Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Residence permit - address in Geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Residence permit - address in Geneva

Hello! Does anyone know how a 'confirmation écrite du logeur' should be made in order to apply for a permit in Geneva? On the form I need to fill in, for the address in Geneva they ask for this kind of attestation. I looked online for a model, but didn't find one. Thank you! 

The text you are quoting:

Hello! Does anyone know how a 'confirmation écrite du logeur' should be made in order to apply for a permit in Geneva? On the form I need to fill in, for the address in Geneva they ask for this kind of attestation. I looked online for a model, but didn't find one. Thank you! 

Cami SAug 14, 2017 @ 12:36
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

9 Replies | 1581 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Residence permit - address in Geneva
Post 1

Hi Cami,

Maybe you need this one: http://ge.ch/population/prestations/demande-dattestation

Hope it helps :)

Hi Cami,

Maybe you need this one: http://ge.ch/population/prestations/demande-dattestation

Elena K, Aug 14, 2017 @ 13:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Cami,

Aug 14, 17 13:12

Hey Elena :) Thanks a lot, but I don't need this from the office cantonale. I need to provide one to them - they call it 'confirmation écrite du logeur' - that means that whoever takes me at their address will write this 'confirmation' with which I can apply for the permit. 

Thanks for trying to help me Smile Hope everything is good on your side 

Hey Elena :) Thanks a lot, but I don't need this from the office cantonale. I need to provide one to them - they call it 'confirmation écrite du logeur' - that means that whoever takes me at their address will write this 'confirmation' with which I can apply for the permit. 

Thanks for trying to help me Smile Hope everything is good on your side 

Cami S, Aug 14, 2017 @ 13:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

You need to provide a copy of the lease where your name appears.

hay_, Aug 14, 2017 @ 14:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Aug 14, 17 14:06

Thank you :)

I don't have a lease yet - they go in a circle, I need a permit in order to have a lease, I need an address in order to get a permit. And for this B permit, I need to fill in an M form - on which they say that if I am subrenting - I need this 'confirmation ecrite du logeur'. It's not an official form, it's just a delcaration that I live there so they have where to send me the permit. But it's this declaration that I don't know how it has to look like. 

Thank you :)

I don't have a lease yet - they go in a circle, I need a permit in order to have a lease, I need an address in order to get a permit. And for this B permit, I need to fill in an M form - on which they say that if I am subrenting - I need this 'confirmation ecrite du logeur'. It's not an official form, it's just a delcaration that I live there so they have where to send me the permit. But it's this declaration that I don't know how it has to look like. 

Cami S, Aug 14, 2017 @ 14:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

If this is not an official form, I guess they could write something like "I declare that Cami resides as a subtenant on this address... The simpler the better. You could also send an email to OCP and ask them directly, although they may take ages to reply to you.

:)

If this is not an official form, I guess they could write something like "I declare that Cami resides as a subtenant on this address... The simpler the better. You could also send an email to OCP and ask them directly, although they may take ages to reply to you.

Elena K, Aug 14, 2017 @ 15:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

You only need a letter from the person who rents you the room with copy of the lease and sublease agreement. The writer needs only to certify that you indeed live at the address mentioned in the attached contract. 

You only need a letter from the person who rents you the room with copy of the lease and sublease agreement. The writer needs only to certify that you indeed live at the address mentioned in the attached contract. 

Faize Osman, Aug 15, 2017 @ 00:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Aug 15, 17 00:15

Thank you Faize :)

Thank you Faize :)

Cami S, Aug 15, 2017 @ 08:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Aug 14, 17 15:06

Thank you, Elena :) 

Thank you, Elena :) 

Cami S, Aug 15, 2017 @ 08:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Sometimes it may help to set up a temporary address at an hotel, obtain a statement from the hotel that you live there. Once you have applied for the B permit, this may facilitate the signature of a long-term lease.

Sometimes it may help to set up a temporary address at an hotel, obtain a statement from the hotel that you live there. Once you have applied for the B permit, this may facilitate the signature of a long-term lease.

Per P, Aug 27, 2017 @ 17:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
9 Replies | 1581 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form