Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > SIG timer for hot water

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
SIG timer for hot water

Hi everyone,

We are a family of 4 and have recently moved into an old house in Geneva which previously had only 1 occupant.  We have a small water tank that provides hot water for the shower but it is barely enough for 2 people, let alone to wash dishes, bathe children.  I have been told that there is a timer installed by SIG which only allows the boiler to heat up from 2200 - 0600 hrs.  i was told that this is under cantonal law and there is no way of having this removed or putting the boiler on overide.

Is this true? if not has anyone had any experience of how to get round this?  It seems rather strange that if this is a green initiative the only option will be having to put the old boiler in landfill and replacing it with a new one!

The text you are quoting:

Hi everyone,

We are a family of 4 and have recently moved into an old house in Geneva which previously had only 1 occupant.  We have a small water tank that provides hot water for the shower but it is barely enough for 2 people, let alone to wash dishes, bathe children.  I have been told that there is a timer installed by SIG which only allows the boiler to heat up from 2200 - 0600 hrs.  i was told that this is under cantonal law and there is no way of having this removed or putting the boiler on overide.

Is this true? if not has anyone had any experience of how to get round this?  It seems rather strange that if this is a green initiative the only option will be having to put the old boiler in landfill and replacing it with a new one!

Nick ManfieldSep 23, 2014 @ 20:35
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 852 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: SIG timer for hot water
Post 1

Hi Nick,

We had the exact same problem, when we moved into our apartment. We called the reggie a couple of times, we were initally told that we should be able to manage with this. However after insisting they sent someone from SIG to change the settings, now apart from the automatic heating in the night, we can also manually switch on the water heater.

Thanks

Anil

Hi Nick,

We had the exact same problem, when we moved into our apartment. We called the reggie a couple of times, we were initally told that we should be able to manage with this. However after insisting they sent someone from SIG to change the settings, now apart from the automatic heating in the night, we can also manually switch on the water heater.

Thanks

Anil

Anil V, Sep 23, 2014 @ 22:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: SIG timer for hot water
Post 2

Thanks Anil,   given my experience with the regie so far it looks as if i will have problems persuading them to get in touch with SIG - do you know if it is possible to deal with SIG direct / have the contact details of someone in SIG that we can talk to directly?

Many thanks,  Nick

Thanks Anil,   given my experience with the regie so far it looks as if i will have problems persuading them to get in touch with SIG - do you know if it is possible to deal with SIG direct / have the contact details of someone in SIG that we can talk to directly?

Many thanks,  Nick

Nick Manfield, Sep 24, 2014 @ 09:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 852 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form