Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Pregnant in Geneva?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Pregnant in Geneva?
Hi! I am new to the area (and pregnant), and am wondering what exists in the form of prenatal exercise classes, maternity stores, etc. Any advice would be appreciated. Also, it would be great to get together with other pregnant women/new Moms with whom to share experiences and questions. Thanks and I'd love to hear from you!

Rach
The text you are quoting:
Hi! I am new to the area (and pregnant), and am wondering what exists in the form of prenatal exercise classes, maternity stores, etc. Any advice would be appreciated. Also, it would be great to get together with other pregnant women/new Moms with whom to share experiences and questions. Thanks and I'd love to hear from you!

Rach
RachNashDec 18, 2006 @ 12:24
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

12 Replies | 9622 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Pregnant in Geneva?
Post 1
Hello! Some advice from someone who was pregnant in Geneva :
1. Maternity clothes - not much choice really but there is a store called Formes in Confederation centre (on the main shopping street) - a little pricey though; other shops which have a small collection of maternity wear - C&A (also on the main shopping street) and H&M by the UBS bank next to Cornavin. Personally, I bought most of my stuff online at www.bellydancematernity.com

2. Pre natal classes - I never attended them but your gynae should be able to point u in the right direction. If you are going to give birth in a clinic, most of them have these sessions

3. Prenatal yoga - Inner city yoga and yoga7 have classes

4. Baby stuff - Manor has all sorts of things ranging from clothes to prams; Au Berceau D'or is also another baby shop (on rue de Rotisserie); Baby2000 is another one-stop store in Carouge.

5. Administration - Take time to sort out the administration related to having a baby here as well. e.g. health insurance, birth certificate, research into peadiatricians etc.

Hope this helps!
Hello! Some advice from someone who was pregnant in Geneva :
1. Maternity clothes - not much choice really but there is a store called Formes in Confederation centre (on the main shopping street) - a little pricey though; other shops which have a small collection of maternity wear - C&A (also on the main shopping street) and H&M by the UBS bank next to Cornavin. Personally, I bought most of my stuff online at www.bellydancematernity.com

2. Pre natal classes - I never attended them but your gynae should be able to point u in the right direction. If you are going to give birth in a clinic, most of them have these sessions

3. Prenatal yoga - Inner city yoga and yoga7 have classes

4. Baby stuff - Manor has all sorts of things ranging from clothes to prams; Au Berceau D'or is also another baby shop (on rue de Rotisserie); Baby2000 is another one-stop store in Carouge.

5. Administration - Take time to sort out the administration related to having a baby here as well. e.g. health insurance, birth certificate, research into peadiatricians etc.

Hope this helps!
tweety, Dec 18, 2006 @ 17:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
lovely baby clothes and accessories at Babycare Orchestra (rue Rousseau, near Manor). You can spend a great moment at the spa Spatio at rue de la Madeleine (they have special massage for pregnant women).
If you are thinking of putting your little one in a kindergarden, apply now. I know it may sound crazy, but on some kindergardens parents have to wait a year to get a spot for their kids.....
lovely baby clothes and accessories at Babycare Orchestra (rue Rousseau, near Manor). You can spend a great moment at the spa Spatio at rue de la Madeleine (they have special massage for pregnant women).
If you are thinking of putting your little one in a kindergarden, apply now. I know it may sound crazy, but on some kindergardens parents have to wait a year to get a spot for their kids.....
Iolly, Dec 18, 2006 @ 21:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Thank you both very much.
Rach
Thank you both very much.
Rach
RachNash, Dec 18, 2006 @ 22:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
to check out when pregnant is Inpregna in the Grottes district (22 rue des Grottes) just behind the station. They also have a website in English and French
www.inpregna.com
to check out when pregnant is Inpregna in the Grottes district (22 rue des Grottes) just behind the station. They also have a website in English and French
www.inpregna.com
lentil, Dec 19, 2006 @ 00:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
Hi! I guess i'm not the only one? Pregnant, foreigner...but, very positive to find a new  style="color: rgb(20, 20, 20); font-family: 'Lucida Grande'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 14px;
">soon-to-be-mom
- friends who is on the same state now :) I would like to share my
russian (if you need as well) or share my bubble experience to other bubbles)) and exchange
those for a cup of coffee and a good mood! :)
Hi! I guess i'm not the only one? Pregnant, foreigner...but, very positive to find a new  style="color: rgb(20, 20, 20); font-family: 'Lucida Grande'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 14px;
">soon-to-be-mom
- friends who is on the same state now :) I would like to share my
russian (if you need as well) or share my bubble experience to other bubbles)) and exchange
those for a cup of coffee and a good mood! :)
Tatiana Y, Oct 27, 2009 @ 15:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
There is a shop called Envie de Fraises. Website is www.enviedefraises.ch located in Geneva. They make their own clothes and are really helpful. CA I only found useful for trousers not tops with the tops they had designed them that you would inflate to 10 times your size!!
As for meeting other mums Alison W organises new mums and mums to be meet ups in Geneva so look out for her posts.

