Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Public speaking training

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Public speaking training
Hello

Does anyone know of a place in Geneva that organises short training courses in public speaking (in English). I do quite a bit of that at work and I must say that I'm not all that good (to put it mildly) .
The text you are quoting:
Hello

Does anyone know of a place in Geneva that organises short training courses in public speaking (in English). I do quite a bit of that at work and I must say that I'm not all that good (to put it mildly) .
ZukiJan 14, 2007 @ 23:40
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

9 Replies | 3339 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Public speaking training
Post 1
Hi Zuki, I happen to be an independent trainer based in Geneva. One of my passions and areas I am specialized in is public speaking/presentation skills. I typically organize training courses tailored to organizations. For instance I am currently doing a public speaking skills program for the United Nations and also in the private sector. If you want to learn more about a program I could develop for your organization, check out www.initiate.ch and click Training. You will also find my contact details on the site. Regards, Chris
Hi Zuki, I happen to be an independent trainer based in Geneva. One of my passions and areas I am specialized in is public speaking/presentation skills. I typically organize training courses tailored to organizations. For instance I am currently doing a public speaking skills program for the United Nations and also in the private sector. If you want to learn more about a program I could develop for your organization, check out www.initiate.ch and click Training. You will also find my contact details on the site. Regards, Chris
Kikiriki, Jan 15, 2007 @ 00:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Hiya. Feel free to drop me an email if you're interested in 1 to 1 coaching. I have an extensive background in presentation and training, and would be available for some individual work if you'd like a tutor in this area. My fees are affordable and comparable to most types of tutoring, and my time is quite flexible. Cheers.
Hiya. Feel free to drop me an email if you're interested in 1 to 1 coaching. I have an extensive background in presentation and training, and would be available for some individual work if you'd like a tutor in this area. My fees are affordable and comparable to most types of tutoring, and my time is quite flexible. Cheers.
lovethiscity, Jan 17, 2007 @ 16:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Hi,

If you are interested in public speaking skills you may want to check our program called Expressing Your Dynamic Self at www.heartofinspiration.com.

There is a program coming up that begins in early May. Feel free to contact me if you want to know more.
Hi,

If you are interested in public speaking skills you may want to check our program called Expressing Your Dynamic Self at www.heartofinspiration.com.

There is a program coming up that begins in early May. Feel free to contact me if you want to know more.
Kikiriki, Mar 22, 2007 @ 11:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hello, we run small group courses with video feedback, focusing on business presentations.  These are truly workshops with several practice sessions proviced in a comfortable supportive atmosphere.  There is a course running October 22-23 in Geneva.  More information is available on our website:

http://www.europeanmarketlink.com/training/presentation-writing-other-business-communication-skills-training-course/

Kind regards,

Kimberly VanLandingham

Hello, we run small group courses with video feedback, focusing on business presentations.  These are truly workshops with several practice sessions proviced in a comfortable supportive atmosphere.  There is a course running October 22-23 in Geneva.  More information is available on our website:

http://www.europeanmarketlink.com/training/presentation-writing-other-business-communication-skills-training-course/

Kind regards,

Kimberly VanLandingham

Kimberly V, Sep 23, 2014 @ 12:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

How about considering Toastmasters - there are two English Speaking clubs in Geneva... and our amazing club in Nyon! ;) 

How about considering Toastmasters - there are two English Speaking clubs in Geneva... and our amazing club in Nyon! ;) 

Chris T, Sep 28, 2014 @ 12:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

I know of a lovely English lady called Judi Hall who has helped many people become much more effective public speakers. PM me for her contact details if ever.

I know of a lovely English lady called Judi Hall who has helped many people become much more effective public speakers. PM me for her contact details if ever.

delseta9_, Sep 30, 2014 @ 15:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

+1 reference for the Toastmasters club! Good structure and tons of practice every two weeks. Much better than a 1-shot training ;)

+1 reference for the Toastmasters club! Good structure and tons of practice every two weeks. Much better than a 1-shot training ;)

Lida N, Sep 30, 2014 @ 20:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hi Lida, I agree that one shot training is never enough, but it's a great start or boost to one's skills or confidence.  I've actually had several students tell me that they tried toastmasters and found that it was too scary and stressful.  They found that our course provided them with the individual coaching and support that they needed, without the cost of a private coach.  With that said, toastmasters has been around for a very long time and keeps a following, so I'm sure it is a good solution for some.  Keep us in mind if you see someone struggling at the next toastmasters event. ;-)

Hi Lida, I agree that one shot training is never enough, but it's a great start or boost to one's skills or confidence.  I've actually had several students tell me that they tried toastmasters and found that it was too scary and stressful.  They found that our course provided them with the individual coaching and support that they needed, without the cost of a private coach.  With that said, toastmasters has been around for a very long time and keeps a following, so I'm sure it is a good solution for some.  Keep us in mind if you see someone struggling at the next toastmasters event. ;-)

Kimberly V, Sep 30, 2014 @ 21:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
9 Replies | 3339 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form