. (Champel is on Rive gauche).

A ;-)

anushka, Jul 18, 2010 @ 08:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Bert & Anushka,

thank you very much for the information. This is specific to the questions I have in mind and will be useful for me to keep a look out for housing.

Cheers,

Dom

Bert & Anushka,

thank you very much for the information. This is specific to the questions I have in mind and will be useful for me to keep a look out for housing.

Cheers,

Dom

dom p, Jul 24, 2010 @ 07:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 954 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form