Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Power

Hello,

I have just moved into my apartment and I am having some electrical issues with my appliances. I brought them over from Hong Kong. I thought the electrical system would be the same voltage and amps except for the plugs being different. I have plugged two appliances in via a travel adaptor and both turned off after a second or two - a toaster and a TV.

Does anyone know what kind of voodoo I have to perform to get my appliances to work?

I have also considered - instead of changing the plugs - just getting English/HK power strips and then using converters to plug the strips into the wall sockets. Does anyone know if you can buy such strips in Switzerland - the multi adaptors with UK plugs?

The text you are quoting:

Hello,

I have just moved into my apartment and I am having some electrical issues with my appliances. I brought them over from Hong Kong. I thought the electrical system would be the same voltage and amps except for the plugs being different. I have plugged two appliances in via a travel adaptor and both turned off after a second or two - a toaster and a TV.

Does anyone know what kind of voodoo I have to perform to get my appliances to work?

I have also considered - instead of changing the plugs - just getting English/HK power strips and then using converters to plug the strips into the wall sockets. Does anyone know if you can buy such strips in Switzerland - the multi adaptors with UK plugs?

Leon JJul 28, 2010 @ 12:55
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

0 Replies | 693 Views      |  Send to friend

No replies posted yet.
0 Replies | 693 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form