Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Renting a car for the weekend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Renting a car for the weekend
Would anyone happen if it's cheaper to hire from the airport or in town or is it about the same ?  Mobility.ch seems to have had loads of positive reviews: would it be worth signing up just for one weekend ? Thank you !
The text you are quoting:
Would anyone happen if it's cheaper to hire from the airport or in town or is it about the same ?  Mobility.ch seems to have had loads of positive reviews: would it be worth signing up just for one weekend ? Thank you !
SajadeJul 6, 2009 @ 21:09
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 807 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Renting a car for the weekend
Post 1
Hey,

There are surely more options from the airport than from the city and you can get better deals with car rental companies from the airport but not a big difference. However, if you plan to take full insurance cover then there is absolutely no difference.

Its also sometimes worth considering some places just outside Geneva in France where you can get cheaper deals.

Dont know much about mobility.ch though!!

As a personal experience, i find it much easier to rent a car from the city rather than going to the airport.

Sanjeev
Hey,

There are surely more options from the airport than from the city and you can get better deals with car rental companies from the airport but not a big difference. However, if you plan to take full insurance cover then there is absolutely no difference.

Its also sometimes worth considering some places just outside Geneva in France where you can get cheaper deals.

Dont know much about mobility.ch though!!

As a personal experience, i find it much easier to rent a car from the city rather than going to the airport.

Sanjeev
sanjeev, Jul 6, 2009 @ 22:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
I never tried them, but they look affordable:

PHIL LOCATION

Philippe Corbaz,

avenue du Cardinal-Mermillod 10

1227 Carouge GE

Phone: 022 301 57 38

Mobile: 079 745 79 22
I never tried them, but they look affordable:

PHIL LOCATION

Philippe Corbaz,

avenue du Cardinal-Mermillod 10

1227 Carouge GE

Phone: 022 301 57 38

Mobile: 079 745 79 22
Free, Jul 7, 2009 @ 02:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
I have a mobility abbonnement, together with my demi tarif abonnement for the train the annual fee is chf190. Without a trainabonnement it's more expensive I think. if it's really just for the 1 weekend the annual fee makes it more expensive, but if you think you will need a car more often then it's definitely worth it. As you book everything online there is no need to go to a rental agency, all very practical!

otherwise try Patrick Location on Rue de Lausanne, they're cheap as well.

I have a mobility abbonnement, together with my demi tarif abonnement for the train the annual fee is chf190. Without a trainabonnement it's more expensive I think. if it's really just for the 1 weekend the annual fee makes it more expensive, but if you think you will need a car more often then it's definitely worth it. As you book everything online there is no need to go to a rental agency, all very practical!

otherwise try Patrick Location on Rue de Lausanne, they're cheap as well.
10eke, Jul 7, 2009 @ 10:44

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
Thank you !
Thank you !
Sajade, Jul 7, 2009 @ 16:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
I am subscribed with Mobility too. Satisfied with their services, so far. What is convenient that they offer affordable prices and several stations with different car categories all over Geneva (as well as Switzerland).

You can also get discount in annual subscription with Migros card.
I am subscribed with Mobility too. Satisfied with their services, so far. What is convenient that they offer affordable prices and several stations with different car categories all over Geneva (as well as Switzerland).

You can also get discount in annual subscription with Migros card.
Shadowuz, Jul 7, 2009 @ 22:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 807 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form