Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Reasonably priced lawyer

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Reasonably priced lawyer

Hi I'm looking for a reasonably priced lawyer, i.e. less than CHF 100 per hour. The case is not complex, rental contract dispute. I need someone who can write a sharp letter and/or negociate on my behalf. ASLOCA also charges for this service, so I want to see if their are any other options out there. 

Thanks

The text you are quoting:

Hi I'm looking for a reasonably priced lawyer, i.e. less than CHF 100 per hour. The case is not complex, rental contract dispute. I need someone who can write a sharp letter and/or negociate on my behalf. ASLOCA also charges for this service, so I want to see if their are any other options out there. 

Thanks

Angie SMay 22, 2015 @ 20:57
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 1125 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Reasonably priced lawyer
Post 1

How much is “reasonable” in your book? I once had an hour’s consultation at the Permanence juridique in rue de la Terrassière, which included a print-out of a straight forward letter, for CHF 60, but the tariff may have gone up since then.

In any case, when you consider that a cleaning lady, who may not even be really literate, asks and gets CHF30 an hour, I think anything less than CHF 100 for an hour’s legal assistance would be good value.

How much is “reasonable” in your book? I once had an hour’s consultation at the Permanence juridique in rue de la Terrassière, which included a print-out of a straight forward letter, for CHF 60, but the tariff may have gone up since then.

In any case, when you consider that a cleaning lady, who may not even be really literate, asks and gets CHF30 an hour, I think anything less than CHF 100 for an hour’s legal assistance would be good value.

Ritchie, May 22, 2015 @ 22:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

May 22, 15 22:35

Thanks Ritchie! I was considering using the Permanence as well. I was a bit worried that all they could do is give advice. Its a very simple case and its clear what needs to be done I think. But now hearing they did a bit more for you, I think it could be a good idea. Do you have the exact name of the Permanence?

Reasonable price would be less than CHF 100 an hour ;) One can always hope that there is something reasonably priced in Geneva. Tongue Out

Thanks Ritchie! I was considering using the Permanence as well. I was a bit worried that all they could do is give advice. Its a very simple case and its clear what needs to be done I think. But now hearing they did a bit more for you, I think it could be a good idea. Do you have the exact name of the Permanence?

Reasonable price would be less than CHF 100 an hour ;) One can always hope that there is something reasonably priced in Geneva. Tongue Out

Angie S, May 23, 2015 @ 00:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I'm suprised with your "reasonable price". 

Normal prices for lawyer in Geneva is around 300-400fr./h

In special case, if you meet a "sympathetic" lawyer and it's only about something simple, you may be charged 200fr/h

Anything under 100fr. perhaps happened long time ago, not now.

Trust me, lawyers charge you every minute they talk to you (on phone, in office, at balcony...). I have been using legal assistance for more than 1 year until now, a dispute with someone. My lawyer is a very nice and kind lady, I like her but I'm not sure her warmth is whether from the fee or a reflection of my gentle personality Smile

I'm suprised with your "reasonable price". 

Normal prices for lawyer in Geneva is around 300-400fr./h

In special case, if you meet a "sympathetic" lawyer and it's only about something simple, you may be charged 200fr/h

Anything under 100fr. perhaps happened long time ago, not now.

Trust me, lawyers charge you every minute they talk to you (on phone, in office, at balcony...). I have been using legal assistance for more than 1 year until now, a dispute with someone. My lawyer is a very nice and kind lady, I like her but I'm not sure her warmth is whether from the fee or a reflection of my gentle personality Smile

Ian K, May 23, 2015 @ 02:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

You won't find a lawyer for chf 100 an hour. And if you do find someone who charges a fee that's so much lower than the market price, you should probably stay away from him/her...

if you really need to stay on a tight budget, the permanence is your best bet. 

You won't find a lawyer for chf 100 an hour. And if you do find someone who charges a fee that's so much lower than the market price, you should probably stay away from him/her...

if you really need to stay on a tight budget, the permanence is your best bet. 

Nir Ofek, May 23, 2015 @ 08:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 1125 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form