Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Removal parking reservation: fees issue

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Removal parking reservation: fees issue

I recently moved to a new apartment and, given that it is in a narrow and busy street with very limited parking space, I requested the reservation of the parking space to Traceroute SA, the company in charge of putting street signs on behalf of the Geneva traffic office.The fee reported on their website is 100chf.

Well, today I got the invoice for twice as much: 100chf for the signs placement, plus 100chf for "intervention". My guess is that this is the charge for the removal of a car who was parked in the space despite the signs (I called the "gendarmerie" to have it removed).

Now, given that I did reserve the space, shouldn't the intervention charges be paid by the car's owner? it doesn't make any sense to me that I got fined for someone else's infraction.

The text you are quoting:

I recently moved to a new apartment and, given that it is in a narrow and busy street with very limited parking space, I requested the reservation of the parking space to Traceroute SA, the company in charge of putting street signs on behalf of the Geneva traffic office.The fee reported on their website is 100chf.

Well, today I got the invoice for twice as much: 100chf for the signs placement, plus 100chf for "intervention". My guess is that this is the charge for the removal of a car who was parked in the space despite the signs (I called the "gendarmerie" to have it removed).

Now, given that I did reserve the space, shouldn't the intervention charges be paid by the car's owner? it doesn't make any sense to me that I got fined for someone else's infraction.

FedericaSep 22, 2010 @ 20:44
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 742 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Removal parking reservation: fees issue
Post 1

I would stop by the gendamerie and ask them who is responsible for moving it.  It sounds to me like the company who charged you are "double-dipping" because they are certainly going to charge the person whose car they removed. 

I would call and ask to speak to the boss.  They should at least have asked you whether you still wanted the space given the extra cost.

The text you are quoting:

I would stop by the gendamerie and ask them who is responsible for moving it.  It sounds to me like the company who charged you are "double-dipping" because they are certainly going to charge the person whose car they removed. 

I would call and ask to speak to the boss.  They should at least have asked you whether you still wanted the space given the extra cost.

Translator, Sep 23, 2010 @ 16:00
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 742 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form