Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Renting an appartment from a private owner

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Renting an appartment from a private owner
Hi everyone, I was hoping someone could help me.  I am on the verge of renting an appartment from a private owner.  I am pretty sure that everything is above board and OK, but I want to check things out, as most people rent from a state regie.  Is there anyone that could advise me here, so I don't get ripped off.  Thanks.
The text you are quoting:
Hi everyone, I was hoping someone could help me.  I am on the verge of renting an appartment from a private owner.  I am pretty sure that everything is above board and OK, but I want to check things out, as most people rent from a state regie.  Is there anyone that could advise me here, so I don't get ripped off.  Thanks.
ChrispitchJun 21, 2009 @ 01:25
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 852 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Renting an appartment from a private owner
Post 1
Hey Chris,

I have been renting my studio through a particulier for the past 14 months

and until now i havent had any complaints.

The only thing that is less is that some requests like internet can take longer then with for instance a regie. Since they have to take the risk to put the bill on their name.

And you will most likely not be able to get references for another (cheaper) state apartment.

But beside that its fine.

Good luck!

The text you are quoting:
Hey Chris,

I have been renting my studio through a particulier for the past 14 months

and until now i havent had any complaints.

The only thing that is less is that some requests like internet can take longer then with for instance a regie. Since they have to take the risk to put the bill on their name.

And you will most likely not be able to get references for another (cheaper) state apartment.

But beside that its fine.

Good luck!
Coopy, Jun 21, 2009 @ 03:37

Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 852 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form