Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Residence permit..

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Residence permit..
Hi,

I am hoping someone here can help me with details about how/where to register in Geneva, in order to be able to register a car, get a library card and so on.. I have Geneva as my second home, besides Denmark.

I tried to search the net, but it's hard when all is in French..

Cheers

Michael

The text you are quoting:
Hi,

I am hoping someone here can help me with details about how/where to register in Geneva, in order to be able to register a car, get a library card and so on.. I have Geneva as my second home, besides Denmark.

I tried to search the net, but it's hard when all is in French..

Cheers

Michael
Micker747May 11, 2009 @ 17:52

Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 939 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Residence permit..
Post 1

http://www.geneve.ch/ocp/suisse.html

this is the web site but yeap im afraid its all in french.  if your employed here the employer should sort it out, if your not employed im not sure you qualify for a permit in any case.  driving permit you will need to find where that office is, i dont know i did mine in basel. but you have to surrender your old licence so if you live between 2 places im not sure how that will work, usually you hand over your old licence, have an eye test and pay 150chf, you get a swiss driving licence, but if you also need a danish one i dont think you can have 2.

The text you are quoting:

http://www.geneve.ch/ocp/suisse.html

this is the web site but yeap im afraid its all in french.  if your employed here the employer should sort it out, if your not employed im not sure you qualify for a permit in any case.  driving permit you will need to find where that office is, i dont know i did mine in basel. but you have to surrender your old licence so if you live between 2 places im not sure how that will work, usually you hand over your old licence, have an eye test and pay 150chf, you get a swiss driving licence, but if you also need a danish one i dont think you can have 2.
peaky, May 11, 2009 @ 19:27

Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 939 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form