Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Resident and work permit

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Resident and work permit

Hello everyone!

As I done with my job in France, I would like to return back in Switzerland (Geneva or Canton Vaud), but always is question about work and resident permit. If it’s still complicate to apply? As before it was limited for EU-8 countries. Original I come from Latvia. I have been living in Switzerland for 2 years (from september 2010 - oktober 2012). I had permit L as au pair. Now I would like to find a new job and apply for permit B. I would like to ask for some advice. Usually families where I was living, applied for my work permit, but now I would like to do by myself. Maybe there is some specific agencies in Geneva, where I can ask for help to find a job and get my permit? I search  job already in Internet, but there is so many agencies where I should fill application in internet and after just wait for some answer. Finally I have millions of applications and in the end I am lost in all this information. It’s more looks like one big mess and it’s stress me out. I really need some help or advice as I wanna do all properly and get my result. Many thanks!

Jolanta

The text you are quoting:

Hello everyone!

As I done with my job in France, I would like to return back in Switzerland (Geneva or Canton Vaud), but always is question about work and resident permit. If it’s still complicate to apply? As before it was limited for EU-8 countries. Original I come from Latvia. I have been living in Switzerland for 2 years (from september 2010 - oktober 2012). I had permit L as au pair. Now I would like to find a new job and apply for permit B. I would like to ask for some advice. Usually families where I was living, applied for my work permit, but now I would like to do by myself. Maybe there is some specific agencies in Geneva, where I can ask for help to find a job and get my permit? I search  job already in Internet, but there is so many agencies where I should fill application in internet and after just wait for some answer. Finally I have millions of applications and in the end I am lost in all this information. It’s more looks like one big mess and it’s stress me out. I really need some help or advice as I wanna do all properly and get my result. Many thanks!

Jolanta

Jolanta VSep 15, 2014 @ 15:25
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1061 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Resident and work permit
Post 1

Hi Jolanta, first you need to secure a job and sign a contract, then your employer is responsible to apply for a B permit for you. Depending on the agreements between your country and Switzerland that process is more or less difficult. As a general note the employer needs a strong justification to go through the process and costs for you instead of taking one of the many people who already have a permit.

Good luck!

Hi Jolanta, first you need to secure a job and sign a contract, then your employer is responsible to apply for a B permit for you. Depending on the agreements between your country and Switzerland that process is more or less difficult. As a general note the employer needs a strong justification to go through the process and costs for you instead of taking one of the many people who already have a permit.

Good luck!

catalin, Sep 16, 2014 @ 09:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hello Jolanta,

Once you find a job, since you're from Latvia there should be no problem with obtaining the work permit if you have a salary sufficient to support your stay in Switzerland (the local workforce preferential rules do not apply in your case). The permit application is donce by your employer - in the sense that it is required that the application be signed by him.

Regards,

Pawel

Hello Jolanta,

Once you find a job, since you're from Latvia there should be no problem with obtaining the work permit if you have a salary sufficient to support your stay in Switzerland (the local workforce preferential rules do not apply in your case). The permit application is donce by your employer - in the sense that it is required that the application be signed by him.

Regards,

Pawel

kruljungli, Sep 16, 2014 @ 10:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Thanks guys!!! Hope I will find a way :)

Thanks guys!!! Hope I will find a way :)

Jolanta V, Sep 18, 2014 @ 15:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1061 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form