There is Orchestra at La Praile which does all the baby stuff prams e.t.c but I went to france and got mine as it worked out quite a bit cheaper. If you can head to france there is a baby shop can't remember the name across the motorway from the Val Thoiry shopping centre. Let me know if you want any more info currently pregnant with my 3rd!
There is a shop called Envie de Fraises. Website is www.enviedefraises.ch located in Geneva. They make their own clothes and are really helpful. CA I only found useful for trousers not tops with the tops they had designed them that you would inflate to 10 times your size!!
As for meeting other mums Alison W organises new mums and mums to be meet ups in Geneva so look out for her posts.

There is Orchestra at La Praile which does all the baby stuff prams e.t.c but I went to france and got mine as it worked out quite a bit cheaper. If you can head to france there is a baby shop can't remember the name across the motorway from the Val Thoiry shopping centre. Let me know if you want any more info currently pregnant with my 3rd!

pazzer, Oct 27, 2009 @ 18:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
Hello! and
congratulations :) actually the reason i wrote my message here in forum was that i want to
meet a new friends - moms or soon-to-be-mom:) But anyway thank you for the information
which i needed too. A brand new stuff for a baby that i've seen here so far in Geneva is really
expensive. I have a question about a gynaecologist..if you can recommend a good one it
would be great! Thank you in advance

Hello! and
congratulations :) actually the reason i wrote my message here in forum was that i want to
meet a new friends - moms or soon-to-be-mom:) But anyway thank you for the information
which i needed too. A brand new stuff for a baby that i've seen here so far in Geneva is really
expensive. I have a question about a gynaecologist..if you can recommend a good one it
would be great! Thank you in advance

Tatiana Y, Oct 27, 2009 @ 20:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8
Hi I go to Dr nancy Newson at the medical centre Meyrin. She is really good and I went through my last pregnancy with her. The only thing being is that she is very popular so I am not sure if you will be able to get in as a new patient. Also you will need to be able to drive to get there - it is possible by bus but I think it takes a while from Geneva town centre
Hi I go to Dr nancy Newson at the medical centre Meyrin. She is really good and I went through my last pregnancy with her. The only thing being is that she is very popular so I am not sure if you will be able to get in as a new patient. Also you will need to be able to drive to get there - it is possible by bus but I think it takes a while from Geneva town centre

pazzer, Oct 28, 2009 @ 09:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9
Thanks! Meyrin is faraway from me.. and yes, thats a problem, cause the good one is always popular
Thanks! Meyrin is faraway from me.. and yes, thats a problem, cause the good one is always popular
Tatiana Y, Oct 28, 2009 @ 09:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Hello! I am expecting in June and am pleased with my obgyn. He is here in Geneva and used to be the chief of the obgyn department at the University Hospital. His name is Semir Arslanagic: I will be checking out a few others too so I will let you know what I find! 

Hello! I am expecting in June and am pleased with my obgyn. He is here in Geneva and used to be the chief of the obgyn department at the University Hospital. His name is Semir Arslanagic: I will be checking out a few others too so I will let you know what I find! 

Jessica Rasmussen, Nov 12, 2009 @ 11:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Hello Jessica! Yes, it would be fine!

I gonna check if your doc is able to take me as a patient. 

Thank you

Tatiana

Hello Jessica! Yes, it would be fine!

I gonna check if your doc is able to take me as a patient. 

Thank you

Tatiana

Tatiana Y, Nov 12, 2009 @ 12:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
12 Replies | 9622 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form